Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

What will the tower’s second ability be?

Poll runs till Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Fits into its shell and absorbs attacks, healing based on the damage received.
0
No votes
Transforms claws into jackhammers that deal rapid area damage for a time.
0
No votes
When slain, explodes for massive area damage (Passive).
0
No votes
Every attack received has a chance to strike a bio-engineered nerve, causing it to temporarily be buffed (We can vote on the specifics later if this wins).
0
No votes
Summons boiling water from below the earth, damaging and melting the resistances of enemies. Bloodshells cannot stand there or they’ll boil, too!
6
60%
Magnetizes enemies, absorbing and thus lowering some of their stats and adding them to itself for a time.
3
30%
Shells instantly turns metallic when struck by area damage, reflecting it twofold to nearby enemies.
0
No votes
Emits a pulse that damages and stuns enemies.
0
No votes
Extends its claw down the path, dealing damage to enemies in a line.
1
10%
Releases a biological disease that keeps enemies temporarily poisoned. If slain, they exist as miniature bioshells on the path for the remainder of the duration.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 10

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 pm

kiddykow wrote:The enemy so i see no reason why the tower should have a low damage


I see your point. Towers in Vengeance look better when they reflect the attributes of the enemy they are based on. However, I think it’s too easy to imagine a tower having to be the exact same unit as the enemy in the other games. Spectres Mausoleums are awesome, but they wouldn’t have been as awesome if they were the exact same thing as the Ghost enemies in Shadowmoon. I think that with a barracks that spawns a Bloodshell, we’re going to get a fairly close replica of the enemy already. :)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 pm

kiddykow wrote:
The enemy so i see no reason why the tower should have a low damage


Because having AMAZING attack and AMAZING defence would unbalance the tower, even if it did have a long respawn, the chances of it being killed are next to nothing if it's barely taking any physical damage and killing everything that could harm it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Ninja » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:02 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
kiddykow wrote:
The enemy so i see no reason why the tower should have a low damage


Because having AMAZING attack and AMAZING defence would unbalance the tower, even if it did have a long respawn, the chances of it being killed are next to nothing if it's barely taking any physical damage and killing everything that could harm it.


That’s all well and good, but remember it’s a single unit, so it could still be balanced IMO. Maybe not amazing attack, but good attack is fine by me. And by the looks of it, it will cost a lot, so you have to get something really nice for your gold.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 pm

The next poll is up! The previous options of single unit, slow respawn time, and high cost have won!

Now that the weaknesses have been decided upon, it's time to choose the strengths! This poll will last for 2 days as well, and follows the same rule: If a choice surpasses 6 votes, it will make it in. You can choose up to 4 options this time. :)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Great armor, area immunity and area attack. Id have given it ranged immunity but there aren’t enough magic attackers to challenge it if its immune to all other attacks.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by SealDarklight » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Great armor usually. Whats with other abilities? Bloodshells are known for great armor, bomb immunity, high damage and blocks more people
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: In the Deep Dark Woods

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:02 pm

I just remembered that “Great” isn’t an option for armor in Vengeance, as there are only 3 bars, and Great would be the 4th bar. Eh, whatever. We all know it’s going to be 95% either way, :twisted:

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Great armor, area immunity and area attack. Id have given it ranged immunity but there aren’t enough magic attackers to challenge it if its immune to all other attacks.


For now. I imagine in a future update we’ll wish we had a tower with immunity to all ranged attacks. Look out for Nivus, or Archmages. :skull:

SealDarklight wrote:Great armor usually. Whats with other abilities? Bloodshells are known for great armor, bomb immunity, high damage and blocks more people


The other abilities are there so people have more options. Bloodshells in my nead canon are somewhat linked with Karkinos, for sharing that crab design, so I imagine that this can be a new or evolved type of Bloodshell with different capabilities. :geek:
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Harkmen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 pm

From the direction we're taking this, it looks like the Bloodshell barracks is shaping up to be a pseudo-hero of sorts. I think high stats across the board compensates for the cons we've given it.

Also, is high damage already implied from the absence of "weak attacks" as a con? Or is it assumed average attack at this point?
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:18 am

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Ninja » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:28 am

I chose great armor, immunity to AoE, ranged immunity, and stacking invulnerability chance based on damage. I just want them to be utterly indomitable. :twisted:

As for you people choosing the ability to block multiple enemies, can you not? Single unit is one of its weaknesses, and multi-blocking defeats that purpose. Even if you don’t like that weakness, there’s no reason to go against it now that it’s in. :lol:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:05 pm

From what I've seen, the armor system is 1-30 (1-bar), 31-60 (2-bar), 61+ (3-bar). So just because it doesn't say Great doesn't mean there can't be something with Great armor.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by kiddykow » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 pm

think shieldbearers
User
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Flamechar33 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Ninja wrote:As for you people choosing the ability to block multiple enemies, can you not? Single unit is one of its weaknesses, and multi-blocking defeats that purpose. Even if you don’t like that weakness, there’s no reason to go against it now that it’s in. :lol:


My general process on them multi-blocking is that multiple units attacking the same one to lower it's health quicker so there is more chance of us actually witnessing the long respawn time.
I do however think that it is an unconventional strength, so I do see why it might not deserve to go in. I would say that if it does, it would have to be two people at once and not three.
I'm just fine.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm
Location: Contemplating lack of reference making.

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Ninja » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:32 pm

Flamechar33 wrote:My general process on them multi-blocking is that multiple units attacking the same one to lower it's health quicker so there is more chance of us actually witnessing the long respawn time.
I do however think that it is an unconventional strength, so I do see why it might not deserve to go in. I would say that if it does, it would have to be two people at once and not three.


Just remember these are meant to be strengths; we’re not trying to kill it. :lol:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Great armor, area attack, and an immunity to area damage were the top 3 choices, so I added them in. This is one tough crab!

However, I recognize that Bloodshells don’t have an animation for an area attack. Then it struck me that we don’t have to stick to the exact same Bloodshell we see in Frontiers.

So, this current poll will allow voters the option to put a twist on our current Bloodshell units. Personally, I voted for Bioshells because I want to see Karkinos’ concept get some justice through this tower. Also, Vengeance needs more mechanical stuff. ;)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Rush the kingdom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Great armor, area attack, and an immunity to area damage were the top 3 choices, so I added them in. This is one tough crab!

However, I recognize that Bloodshells don’t have an animation for an area attack. Then it struck me that we don’t have to stick to the exact same Bloodshell we see in Frontiers.

So, this current poll will allow voters the option to put a twist on our current Bloodshell units. Personally, I voted for Bioshells because I want to see Karkinos’ concept get some justice through this tower. Also, Vengeance needs more mechanical stuff. ;)


I voted for the bioshells too, because as you said, cyborgs are awesome.
For the kingdom!
User
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 pm
Location: In the barracks respawning 99% of the time

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Ninja » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:24 am

I chose Bloody Shells; that just sounds really cool to look at, especially if the spines are dripping with the blood of their enemies. Also, this could give us a better excuse than just the name to do something with bleeding abilities. :veznan:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by kiddykow » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 pm

i want bloody shells because i excepted a deep devil sea monster type of tower not a cyborg one
Blood red, like the monster of the sea, BLOODSHELLS!
User
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Flamechar33 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't think I made a choice, but I would choose out of the two types the bloody shells. Shell Raisers did sound cool though.
I'm just fine.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm
Location: Contemplating lack of reference making.

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:45 pm

The Bioshells win by a single point more than the Bloody Shells! An even narrower victory than the Bluegale vs. Bloodshell poll! ;)

Now we can really have some fun... the following polls are going to decide on ABILITIES, the COOLEST part of any tower! :yey:

My personal vote goes to the nanites. I think it’s an awesome way to combine the mechanical theme we’ve just added with the area damage we voted on earlier, while also giving it synergy with other towers (something barracks really benefit from since they’re support towers).

If you notice, some of these options are ways of including the features voted on earlier. If they do not win now, then the tower will still have area damage, immunity to AOE attacks, and immense armor, but it will simply be executed in a different way.

The choices that so not win but receive many votes will appear on the polls for the next 2 abilities. :hero:
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm

I voted for Bioshell because I like the idea of them looking a bit more like Karkinos but not going down the whole cybernetic route. So I’m voting for the explosive when they die.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests
cron