Playable "Villains" idea

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Playable "Villains" idea

by Harkmen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi guys, I'm a recent addition to this forum with a passion for Ironhide's games like most of you. Like others here, I came up with some towers, units and hero ideas as I've continued playing the Kingdom Rush games, and I figured I should finally put them out for feedback.

I posted in the "Kingdom Rush 4 Speculation" thread of an admittedly overly-ambitious idea to include both a hero and a villain storyline with details of possible units for the villains side. Looking back, I think it'd be more appropriate to continue that idea in a new thread. But right now, I'd like to introduce the Heroes I came up with for the villains storyline in a possible future Kingdom Rush game. (Wait...does that make them "villains" then? I'm starting to confuse myself...)

Amon the Demon Knight -- A powerful demon veteran clad in armor and Vez’nan’s most loyal follower, Amon is ready to carry out revenge with his trusty spear, as well as endure his master’s evil bad jokes once more.

HP: high
Damage: average (average attack rate) -- Melee
Armor: medium
Magic Resistance: medium
Movement: average

*Passive: taking damage has a chance to burn the attacker

Abilities

Precipice Quake: creates a shockwave, damaging enemies in front

Flame Spear: Throws a projectile, dealing true damage against a distant enemy and burns it.

Incinerate: Deals magic damage against a single enemy and permanently destroys its armor (Bosses are immune to the secondary effect)

Demonic Blessing: Grants allied troops barriers that absorb some damage.

Signature Skill

Heat wave: Sweltering heat in designated area fatigues enemies, causing them to deal less damage and attack less frequently for a period of time.

Keira the Outlaw -- A Female bandit who sees herself as a robin hood-like figure. She wields her bow with strong conviction against the “oppressive” Kingdom of Linirea.

HP: average
Damage: low (fast attack rate) -- ranged
Armor: medium
Magic Resistance: none
Movement: fast

*Passive: Gains extra money upon defeating enemies

Abilities

Armor Bane: throws several spiked iron balls, each dealing true damage

Mug: Deals moderate damage and steals money from them.

Boomerang Glaive: ranged attack that travels in a fixed path and back, damaging all enemies along the way.

Smuggled Potions: throws healing potions towards allied troops, healing them

Signature Skill

Raiding Party: Summons several armored Raiders to aid Keira for an extended period of time, or until they are defeated.
*Raider Stats:
*Health: 210
*Damage: 13-18 (Ranged: 15-24)
*Armor: Medium (40%)
*Magic Resistance: None

Gree the Glider -- This daredevil of a goblin is using the fight against Linirea as an opportunity to advertise his improved rocket glider after its predecessor didn’t exactly “take off,” so to speak, in the previous war.

Damage: average (average attack rate) -- ranged AOE
Armor: none

*Passive: Flying unit.

Abilities

Afterburner: moving Gree creates flames from rockets that slows and damages flying enemies.

Carpet Bomb: Gree throws several bombs, dealing AOE damage

Nitro boost: increases Gree’s speed

Blinding Smoke: throws smoke bomb at nearby enemies, reducing their hit chance

Signature Skill

Tesla Bomb: tosses an large electric bomb that arcs towards several enemies, damaging and slowing them for an extended period of time

Raven the Witch -- With a love for practicing new curses on whatever she can get her hands on, Raven is feared by enemies and allies alike.

HP: low
Damage: high (average-slow attack rate) -- magic
Magic Resistance: low

*Passive: Flying unit

Abilities

Croak: Permanently turns a certain amount of HP’s worth of enemies into harmless, slow-moving frogs. Bosses are immune to this ability.

Hypothermia: Shoots cold water at a group of enemies (ground or flying), slowing them down and damaging them over time.

Wicked Test: Lets loose a cursed rat along the ground path that explodes for AOE damage.

Vile Knowledge: Increases magic resistance

Signature Skill

Fake Brew: Lays several fake potions along a path. If an enemy walks on one of them, one of several effects can occur: 1) enemy temporarily turns into ally, 2) enemy turns into a harmless, slow-moving frog, or 3) enemy suffers damage over time.

Stheno the Gorgon -- Half human and half snake, her beauty disguises the pleasure she takes in seeing the agonized (or amorous?) faces of her victims before petrifying them.

Damage: average (average attack rate) -- melee

*Passive: when hit from melee attack, Stheno has chance to petrify attacker. Petrified enemies are stunned and receive additional damage to all sources.

Abilities

Petrifying Gaze: Petrifies multiple enemies for a few seconds.

Tail Strike: Deals damage and stuns enemies for a few seconds.

Brittleness: increases damage done to petrified enemies

Hardened Scales: increases armor rating

Signature Skill

Gorgon’s Wrath: Dashes to deal heavy damage to enemies along a linear path, and instantly kills all petrified enemies along the way.

Eclipse the Twilight Hunter – A hooded Twilight Elf armed with dual crossbows who swears to honor her fallen brethren by aiding in the defeat of the Elves of Aredhel and their allies once and for all.

HP: medium
Damage: average (fast attack rate) -- ranged
Magic Resistance: low

*Passive: Eclipse deals extra critical damage.

Abilities

Arcane shots: Fires enchanted arrows that deal true AOE damage.

Mark of Death: Target is marked, dealing extra damage. If killed, target explodes to damage nearby enemies.

Survivalist: grants Eclipse extra health regeneration

Haunting Soul: Upon death, Eclipse’s soul has a chance to invoke fear against nearby enemies, causing them to travel back along a path for a few seconds.

Signature Skill

Twilight Tendrils: ensnares enemies within a large area, immobilizing them and dealing damage over time for a period of time.

Vez’nan the Conquerer -- He has returned and with an even stronger desire to conquer all of Linirea! Prolonged exposure to Moloch’s realm has granted him new powers.

HP: low
Damage: very high (slow attack rate) -- magic
Magic resistance: medium
Movement: very slow (very fast if teleporting from long distances)

*Passive: Vez’nan can teleport to target location if far enough from current position

Abilities

Soul Burn: drains a certain amount of HP’s worth of enemies, instantly killing them.

Dark Will: Vez’nan’s very presence inspires nearby troops and towers, granting additional damage so long as Vez’nan is near them.

Cerberus Charge: Briefly summons a large cerberus that runs over a group of enemies, dealing damage and stunning them for a few seconds.

Life Siphon: drains health from multiple enemies to heal Vez’nan

Signature Skill

Demon Form: Transforms Vez’nan into a powerful Demon for an extended period of time, dealing more and taking less damage.

Kali the Blademaster -- Some say this orc is misunderstood, while most others see him as a monster. But one thing’s for sure: he seeks a challenge, and what better opponents than the Defenders of Linirea?

Damage: average (average attack rate) -- melee
Armor: low
Magic resistance: medium

*Passive: Kali has a chance to parry enemy attacks, nullifying damage.

Abilities

Storm Blade: Kali unleashes a spinning slash that deals AOE damage.

Strong Rebuke: Parrying an enemy attack has a chance to stun it for a few seconds

Deep Cut: Attacks (including abilities) have a chance to bleed the target, dealing damage over time. Bleeding targets receive extra damage from all sources.

Thrill of the Fight: Increases attack damage if more than 5 enemies are within a certain radius.

Signature Skill

Master Cleave: Tap an area to teleport Kali to target location and deal massive damage against several enemies within a short linear area. Quickly tap another target location while Kali is performing the attack to move him to once the attack is finished (similar to secret trick you can do with Xin from KRO)

Mastema the Balrog -- A survivor from the battle with the forces of Arhedel, he hopes to succeed in becoming (in)famous where his father Godieth never made it out of the Tainted Pit.

Damage: high
Armor: high
Movement: slow

*Passive: attacks by Mastema deal true damage

Abilities

Flame Lash: Deals AOE damage.

Shadow Touch: Enemies killed by Mastema have a chance to become Shadowspawn to fight alongside him. Up to 3 enemies at a time can be assimilated.

Lingering Hate: Upon death, explodes to deal large AOE damage and burns targets.

Desperation: When below a certain health threshold, increases Mastema’s armor rating, magic resistance and attack speed for a short time.

Signature Skill

Burning Earth: Unleashes flames upon the ground of target location in a large area, dealing heavy damage over time to any units crossing it (so allied troops can be damaged by this as well, so this must be used carefully)

Sorry if this a long post. I decided to leave out the stats because I didn't want to impose much--just giving the rough outline so we can discuss the empirical stuff together. Also, I didn't want to get too political with the bios, but I figured I could give some of the characters more than just simply "For the evulz!" or "Revenge!"

Do you guys think the hero (villain) concepts seem interesting enough? Should more be done for their abilities? (I admit to feeling a little lazy on a few of these) Should another character be made? Also don't forget to check out the towers and unit ideas! (unless you think it should be moved somewhere else)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26277&start=20
User