8%
Sylas - Host of the Ancient
15%
Thanatos - Grim Reaper
15%

Total votes : 13

Kingdom Rush Legends - Heroes - Page 2

by Ariock » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:00 am

Welcome to the second page of my hero ideas! (Am I making too many? meh...) Kingdom Rush Legends is my own project/compilation of my own ideas for a future KR game, if they were to make one past Origins. I'm making a second page because I need people to vote on their favorites to lower the list down to about 16, but each post only allows 10 poll options. Well, here we go! (I'll be adding concept and digital art to a bunch of these, so check back on your favorites!)

Beresad
The Black Dragon
Each game has two dragons, and I think Beresad should become one, since he is already an established character in two of the KR games. (Image isn't mine, just looked nice, all credit goes to this guy: https://adalfyre.deviantart.com/, I might draw my own eventually).
Health: 600
Armor: None (Flying)
Attack Damage: 52-70 (Fire, also silences enemy units)
Attack Speed: Normal
Movement Speed: Fast (Flying)
Abilities:
Green Flames:Beresad's abilities and basic attacks silence/nullify all enemies affected, and burn for (10,15,20) damage a second for (2,3,4) seconds.
Singe: A deadly cone of Green Flame that burns enemies in an area for (45-60, 60-75, 75-100) fire damage.
Pillage: When idle, Beresad will occasionally leave the map, and mysteriously return with (100-200,200-300,300-400) gold, I wonder where he gets it?
Nap Time: When idle for a couple seconds, Beresad will land and take a nap, doubling his health regeneration. He wakes when enemies are near, or given a movement command, and leaves behind a patch of burning earth behind. Enemies who walk over the patch are affected by Green Flames.
Conflagration: Beresad takes to the skies and travels down each lane, burning the paths with Green Flames. Lasts for (10,13,16) seconds.

Tyurin Longbeard
Dwarf
A reference to a secondary hero in KRF level 14: The Dark Descent, Rurin Longbeard. His name is a parody on Rurin, and the Norse god of War, Tyr. I just wanted to see a full-fledged dwarf hero for a future game. :D
Health: 350
Armor: Low
Attack Damage: 18-27
Movement Speed: Normal
Abilities:
Earthquake: An area attack that deals (50-80),(80-110),(100-130) damage to all enemies in front of Tyurin, and slows their movement speed by 70% for (3,4,5) seconds.
Enchanted Plating: Improves Tyurin's Armor to (Medium, High). Enemies that attack Tyurin take (20,25,30) magic damage.
Block: Tyurin has a (15,25,35)% chance to block incoming attacks. (melee & ranged) This chance is doubled when Tyurin has lost more than 60% of his health.
Mead: Tyurin is granted rapid health regeneration and invulnerability for (4,6,8) seconds, but cannot attack or stop enemies while drinking.
Stand Fast: Tyurin's health is boosted to 900 for (10,13,16) seconds. (This time is not affected by his 'Mead' ability).

Lorcan
Vampire Prince
I loved the Dusk Chateau level, the boss, Vasile, and the secondary hero, Lucrezia. I think it would be fun to have a full-fledged vampire hero in a future game. Lorcan is tall, pale-skinned, hunches over, and has long, whitish-gray hair.
Health: 280
Armor: None
Attack Damage: 20-64
Movement Speed: Slow
Abilities:
Drain: Lorcan bites an enemy, draining up to (15,20,25)% of their max health over 3 seconds. Both units are stuck in place and can't attack during this time. If he is already at full health, this ability instead creates a shield equal to how much health was drained. (Drain shield lasts indefinitely)
Cloak: Deals (80-100),(100-120),(120-140) damage to all enemies around Lorcan. Zombies, skeletons, and other vampires hit by this ability are killed instantly.
Transformation: Lorcan becomes a bat to move long distances, increasing his Movement Speed to (Normal, Fast, Very Fast)
Shadow Form: Enemy basic attacks will miss Lorcan for (5,7,9) seconds. Can be cast during "Drain"
Death Aura: Lorcan deals (80,90,100) true damage every second for (6,7,8) seconds to all enemies in a small area around him. (This ability is not affected by Lorcan dying during it's duration. If he does die, every enemy hit lowers his re-spawn timer by .5 second).

Belthor
Demon Overlord
There have been two demon bosses, including Moloch, and Vez'nan could summon one in KRO, I think it's about time we controlled one of these bad boys ourselves! Belthor is a tall orange demon with two large, curled horns, and dark Celtic-fire tattoos. He wields a massive stone cleaver with several symbols carved into it.
Health: 500
Attack Damage: 40-78
Attack Speed: Slow
Abilities:
Chop: An attack that deals (150,200,250) damage to all enemies in front of Belthor, who is healed for (10,20,30)% of the damage dealt.
Horn Slam: Belthor slams his horns into the ground in front of him, dealing (60,80,100) damage at the epicenter of an area, and stuns enemies hit for (3,4,5) seconds. The damage and stun time quickly fades out to all other enemies in a small area.
Phlegethon: A river of lava bursts from the ground in front of Belthor, traveling down the lane and burning all ground enemies for (60,80,100) fire damage over a couple seconds.
Hellflame: Every (6th,5th,4th) basic attack, Belthor will instead breath fire in front of him, burning all enemies hit for (40,60,80) fire damage. Has a (6,8,10)% chance to vaporize the enemy Belthor is currently facing.
March of Hell: Belthor opens a portal at any location on the map that summons random Demon units every second for (10,15,20) seconds. They travel back up the lane, facing enemies, exploding on death, or just going off the map.

Fisk
Creature Of The Deep
Fisk is a fish-humanoid that crawls on all fours. He has a tail, claws, fangs, and has no eyes or nose. His color scheme is white, pink, and a little bit of light blue.
Health: 345
Attack Damage: 23-45
Movement Speed: Average (Very Fast in water)
Abilities:
Fish Oil: Improves Fisk's Magic Resistance to (Low, Medium, High). Fisk grants (Low, Medium) Magic Resistance to nearby barracks units.
Rainbow Spray: Ranged attack that traps up to (4,5,6) enemy units in bubbles for (3,4,5) seconds, rooting and silencing them. (Targets spell-casters & magical units first).
Feeding Frenzy: Fisk restores (30,40,50) hp whenever he kills a unit.
Safety Bubbles: Can be used on up to (3,6,9) nearby barracks units, granting them invulnerability for (4,5,6) seconds, and regenerating (20,30,40)% of their Max Health over its duration.
Kraken's Call: Fisk summons tentacles in an AoE spell with unlimited range that permanently roots all enemies in that area.

Au
Shapeshifter
Au is a humanoid glob of liquid gold with the ability to copy and shape shift into numerous other beings. "Au" is the name for gold on the periodic table.
Health: 300
Attack Damage: 10-20
Attack Speed: Slow
Abilities:
Replica: Au can transform into a golden copy of one of the other heroes that you own, copying their Health, Armor, Movement Speed, and Abilities. However, he cannot use their Heroic Ability, and only does (45,60,75)% as much damage as that hero normally does in his basic attacks and new Abilities. Also includes bosses that you have defeated throughout the game, however, their stats get a couple zero's hacked off, and are a lot smaller. Can also be used to copy any enemy you've seen in the Encyclopedia. If a very weak enemy unit is chosen for Replica, Au splits himself into (3,5,7) of them that travel in a group, and can multiply very fast to replenish their numbers. Upon "death", Au reverts back to his base form, and cannot use that specific Replica for (25,20,15) seconds. "Replica" has a (3,2,1) second cool-down, and Au is invulnerable while casting it.

Sylas
Host of the Ancient
After "Emberspike Depths", Umbra's Shreds and Elementals were sealed inside a young elf to make sure he could never fully return. As long as Sylas lives, Umbra and his power are contained. Sylas wears a dark blue hood and cloak, light armor, and carries a dagger and crossbow.
Health: 280
Armor: Low
Attack Damage: 15-24 (Melee), 25-38(Ranged)
Abilities:
Poisoned Tips: Adds up to (5,10,15) poison damage to Sylas' attacks. (Melee and Ranged)
Boots of Swiftness: Improves Sylas' Movement Speed to (Average,Fast, Very Fast)
Volley: Sylas fires (4,6,8) crossbow bolts at nearby enemies.
Power Tap: Sylas sacrifices (30,25,20)% of his current health to use Umbra's power on his current enemy. Has a (25,35,45)% insta-kill chance. If it succeeds, the health Sylas sacrificed is returned.
Noble Sacrifice/Power Unleashed: Sylas is killed instantly, releasing Umbra for (10,15,20) seconds until Sylas re-spawns. (Happens automatically on Sylas' death as well)
---While Sylas is dead, he is replaced by Umbra, and gains new abilities:---
Umbra
Shadow Incarnate
Health: 10,000 (He should have enough health so that it's impossible for him to die)
Attack Damage: 100-150 (True damage)
Attack Speed: Fast
Movement Speed: N/A (Umbra is still rooted to wherever Sylas died)
Abilities:
Shade Summon: Umbra summons up to (2,3,5) Shade Elementals at the end of each lane, who travel back up while facing enemies. (Targets enemies closer to the end of lane first)
Smite: Umbra shoots lightning from his eyes, instantly vaporizing any enemies in a small area.
Swipe: Attack that hits all enemies in front of Umbra, pushing them back and dealing (200,400,600) true damage
Portal Loop: Umbra summons portals at the end of each lane, any enemies that walk into them are teleported back up the lane a random distance and are slowed by (20,25,30)% until Umbra is sealed again.

Thatanos
The Grim Reaper
"Thanatos" is the Greek god of Death, he would be one of the most expensive "heroes" in the game. Alternative names: Spectre
Health: 360
Armor: None (Physical) - High (Magic)
Attack Damage: 25-43
Movement Speed: Average
Abilities:
Whisper of Death: Enemies that come near Thanatos take damage equal to (6,9,12)% of their Max. Health over 10 seconds. This effect doesn't stack, and 50% of the damage done heals Thanatos
Harvest: Thanatos empowers his next (1,3,5) basic attacks, making them cleave against all units in front of him.
Vengeance: Whenever Thanatos dies, he deals (100,200,300) damage to the unit that killed him after a (3,2,1) second delay. If this kills the unit, Thanatos re-spawns instantly.
Soul Bind: Thanatos adds the Attack Damage of a nearby unit to his own for (10,13,16) seconds. (Cancelled early if the unit dies, and can be used on friendly units.
Sentence: After a (3,2,1) second delay, Thanatos insta-kills an enemy of your choice. (Deals 1000 true damage to bosses and mini-bosses) Has a (50,40,30) second cool-down.
Last edited by Ariock on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Legends - Heroes - Page 2

by AerisDraco » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Moved to the right Fan Fic forum.

Seems fairly similar to Ashbite, but I love the Pillage and Nap Time. Esp. Pillage.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Harkmen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 am

I am really loving the hero concepts thus far! It's to the point where I feel I need to do a quick summary of my thoughts of each one:

Beresad
However similar he may feel compared to the other dragon heroes at first, I like how his abilities reference what he does in both KRF and KRO. His offensive capabilities feel a little underpowered for a dragon hero, but I love his "Nap Time" and "Pillage" abilities.

Tyurin Longbeard
First of all, I'm a little surprised myself that a dwarf hero hasn't been made outside of Rurin's appearance in that one level. Besides that, I see this hero acting as a pure tank without much flashy, offensive options. In the face of a lot of heroes (both official and fan made) that have mostly flashy abilities to damage/disrupt enemies, this is pretty refreshing if you ask me. I would say that personally, he might not do enough damage to effectively hold off tougher enemies for all his tankiness, but then again that's all dependent on both the towers and enemies you had in mind while creating these heroes. :)

Lorcan
I love the "shield" idea in his drain mechanic that boosts survivability beyond the normal health pool. I still like what he can do beyond that as well. Not much more to say.

Belthor
I see he is the opposite of Tyurin Longbeard in the sense that this guy has almost all abilities meant to actively damage enemies, and my goodness he does a lot, to the point where he may feel overpowered (117 potential damage for a single BASIC attack??? :o). I feel like some of the abilities themselves do similar things to one another (both "Chop" and "Horn Slam" do large amounts of damage to a single enemy). But other than that, I like him.

Fisk
As a creature of the "Deep," is he a fish? Kraken-like being? Crab? In any case, I like how he is able to support troops more so than most other heroes do in the past 3 KR games. And the final ability being able to permanently immobilize enemies is really sweet.

Au
A very unique hero idea, but I personally feel it would be more interesting if instead of another hero he copies, he copies an enemy of the player's choosing, including their abilities, for a short period of time before reverting back. But that's just my thoughts in the end.

Ark
A host-type character is always interesting in my book, and I see you didn't give him many abilities and gave his alternate/ultimate form the full package. While I do like the idea of a signature skill turning a hero into an powerful, unstoppable force, at the same time I'm not too keen on the hero itself having to rely on that one ability in order to be effective in a stage.

Spectre
Oh dear...I can certainly see this hero costing the same amount as Ashbite, Faustus, etc. (or possibly more) should it be used in a KR game. Because with all of its abilities and teleportation, Spectre seems like it could clear enemy waves faster than any official hero can.

Speaking of price, did you create these heroes with any value in mind? (e.g. Some of the heroes being made with the intent of being premium-quality) It certainly feels like it for some of these heroes.

Great job all in all! I don't think you're making too many of these, and I can't wait to see more from you in the future!
User

by Moloch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm

I believe you should make umbra attack your units as well and be eble to silence your towers like veznan did in the original because HE IS TOO OP (I really liked these heroes by the way 9/10 ;) )
Simple curious little Elvish youngling who willingly got lost in the vast universe of Edih'Nori
Ask me about anything related to Kingdom Rush. I've beaten it on normal when I was 9 (2k11)
I have KR and KRF on Android and Steam and KRO on Iphone
User