Over-The-Top Kutsao Revamp

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Over-The-Top Kutsao Revamp

by Harkmen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 am

Hi all!

A week ago back on Discord, I made a Kutsao Revamp that I thought I should share with the rest of the forums, considering there seems to be a consensus that the official version left much to be desired. I will warn that this revamp will be extremely convoluted at a glance, so let me know if anything is confusing or impractical. I am happy to answer and edit as I go.

Kutsao the Young Master
HP: 225 + 25 (450)
Heal Rate: 7% of max HP
Damage: 10-15 + [2-3] (28-42) – melee
Attack Rate: 0.8s
Armor Rating: none
Magic Resistance: none
Speed: Fast
Respawn Time: 18 seconds

Innate: Kutsao has a 20% --> 40% chance (Level 1--> Level 10) to parry melee attacks, negating damage.
-----------All of Kutsao’s Skills have a “Stance Effect,” which modify his stats and give additional bonuses for his next 3 / 4 / 5 attacks (or after 15 seconds) after using the respective skill.

Snake Style (CD: 15 seconds): Uses a sneaky attack with the subtly and lethalness of a snake to deal 40 / 60 / 80 damage and reduce enemy’s attack by 20% / 40% / 60% for 14 seconds. Weakened enemies also take an additional 30 internal damage from all attacks.
Stance Effect: Relegates all attacks to parrying, but doubles the parry chance. Upon a successful parry, Kutsao counterattacks for normal attack damage and reduces the attacker’s damage by 10% / 20% / 30% for 10 seconds.

Dragon Style (CD: 18 seconds): Kutsao transforms his Chi into the shape of a majestic Dragon and launches it at enemies in front of him for 80 / 140 / 200 true area damage. Hits both ground and flying enemies.
Stance Effect: Kutsao deals magic damage on all attacks in a small AOE around him.

Tiger Style (CD: 12 seconds): Utilizes an aggressive form with the ferocity of a Tiger that deals 90 / 125 / 160 true damage. If the enemy has 350 HP or less, this becomes an instant kill.
Stance Effect: Doubles Kutsao’s attack, ignores armor and grants 30% / 40% / 50% armor. However, Kutsao cannot parry attacks.

Leopard Style (CD: 12 seconds): Moves at lightning fast speed to attack up to 3 / 5 / 7 times against nearby enemies, each attack dealing 35 / 45 / 55 true damage. And like a Leopard ambushing its prey, he will do double that damage against enemies with more than 75% HP.
Stance Effect: Each attack will bleed an enemy for an additional 75 internal damage over 3 seconds (does not stack). Also, when moving Kutsao, he will teleport to any given area, and if the target area is next to an enemy, Kutsao will perform sneak attack for normal attack damage that also stuns the enemy for 1.5 seconds.

Crane Style (CD: 9 seconds): Delivers a spin kick with the force of a whirlwind and the grace of a Crane that deals 20 / 40 / 60 damage up to 3 enemies in front of Kutsao and slows them by 30% / 45% 60%. Can be used when engaging an enemy or from a distance.
Stance Effect: Kutsao now has 30% → 60% to parry and gains 15% HP regeneration even while in combat. He can now deflect ranged attacks back at enemies for the damage he would have taken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The intention behind this reworking of Kutsao is the try and bring out the feeling of playing as a martial artist in a KR game, especially one that knows multiple styles, because I thought one attack per skill just didn't cut it. The other idea behind his new effects is incorporating real life hunting/fighting aspects from the animals each Kung Fu style is based off.
On the flip side, I really liked the idea of a hero that requires some micromanaging to make the most out of, and here I tried to make those "rewards" worth the effort to micromanage.
User