-may be a primitive skill/tool used by humans
-may be a skill passed down by a higher power, or derived from a higher power
Technological:
-Must be centered around a tool
-Can be a tool that is specialized in a certain way of killing
OR
-Can be a tool that makes a way of killing much easier
OR
-Can be a tool which invents a new form of killing(edited)
Artistic:
-Must be centered around a technique
-Can be a technique specialized in a way of fighting
OR
-Can be a technique that harnesses knowledge passed down and applying it through human-modified ways

So what is this useful for? It is useful for derriving the hero's ability based on their lore. You can usually gauge the lore of your hero with these 3 catergories. For example, Lightseeker is traditional,Mirage is artistic,and Bolin is Technological. Now if you struggle with creating hero abilities that do not regard balancing, it can be used to see what moves or weapons they can hold based on the area(s) they dominate. So if you have a hero like hacksaw, you would pick abilities based on weaponry. If you have a hero like Mirage, then her abilities would be based on technique and martial arts.

Please let me know any flaws. I will be happy to fix them!
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

Re: Hero Creation Aid

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 am

What about a four way grid? With titles on each side, each two made of opposing pairs. On the top TRADITIONAL and opposite TECHNOLOGICAL. On the left LEARNED and opposite on the right INNATE.

So Assassins would be closer to Traditional and Learned, whereas a Wikd Mage eould be Traditional and Innate.

Just a thought.
Yes it's me

by SealDarklight » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Barbarians are missing in this category
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Confused: How is this a hero creation aid?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by nova_n » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:38 am

Seal dark knight wrote
"Barbarians are missing in this category"

Damn it. It hid behind the trinagle picture. i need to convert that to a PNG. i will fix soon

AerisDraco wrote
"Confused: How is this a hero creation aid?"

While it doesnt deal with balancing, it helps with creating abilities. Abilities are just means to an effect/damage dealing. Usually they are repetitive. It is rare they are unique. That is beside the point however. It helps you decide your hero's ability based on their lore, so that way you dont mismatch things like a desert warrior like alric with some sort of magic. It just doesnt work, and is aestetically dissonant.

RaZoR LeAf wrote
"What about a four way grid? With titles on each side, each two made of opposing pairs. On the top TRADITIONAL and opposite TECHNOLOGICAL. On the left LEARNED and opposite on the right INNATE.

So Assassins would be closer to Traditional and Learned, whereas a Wikd Mage eould be Traditional and Innate.

Just a thought."

Hmm, you gave me an idea so that i make it look like the political compass. While it does remove towers from the traditional area(there are ALOT of towers there i feel), it would make it strange to gauge towers that are on 3 but not 4 areas of the grid. It cant be put in the middle because that would entail that it draws from all 4 sources. Also with the learned and innate, i do like the idea of innate. It feels much more specific than traditional. Its just hard to fit it in due to the reasons i mentioned. Also i put assasins far away from tradition because they were martial artists. They created the technique of sneak fighting in the game
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by nova_n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:18 am

Sorry to necrobump, But i really like this idea of mine. Anyway, I can make 4 catergories while also keeping the triangle dynamic to make it easier to put towers in between them. I can make it a tetrahedron. Also i hope youre doing well razor!
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User