Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

What will the tower’s second ability be?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Fits into its shell and absorbs attacks, healing based on the damage received.
No votes
Transforms claws into jackhammers that deal rapid area damage for a time.
No votes
When slain, explodes for massive area damage (Passive).
No votes
Every attack received has a chance to strike a bio-engineered nerve, causing it to temporarily be buffed (We can vote on the specifics later if this wins).
No votes
Summons boiling water from below the earth, damaging and melting the resistances of enemies. Bloodshells cannot stand there or they’ll boil, too!
60%
Magnetizes enemies, absorbing and thus lowering some of their stats and adding them to itself for a time.
30%
Shells instantly turns metallic when struck by area damage, reflecting it twofold to nearby enemies.
No votes
Emits a pulse that damages and stuns enemies.
No votes
Extends its claw down the path, dealing damage to enemies in a line.
10%
Releases a biological disease that keeps enemies temporarily poisoned. If slain, they exist as miniature bioshells on the path for the remainder of the duration.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Disclaimer: I am not an Ironhide employee and cannot cause this tower to make it into the game. However, I want to host this event for fun. So, let’s see how this goes and whether or not such a thing could hapoen again in the future. :)

ATTENTION EVIL DOERS! Now that Lord Vez’nan rules Linirea and all who inhabit it, he is in need of new minions to help spread his mighty influence across he rest of the world! Not that our Dark Lord is not powerful to do this all on his own, but offering help to speed up the process of world domination leaves more time for eating pizza afterwards. So, this notice is for all applicants seeking to serve Lord Vez’nan as one of his many towers!

Instructions

We will vote on one choice of a list of options put up regarding the traits of this new tower. Every 1-2 days, the poll will end and be replaced by a new one. A tie will result in a 1-day poll in which the top choices are the only options.

Everything that has been decided upon will be posted below for reference.

1. The tower will be based on: Kingdom Rush Frontiers (9/12 votes)
  2. The enemy faction it will represent is: The Deep Devils (4/13 votes)
  3. The specific enemy it will be based on is: Bloodshell (8/22 votes)
  4. Its tower type will be: Barracks (10/15 votes)
  5. The balance of this tower is: Major weakness with a major strength (9/13 votes)
  6. The tower's major weaknesses will be: Spawning a single unit, having a slow respawn time, and costing a lot of gold (9, 7, and 8 votes respectively)
  7. The tower's major strengths will be: Great Armor, area damage, and Immunity to area damage (14, 10, and 8 votes respectively)
  8. The tower’s unique twist will be: Bioshells! (8/41 votes)
  9. The first ability of this tower is: Nanite Raid (6/13 votes)
  10. Its second ability is: Undetermined
BBB

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 pm

My first vote will go to KRF because I’m gunning for a tower based on the Sunken Citadel enemies. :hero:
BBB

by Shakhtar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 pm

KRO, because for me it has the most unique, stylish and cool towers, often with unusual mechanics.
User

by Ninja » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:16 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:My first vote will go to KRF because I’m gunning for a tower based on the Sunken Citadel enemies. :hero:

They’re really my second favorite enemy group (1st is Dark Army, but that’s kinda’ taken), so I can dig it. ;)

Also: “A Tower Is Built” :lol: That name ...
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 pm

I noticed that with ten votes already, we're seeing some peak forum activity (at compared to the last 2 years or so)! I’m not sure how many more votes we will receive in this time, so I want to ask everyone participating: should I reduce the voting period from 72 hours to something else? I was thinking 48 hours but I’m open to any other suggestions. ;)
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Frontiers.

Also id the forums continue to be this active I may post the contest sooner rathet than later
Yes it's me

by SealDarklight » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm

I vote for the KRF mainly to see the new Saurian towers based off the enemies.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:09 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Frontiers.

Also id the forums continue to be this active I may post the contest sooner rathet than later

I could host an intermediate contest if you want. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Reduce the voting time to 48 hrs if the activity continues. (I’m pessimistic, though. :P )
User

by Rush the kingdom » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:39 pm

I feel like something based off of the tribal dudes from frontiers would be kind of cool, so frontiers it is.
For the kingdom!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:37 pm

It seems that KRF has won by a landslide: 9 out of 12 votes! :hero:

The next poll will last for 2 days and decide which enemy faction the tower will be based on. Let me know if there is anything wrong with the poll or what reasons you may have to vote for an option over another - you just may persuade someone reading your post to change their vote. ;)

My vote is going to the Deep Devils. I don’t know which specific enemy I’d like to see in the game, but as long as it is one of them I’m fine!
BBB

by RedWing555 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 am

It would be awesome to see either a Saurian Blazefang or a Myrmidon as a tower.
User

by Ninja » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:40 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:My vote is going to the Deep Devils. I don’t know which specific enemy I’d like to see in the game, but as long as it is one of them I’m fine!

I’m also going with them, because I don’t want this to steal the thunder from my upcoming FanFic ideas. 8-)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Saurians, Shadowmoon, and Deep Devils are all tied! :o
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:My vote is going to the Deep Devils. I don’t know which specific enemy I’d like to see in the game, but as long as it is one of them I’m fine!

I’m also going with them, because I don’t want this to steal the thunder from my upcoming FanFic ideas. 8-)

This reason, but Shadowmoon as my choice. Honestly Vengenace has stolen half of my ideas I was saving for Chronicles.
Yes it's me

by Rush the kingdom » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:01 pm

I feel like the savages could be an interesting tower that benefits from killing enemies, whether it be getting buffs by consuming enemies or maybe even sacrificing them to a volcano for a powerful attack. So the savages have my vote.
For the kingdom!
User

by Harkmen » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:41 pm

A pity I can only vote for one, as I think both Deep Devils and Saurians have equal amounts of amazing potential. My vote goes to the Saurians just to even the current votes. :P
User

by Ninja » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:28 pm

Harkmen wrote:A pity I can only vote for one, as I think both Deep Devils and Saurians have equal amounts of amazing potential. My vote goes to the Saurians just to even the current votes. :P

Tiebreaks it is, then! :twisted:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Well, well, well... it looks like we have a 3-3 tie between the Saurians and Deep Devils.

Or do we? :twisted:

The Deep Devils win! :yey:

The following poll is between which specific enemy class will be chosen for the tower. This poll will last for 48 hours as well.
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:38 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Well, well, well... it looks like we have a 3-3 tie between the Saurians and Deep Devils.

Or do we? :twisted:

The Deep Devils win! :yey:

The following poll is between which specific enemy class will be chosen for the tower. This poll will last for 48 hours as well.

What username are they try8mg to sign up with? Might be able to fix it in the Mod/Admin CP.
Yes it's me

Next