Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Ninja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

Here’s a link to most of the pictures (go 8 pictures down on the post to get to the towers):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29261&start=20#p143092

And here’s the other picture:

Image

Towers

Shadow Archers

Archer Tower

Damage: 20-30
Attack Rate: Slow (1.5s)
Range: Average
Cost: 230 GP

A singular Shadow Archer stands menacingly atop a tower adorned with skulls picked clean by the fowl of the air. While dependable on its own (33.3 DPS compared to Crossbow Fort’s 38), the abilities are where this tower truly becomes terrifying, dealing out massive amounts of damage or turning into a strong supportive tower. Shadow Archers have a base 50% crit chance.

Shadow of Death (Passive)

Cost: 200/200/200 GP

Add one more Shadow Archer to the tower per upgrade. When the new Shadow Archer fires depends on when the ability is upgraded. If upgraded after the original SA finishes a shot, then the new addition will fire in concert with the original, eventually creating one of the strongest single-target DPS towers in the series. If upgraded before a shot is fired, then the new SA will shoot slightly later than the original and at a different enemy (if possible) with the potential to create an almost constant storm of arrows when fully upgraded.

This gives the player a choice between a massively strong but non-versatile tower or a more versatile tower that spreads the death to all. :skull:

Lethality (Passive)

Cost: 350/150/150 GP

Upgrade 1: Crit chance is now 80%.

Upgrade 2: Shadows Archers cripple their enemies on crits, making them slower by 75%. Lasts for 4 seconds. Shadow Archers now also prioritize non-slowed enemies. Does not stack.

Upgrade 3: Crits make enemies bleed for 30 damage over 3 seconds. Shadow Archers now prioritize (overrides non-slowed enemy priority) larger enemies (750+ HP) if possible. Bleeds can stack.

This ability benefits both styles of SA usage determined by the first ability equally (or at least I hope so). The increased chances of critical hits makes both single target arrow dumping and multiple enemy arrow storming even stronger, since they each get unique and powerful abilities in their own right. Choices on whether to fully upgrade this or not are basically final. If fully upgraded, then the multiple enemy strategy is hurt a lot by the overriding large target priority; if not fully upgraded, then the non-slowed enemy priority will ruin the single target strategy. You must choose one or the other.

Tower Purpose: Originally, I wanted to make a tower that felt just like KR Shadow Archers, obliterating single targets with huge groups of arrows focused on them, picking off one unit quickly and painfully at a time. As I was making the tower, I also decided that I wanted to give observant players the choice between a versatile support tower and the aforementioned single-target-murdering tower.

——

Orc Slaughterers

Barracks Tower

HP: 375
Armor: Medium (40%)
Damage: 20-25
Attack Rate: Average (1s)
Regeneration Rate: 50 HP/s
Respawn: 14s
Cost: 375 GP

Three brutal elite of the Horde enter the fray as competent and seasoned veterans of dishing out suffering. Their base strength is not to be trifled with, but expect abilities that only amplify their basic functions rather than flashy powers transforming them in fundamental ways.

Shoulder Bash (Passive)

Cost: 150/75/75 GP

The slaughterers now charge into battle fiercely, delivering a powerful slam from their shoulder guard to their opponent on first contact.

Upgrade 1: Shoulder Bash is an attack that the Orcs will always perform when entering into melee combat, but not during. It deals 10-15 damage and stuns for one second.

Upgrade 2: Deals 20-25 damage. Stuns for 1.5 seconds.

Upgrade 3: Deals 30-35 damage. Stuns for 2 seconds.

Slaughterhouse (Active: 15 seconds)

Cost: 325/200/200 GP

The Orcs roar and go into a bloodrage. They deal more damage and have a chance to deal triple damage in this state.

Upgrade 1: Bloodrage lasts for 5 seconds. Slaughterers deal 30-40 damage in this state and have a 10% chance to deal triple damage.

Upgrade 2: Lasts for 7 seconds. Deal 40-50 damage and have a 20% chance to deal triple damage.

Upgrade 3: Lasts for 9 seconds. Deal 50-60 damage and have a 30% chance to deal triple damage.

Orcs Hungry! (Active: 5 seconds)

Cost: 235/175/175 GP

A slaughterer takes a large chomp out of his foe, dealing high damage, causing bleeding damage over time, and healing some HP for himself.

Upgrade 1: The chomp deals 2% of the enemy’s maximum HP, regardless of resistances. It heals the orc for 2% of his own maximum HP.

Upgrade 2: Deals 4% of enemy’s max HP. Heals 4% of orc’s max HP.

Upgrade 3: Deals 6% of enemy’s max HP. Heals 6% of orc’s max HP.

Tower Purpose: With this tower, I intended to make a very strong, dependable barracks that could back both groups of enemies and single strong enemies well. They require little management after construction. Their abilities are unnecessary to add but are useful when purchased. They rarely should be maxed out except in the case of final ability. Shoulder Bash can be used against large single targets or groups of three more effectively with a bit of micromanagement. This isn’t even necessary to make good use of the ability, but multiple stuns can be effective if the situation is non-hectic enough to allow for some more in-depth barracks micro. Slaughterhouse gives the orcs a strong ability with which to deal even more damage. It is self-explanatory and easy to use if upgraded. The final ability makes the Slaughterers extremely strong against large single targets and should be made use of at full power often. Orc Slaughterer towers are simple, dependable, back-bone type towers.

——

Demon Flameholders

”Some people just want to watch the world burn.”

Mage Tower

Damage: 8-10
Attack Rate: Fast (.5s)
Range: Average
Cost: 250 GP

Deals Fire Damage
Sets enemies on fire; dealing 3 Fire Damage per second over 15 seconds
Attacks nonburning enemies if possible

A wrathful fiend glares incandescently upon his foes from atop a seething pile of red-hot rocks. The Flameholder is a smoldering support tower, burning all who cross its path.

Smoldering Revenge (Active: 5s)

Cost: 100/100/100 GP

Animation: The Flameholder burns with rage for a moment before erupting in flames and floating in midair for 3 seconds, after which the cooldown begins.

Reignite all enemies previously burned by this Flameholder tower, dealing 1/2/3 FDPS over 3 seconds. The Flameholder also attacks twice as fast during this time.

Eternal Torment (Active: 15s)

Cost: 250/250/250 GP

Teleport 3/4/5 enemies previously burned by this tower back to the beginning of its range.

Tower Purpose: My main idea with this tower is that the concept of base Fire damage on a Mage is OP unless that tower specializes in a) spreading out its damage and b) damage over time rather than high damage per hit. Flameholders are best placed at the beginning of the path. Here, they can hit many more enemies than nearer the end of the path, which of course will allow one to maximize their power due to the nature of their attacks. Smoldering Vengeance should not be upgraded until the Flameholder has hit a lot of enemies, or its first few usages will be ineffective. The ability’s damage, while apparently meager, will stack up fast when you add up all the enemies being hit by it. Eternal Torment does exactly what it says, being the best Teleport in the series if the Flameholder is placed wisely (at the beginning of the path).
Last edited by Ninja on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 19 times in total.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Ninja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

:veznan:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by nova_n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:39 am

Ooh finally tower speculation rather than hero speculatin! my favorite.

Shadow archers:
The burst damage, though strong, seems to be unreliable. Though theoretically, the shots should alternate between 25 damage and 75 damage, it will not always work that way, and it will be very frustrating to put these towers at the end of the path.
((25+x)/2)/1.5 = 33.3 ------> (25+x)=100 -----> x = 75 damage

Shadow of death:
I like the idea behind setting its functionality to being a high burst damage tower to 1 or 2 shot tanks, or to be a rapid fire spray of arrows to
wipeout any swarms of enemies. The only problem i have is how the fire rate setting works. It can be a pain in the ass to have to upgrade it
right before it fires, especially if you have 3 shadow archers uptop already shooting in quick succession. I suggest an easy switch button.

Lethality:
-This is assuming crit damage does not change. The new DPS will now be ((25+4(75))/5)/1.5=x ---> 43.3333 dps
-The slow down is very intersting too. This is immediately biased towards the rapid fire spray of "Shadow of death" Because like a fire hose,
it will spray all over to shower an entire group of enemies. This is very useful
-Suprisingly, a bleed ability rewards the anti tank burst playstyle because the bleeding can stack, in addition to targeting the strongest
enemies. This needs clarification on if it will repeatedly target the same strong enemy until it is weaker than the enemies around it, or if it
targets the strongest non bleeding enemeis after

Good tower i think
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Location: Elmore and Mgtown

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by nova_n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 am

Orc Slaughterhouse:
Seems like a great stalling tower. Very reliable HP and Armor. Although i do have to ask about the regeneration, since that is waht the trolls are known for. This tower seems like a long term barracks that you would keep on the map because its expensive. You cannot spam it like barbarians or paladins.
Shoulder bash:
Basically adds HP to the orcs, because they prevent damage completely with this move.

Slaughterhouse:
This is the damage ability. Normally i would hate damage abilities on barracks because they are outclassed by the other towers for their price.
But the expensive upgrade can shred through entire hordes. This can replace artillery long term.

Orcs Hungry!:
Though this heals the orcs, it does not seem too significant. This is not a worth while upgrade

Great tower
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Location: Elmore and Mgtown

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Ninja » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 am

@nova_n:

Shadow Archers

I see your point about unreliability, but I feel like that is allowable; I feel like the SA’s would be too strong and too versatile if they were a constant reliable factor, had the wherewithal to damage large hordes, and the potential to destroy tanks in one, two, or three hits. It would essentially encourage spam. Feel free to offer more feedback on this point, though. I’m still open to changing it if it doesn’t create an OP tower.

Shadow of Death: A button is a possible change, but I need clarification of your statement. The reason I made the ability this way is so that the decision is hard and final rather than flippant. I want players to think about it carefully. If a button that simply changes the function of the tower whenever is added, then it may defeat that purpose. If the button is somehow able to both encourage this difficult decision and make it still be final, then I would add it, but I have yet to think of a way. Please, elaborate further. :)

Lethality:

1. Correct. ;)
2. Exactly! My intention has been accomplished. :hero:
3. The large target priority will cause the tower to repeatedly attack the same enemy to encourage the anti-tank function of it. All of my towers should be taken at face-value. If it doesn’t say it specifically, it isn’t there. Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you for the compliment. :yey:

Orc Slaughterers

Yes, that’s the entire concept. A very reliable but expensive tower. One or two will become the backbone of your defense, but more would be wasteful.

Shoulder Bash: Yep, that and it increases stalling time per enemy with the stun.

Slaughterhouse: Right again. I’m glad it’s powerful without being OP, as I endeavored to accomplish that. :D

Orcs Hungry!: I intended it to be useless versus weak enemies and powerful versus one large target and powerful for endless mode (hence the percentage damage and very low CD of 5 seconds). It’s intended only to increase the Orcs versatility. Keep in mind that this ability can really chew through a large enemy if all the Orcs are fighting it. Basically this ability is for single targets, the second one is for hordes, and the first one is simply a durability and strength buff in an interesting way. Do expatiate further if you find it to be truly UP. Feedback is appreciated. :)

And again, I really appreciate your praise. :mrgreen:

OP updated with Demon Flameholders! :twisted:
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by nova_n » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm

IM BACK
Demon flamers
Looks good on paper. But it reality, it would be limited to being placed before the kill zone and not during it.
Even with this limitation, it would be good for filtering out weaker enemies to leave stronger tanks behind, if it targets different enemies after each shot. If its a focus fire (no pun), it would make a great anti tank if the fire stacked

Smoldering revenge
This can be useful for effectively multiplying the tower's range. Also, Attacking 2x as fast would make it attack every 0.25 seconds. Thats can actuall do decent damage on the spot.

Eternal torment
I get the idea is to make them burn longer, and get reburnt. This s also why its called eternal torment. But a teleport seems kinda off by itself. The action itself needs to relate to fire.

The tower serves its purpose. Though kinda bland, it is functional
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Location: Elmore and Mgtown

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Ninja » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 am

Oh, oops. I meant to write that it attacks nonburning enemies in its innate ability section. Sorry. :lol: Yes, that’s the idea. I wanted the tower to spread out a lot of damage over time rather than being burst against tanks like many other Mage towers throughout the series.

Smoldering Revenge: Correct.

Eternal Torment: Hmmm ... what did you have in mind? I would indeed like to make the ability more interesting and integral to the tower. I know it’s a Teleport, but I though it would be related enough to fire with its condition for activation as is.

Yeah, I know it’s a bit bland. I tried to make it more interesting, but there’s only so much one can do with fire. This is also the bane of making heroes related to fire. The idea may sound intriguing upon first thinking of it, but it sort of molds itself to be similar either to Ignus or Phoenix, making it feel forced or boring in its finality.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Uranato » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:13 am

I picture the revealed towers more as basic towers rather than advanced towers. I mean, Orcs, Shadow Archers and Demons are not actually 'elite' troops in Vez'nan's army.

Towers such as Necromancers and Dark Slayers would most likely form Vez'nan's advanced towers.
User
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:50 am

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Ninja » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:30 am

Uranato wrote:I picture the revealed towers more as basic towers rather than advanced towers. I mean, Orcs, Shadow Archers and Demons are not actually 'elite' troops in Vez'nan's army.

Towers such as Necromancers and Dark Slayers would most likely form Vez'nan's advanced towers.


Oh, yeah, I know some of these will be basic towers. I’m just imagining them as Tier 4 towers for fun.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Philsam » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:41 pm

KRV to the same graphics as KR, is this normal ?
Hi, I'm a little fox, I hope to enjoy this community !!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am
Location: In the wood

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Philsam wrote:KRV to the same graphics as KR, is this normal ?


It's one screen sho5 that’s likely been procedurally generated instead of taken in game. We have no idea what the full graphics will look like.

And what's normal?
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by AerisDraco » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:34 pm

It only looks like KR because it's the same setting. If you pay attention to the tower designs, and most especially the Orc designs, you can see the clear improvements.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Philsam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:39 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Philsam wrote:KRV to the same graphics as KR, is this normal ?


It's one screen sho5 that’s likely been procedurally generated instead of taken in game. We have no idea what the full graphics will look like.

And what's normal?


I understand now, I wondered if it was normal that we see the same graphics but you have contradicted me, I thought because in the trailers of KRF heroes, we saw the towers of KR.
7
Hi, I'm a little fox, I hope to enjoy this community !!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am
Location: In the wood

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:41 pm

I've done a comparison between Kingdom Rush and the screenshot of Vengeance. As you can see (KRV on the right) the images are far more detailed.

Image
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Philsam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I've done a comparison between Kingdom Rush and the screenshot of Vengeance. As you can see (KRV on the right) the images are far more detailed.

Image


Thank you Razor leaf
Hi, I'm a little fox, I hope to enjoy this community !!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am
Location: In the wood

Re: Imagining all the revealed KRV towers as Tier 4

by Philsam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm

AerisDraco wrote:It only looks like KR because it's the same setting. If you pay attention to the tower designs, and most especially the Orc designs, you can see the clear improvements.


Thank you Aeris
Hi, I'm a little fox, I hope to enjoy this community !!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am
Location: In the wood


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests