25%
Yuu the Sword Maiden
No votes
Ageth the Dragoon (& Scar)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Kingdom Rush Crisis: Heroes from the Good Guys' Side

by Harkmen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 am

Hi all, and welcome to the second part of "Kingdom Rush: Crisis"--my personal take on the return of Vez'nan, in which the first half follows the Villains banding together and invading Linirea, and the second half revolves around the Heroes and their retaliation against Vez'nan's new army and devastating siege against the kingdom. Previously I posted the list of playable villains for Vez'nan's half of the story. Link is shown here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26707

This time, however, I will be posting the Heroes that I come up with.
Just like the last time, all Heroes are assumed at level 10, and all heroes beyond "Karhaz the Orc Chieftain" were created with premium quality in mind.

And as always, feel free to vote upon your favourite hero(es), and let me know if you think I should add a few more, change some of their mechanics, etc.
**Takes deep breath**

Lucida the Vanguard -- Trained by Gerald Lightseeker himself, Lucida is as strong a fighter as she is a friendly and charismatic comrade, making her a very welcoming presence among the army ranks. Among the remaining few still standing against Vez’nan’s attack on the Citadel, she leads the last line of defense in a last ditch effort to drive the enemies back.
Appearance: Heavily armored, with only her face showing, and rides on an equally armored horse. Her weapon of choice is a spear with the flag of Linirea attached to it.
HP: 550
Damage: 24-40 (average attack rate) -- melee
Armor Rating: high
Magic resistance: none
Movement: average
*Lucida can attack enemies even while moving.

Abilities
Javilineer: Throws a spear at a distant (or flying) enemy, dealing 35-65 / 55-85 / 75-115 damage.
Trample: charges a short distance along the path, dealing 75 / 105 / 135 true damage to all enemies in her way.
Will to Live: When below 30% HP, has a 50% chance to become invulnerable for 4 / 5 / 6 and gain 30 / 60 / 90 HP for every enemy defeated near her.
Rebuttal: When attacked in melee, has a 40% chance to block and redirect 45% / 60% / 75% damage she would have taken.

Signature Skill
The Savior: Lucida unleashes an aura that inspires nearby allies to fight harder, healing 60 / 120 / 180 HP and granting 30% / 60% / 90% additional armor for 12 seconds.

Fei the Taoist -- A member of the Holy Shrine, Fei discovered the forbidden art of turning the dead into obedient zombies, and was arrested for it. The growing threat of Vez’nan’s return and conquest, however, caused the Holy Shrine to release him to aid the war effort, although the zombies she summon tend to freak out his allies.
Appearance: A somewhat long-haired man wearing a formal outfit and holds a handful of paper seals. His Jiangshi have muscular builds and wear coat-like robes, a hat and a paper seal on their faces.
HP: 300 (Fei)
350 (Jiangshi)
Damage: 14-26 (average attack rate) -- magic (Fei)
12-32 (fast attack rate) -- melee (Jiangshi)
Armor Rating: none (Fei) / low (Jiangshi)
Magic Resistance: high (Fei)
none (Jiangshi)
Movement:average (All)
*Fei summons 2 Jiangshi at a time that permanently fight alongside him. 7 second cooldown after one is defeated.
*Jiangshi have a 15% chance to steal health equal to half the damage they deal per attack.

Abilities
Shatter: A Jiangshi unleashes a powerful chi strike, dealing 80 / 140 / 160 true damage
Deathclaw: Summons a Jiangshi with the spirit of an unstable, savage Lycan infused for 10 seconds, which deals 17-29 / 25-37 / 33-45 damage (fast attack rate), and has a 25% chance of inflicting bleed on an enemy with each enemy, dealing 70 / 85 / 100 internal damage over time.
Field of Undeath: Troops defeated near Fei have a 10% / 20% / 30% of being instantly revived as Jiangshi. Only one fallen unit may be transformed at a time.
Bodyguard: When Fei is attacked in melee, has a 30% / 45% / 60% chance of a Jiangshi jumping in the way to protect him, taking the damage instead.

Signature Skill
Spirit Control: Fei throws paper charms at 3 / 4 / 5 distant enemies to take control of them for 10 seconds or until they’re defeated, with a 10% / 20% / 30% chance of resisting status effects. Does not affect bosses

Ashkil the Watcher—Seeing Vez’nan’s conquest as a threat to the world’s balance this devout of the Northern Spirits combines magic with archery to take down his enemies swiftly.
Appearance: A hooded man with a blue fur coat and wields a bow. His arrows come from magic that glows green.
HP: 400
Damage: 18-32 (average attack rate) -- magic, melee
Armor Rating: low
Magic Resistance: low
Movement: average-fast

Abilities
Frozen Storm: Fires 2 / 3 / 4 arrows towards the sky that land on enemies in front of him, dealing a total of 100 / 150 / 200 magic AOE damage and has a 35% chance to freeze enemies.
Maul: Calling upon the Bear Spirit, Ashkil transforms his arm into a claw to swipe at an enemy, dealing 90 / 115 / 140 damage and reduce the target’s Armor Rating by 1 stage.
Blue Planet: Calls upon the Sea Mother to refresh Ashkil, healing for 70 / 120 / 170 HP and granting 10% / 20% / 25% bonus attack speed for 4 seconds.
Spirit Cleanse: Ashkil calls upon the Eagle Spirit into an arrows, which turns up to 3 / 4 / 5 enemies lose the will to fight, immobilizing them for 6 seconds.

Signature Skill
Blood Tracker: Calls upon the Wolf Spirit to heighten his senses, allowing him to attack enemies with 50% or less health regardless of distance for 6 seconds. In this state, attacks deal 50% / 75% / 100% more damage to enemies with < 50% health, and Ashkil always attacks such enemies. Cannot block or be blocked in this state.

Karhaz the Orc Chieftain -- A seasoned orc fighter who refused to bow down to Vez’nan when he returned to the Wastes. As a result, the Dark Lord defeated him, then tortured him (via evil bad jokes), then banished him. He has since sworn allegiance with his former enemies of Linirea out of sheer spite.
Appearance: A large orc with a single shoulder pad. Has a prosthetic arm, and wields a two-handed hammer. He also has smaller hammers to throw at distant enemies.
HP: 450
Damage: 27-38 (average attack rate) -- melee
15-22 (average attack rate) -- ranged
Armor Rating: medium
Movement: average

Abilities
Warcry: Increases the damage of up to 3 / 4 / 5 towers and nearby units by 30% / 40% / 50% for 6 seconds.
Demolisher: Uses prosthetic arm to shoot a powerful explosive shot, dealing 120 / 200 / 280 AOE damage.
Orc’s Best Friend: Summons a giant Worg that Karhaz fights alongside with for 20 seconds or until defeated.
*HP: 550
*Damage: 20-40 (average attack rate) -- melee
*Armor Rating: none
*Magic Resistance: medium
*Movement: fast
Spiteful: Attacks deal 10 / 15 / 20 extra damage against demonic enemies & skeletons.

Signature Skill
Berserker: Karhaz charges across the path until he reaches the enemy closest to the goal, dealing 25-55 / 45-75 / 65-95 damage to all enemies in his path, and stuns the final enemy for 2 seconds. Karhaz takes 50% / 70% / 90% less damage for the duration of the ability.

Gravous the Bone Golem -- A culmination of many undead skeletons that have united under a common motivation…they are sick of being fodder for necromancers and dark lords.
Appearance: A three-legged giant with an animal skull for a head. Moves around with all of its limbs and lifts one of them to attack enemies.
HP: 650
Damage: 44-81 (slow attack rate)—melee, ranged
Armor Rating: low
Magic Resistance: none
Movement: very slow

Abilities
Calcium Carapace: Enemies defeated near Gravous grant additional armor up to medium / high / great. Losing health reduces armor by 1 stage starting at 75%
Cannon Ball: Gravous leaps to crush enemies beneath him, dealing 80-125 / 105-150 / 130-175 AOE damage, and is doubled if Calcium Carapace is activated. However, he loses the bonus armor in the process.
Terror: Gravous unleashes an aura that affects all enemies for 6 seconds, reducing their damage by 11% / 22% / 33% and silencing them
Beyond the Grave: Upon death, Gravous disassembles into 4 / 6 / 8 skeletons that continue to fight enemies for 8 seconds or until defeated. Cannot be commanded.
*HP: 90
*Damage: 4-11 (average attack rate)--melee
*Armor Rating: none
*Magic Resistance: none

Signature Skill
Not Even a Flesh Wound: Upon activation, when Gravous’s HP reaches 0, he instantly revives back to 50% / 75% / 100% HP and gives a chilling scream, which causing all enemies with less than 400 HP to flee, effectively defeating them.

Zhao the General -- Representative of an allied Nation to Linirea, and the son of an old friend to King Denas, Zhao was planning a celebration with the Linirean King before seeing the kingdom under siege. Luckily, he and his army of well-trained soldiers are prepared to anything, and wasted no time unsheathing their weapons to save their allies.
Appearance: A middle-aged man with a topknot, wearing red Chinese-themed armor with a dragon-like crest on one of the shoulders. He wields a long polearm weapon (“Guandao”)
HP: 580
Damage: 35-55 (slow attack rate) -- melee
Armor Rating: medium
Movement: slow

Abilities
Wind Strike: Zhao sweeps his polearm in an arc to deal 100 / 125 / 150 AOE damage and reduce enemy speed by 50%.
Forest’s Care: Increases Zhao’s HP by 30 / 30 / 30, and grants health regeneration even while in combat, healing for 9 / 12 / 15 HP per second.
Fire Storm: Randomly targets an area filled with enemies and commands distant cannon fire towards that area, dealing 50-100 / 100-175/ 150-250 AOE damage.
Unyielding Mountain: Zhao taunts nearby enemies to fight him, allowing him to block 2 / 3 / 4 enemies at once. Effect lost anytime Yuan disengages from enemies.

Signature Skill
Warrior of the Dynasty: Zhao charges along the path swinging his polearm 2 / 3 / 4 times, dealing a total of 260 / 390 / 520 damage to all enemies in front of him and increases Zhao’s armor to “great” for 12 seconds. Cannot be targeted during the sequence.

Yuu the Sword Maiden—Princess of a former rival kingdom of Linirea in the public’s eye; a vigilante and very skilled swordswoman in secret. Officially forbidden from leaving the kingdom’s walls during Vez’nan’s conquest, Yuu snuck out to lend her aid to Linirea in its most desperate time of need. She has since become quick friends with Alleria Swiftwind over bird watching in Silveroak Forest.
Appearance: Looks as though she just entered her 20s (although she usually covers her face with a mask), and has long black hair tied in a ponytail. She wears a samurai-like kimono top and pants. She wields a katana and has a case strapped to her back, which holds more katanas.
HP: 400
Damage: 40-60 (average attack rate) -- melee
Armor Rating: none
Movement: fast
*Yuu has a 20% chance of parrying melee attacks, taking no damage.

Abilities
Bird's Talon: performs 1 / 2 / 3 quick stabs at an enemy’s weak points, dealing a total of 65 / 130 / 195 true damage.
Reduced Earth: Upon successfully parrying an attack, Yuu has a 50% / 75% / 100% chance to counter by blitzing the attacker and nearby enemies with blinding speed, stunning them for 2 seconds, before finally attacking a random enemy to deal 60-90 damage.
Emptiness: Every 3 seconds Yuu remains idle gives her a stack of “emptiness”, which allows her to deflect a physical ranged attack for 100% damage she would have taken. Up to 3 / 4 / 5 stacks can be attained at maximum, and each stack gives 25% more damage to the deflected projectile (up to 150% / 175% / 200% damage by the final stack of “Emptiness”).
Godspeed Strike: Yuu rushes up to 2 / 3 / 4 enemies across the stage in the blink of an eye, and starting with the one closest to the goal, dealing 90-110 / 110-140 / 130-170 damage to each target.

Signature Skill
Grave of Swords: Yuu tosses her case of katanas, and the swords litter target area blade first. She then teleports to designated area and takes two katanas at a time to strike all enemies within the area in the blink of an eye, up to 6 / 8 / 10 times, until every katana has been used, dealing a total of 480 / 640 / 800 true AOE damage.

(*You can also quickly tap another target location while Yamada is performing the attack to move him to once the attack is finished, similar to a secret trick you can do with Xin from KRO)

Ageth the Dragoon (& Scar)—The fate of most dragons that fight alongside humanity is to be eventually driven away out of fear, and warriors that have befriended such creatures are no exception. Because of this, Ageth and her Wyvern friend Scar were initially uninterested in Linirea’s plight until Vez’nan’s army invaded their territory. Now they fight alongside the allied forces against the Dark Lord, and are promised a portion of Linirea grounds as home.
Appearance: Scar is a black wyvern with a scar (pun intended) on one of his eyes, while Ageth is clad in purple armor from head to toe, wielding a red greatsword.
HP: 600 (Scar) / 450 (Ageth)
Attack:
Scar: 31-64 (slow attack rate) – Fire
Ageth: 22-39 (average attack rate)—melee
Armor Rating: none (Scar) / high (Ageth)
Magic Resistance: medium (Scar) / None (Ageth)
Movement: average (both)
*Flying unit (Scar)

Abilities (Scar)
Dragon Rage: Scar spews a giant fireball against a group of enemies, dealing 160 / 240 / 320 AOE true damage.
Razor Wind (Only usable with Ageth mounted on Scar): Scar flaps his giant wings to create a gust with a cutting edge, pushing up to 4 enemies back along the path and causing them to bleed, dealing 100 / 200 / 300 internal damage over 10 seconds
Abilities (Ageth)
Heat Absorption: Ageth grabs the enemy she engages and burns it for 100 / 200 / 300 internal damage, healing Ageth for 50% of damage done.
Burning Rage: Unleashes a powerful attack, striking 1 / 2 / 3 times against an enemy, each strike dealing 100/ 120 / 140 damage, with the 2nd and 3rd strike dealing true damage, and the 3rd strike having AOE.

Signature Skill
Mount / Dismount: Toggled ability that allows Ageth to mount / dismount Scar. When dismounted, Ageth is controllable while Scar acts as an allied AI, and mounting Scar lets you control him and grants an additional ability the dragon cannot use while dismounted. If Ageth is defeated, so is Scar.
Last edited by Harkmen on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Crisis: Heroes from the Good Guys' Side

by Rush the kingdom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Yay, more content!

I picked karhaz and gravos as my favorites, because I like the Orc general's backstory and the bone golem's reason for joining made me laugh.

I hope you expand on this!
For the kingdom!
User

by Harkmen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 am

*Creator thoughts of the Heroes whilst waiting for more votes, comments and suggestions*
[+] SPOILER
Lucida:
While the horseback knight concept in itself was something I was developing for a while, the character herself was actually a last-second addition, since I had no real interesting backstory and reference for the original cavalier-type hero.
The turning point was Joan of Arc crossing my mind, in all honesty, and finally decided for her to be the new inspiration for the character, changing from a damage-dealer to a tank-support.

Fei:
I was a bit bored with all the European-inspired magic (or at least that's my perception of it) featured in the 3 official KR games, so I wanted to try something new: occult magic based on far east mythos, which resulted in a zombie summoner capable of controlling things with paper seals.
Both Fei and her Jiangshi were meant to be the Yin to the Necromancers' Yang, so to speak: where the Necromancers can create a lot of weak skeletons, Fei can summon much stronger zombies, but can only control a few at a time.

Ashkil:
Another last-second addition to the roster since I felt I wasn't really expanding on as much diversity of mythos as I thought I could.
Inspirations from the Disney movie "Brother Bear" and other Inuit mythos were the key ingredients into making this character, and the main idea is that he is a ritualistic hunter: all of his abilities are inspired by what the Inuit gods supposedly granted to their worshippers.

Karhaz:
Around the time I was thinking of a playable character from the Goblinoid race was when it hit me: "for the Heroes' side, I should include a bunch of allies few would believe joined the cause!"
Karhaz himself went through a few revisions. I originally planned for him to be primarily a troop supporter, but then realized he shared that role with Lucida and Fei, both of which I felt fit the mold better. So I changed him to a Jack-of-all-trades, capable of dealing damage, supporting troops, and summoning a giant pet. I struggled to come up with one last ability for him, until Guts from "Berserk" came into mind...

Gravous:
I honestly can't take all the credit for the creation of this one. A friend of mine who also plays Kingdom Rush was thinking about a skeleton Hero on the side of good, and had me come up with the rest as a personal challenge. The result was this: a giant combination of many skeletons with a simple but passable and humorous (I hope?) reason for fighting the bad guys.
It's not the spirit of KR without at least one humorous backstory/motivation, right? ;)

Zhao:
The first Hero I came up with for KR: Crisis. Funnily enough, I came up with Zhao before Guiying was announced in IM, and with how similar he was to the official hero, it felt like I had a lot of work cut out for me. But at the same time, I was in too deep with this character to simply scrap him, so I tweaked his play style and abilities to feel a bit more unique.
Main inspiration for this hero comes from the popular Chinese 3 Kingdoms era, but more specifically from the movie "Red Cliff." Originally I had him as the first playable for the Good Guys' side of the FanFic, but eventually decided to change him to a premium Hero, as his skill set seemed a bit too powerful for a hero of free quality, and I was both too lazy and proud to change him anymore than he was.

Yuu:
I've always been a big fan of the agile swordfighter/samurai-like archetype, and so Yuu was the Hero I put by far the most effort into to try and make her feel as unique as I could from a gameplay standpoint. She started off as a villain character called "Kali the Blademaster" (you'll find him in the early "Playable villains idea" thread) before I decided to scrap the idea in favor of a playable Dark Knight character. With the idea of possessing nothing more than sheer speed and swordsmanship, I found it difficult to make each potential ability feel different from the last one without resorting to mere passives, so she went through many many revisions (around 13, to be precise).
And yes, she is basically every single speedy samurai-esque reference I could possibly think of rolled into one KR character. :lol:

Ageth & Scar
We've already got 3 powerful dragons in the KR series, so creating another one didn't really cross my mind until an idea hit me: "what if someone was riding/commanding a dragon?"
Even with that in mind, it was still tough to come up with ways to make this dragon/rider combo feel different from the other dragons. It wasn't until replaying the original KR that I decided to make both Ageth and Scar individually play like KR 1 heroes; with only 2 abilities, but both were much more powerful than non-signature skills of all the other characters. And so their signature skill ultimately became a way to toggle between playing as either the dragon or the warrior.
User

by Rush the kingdom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:51 pm

I just had a cool idea for an/the endless zone for the villain campaign.

The person who taunts you and makes it harder for you to defend could be a gnome shop tycoon who has been using his shop as a sort of safe harbor for linerian forces. He uses gnome shop items against your troops (frozotov freezes, dynamite damages, heart box heals enemy troops,etc) and the special miniboss that appears every ten waves could be some sort of super tough hired goon.

What do you think?
For the kingdom!
User

by Harkmen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:02 am

Hey, sorry to keep people waiting, but I've done a little reworking on some of the Heroes (particularly Yuu and Karhaz).
User