MEGA CONTEST: Four Elements Tower Design

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

MEGA CONTEST: Four Elements Tower Design

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed May 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Finally I am getting the recognition I deserve! I've conquered Linirea, put the Northern Tribes in their place, pummelled the Dwarves and squished those stupid Anurians. Now I have evil doers flocking to me, I'm having to fight them off with a stick! There are so many creatures coming to me with their ideas for battles I don't know what to do with myself. Hahahahahahah... I LOVE IT!

General, I'm relying on you to sort all these do-badders out. Get them lined up and ready for inspection.

The great Vez'nan is having his daily bath in Dragon's Milk and doesn't want to be disturbed. It's up to you to find out who has arrived at the castle and what they have in mind for a battle station, or what we in the business of conquest call a 'Tower'.

Contest Requirements
  • Create four KR: Vengeance style towers. Depending on the number of entries, they may be judged individually.
  • The four towers must be based on the four Classical Elements. More on these below!
  • Your towers do not have to conform to a particular type (Archer/Mage/Artillery/Melee) and can be any combination of the four or have unique or special features not seen before.
  • In addition to the Tower, you must also add an Achievement to each, to coincide with one of the skills.

The theme for the contest is the Four Elements. Each tower must be based on one of the four elements. Each core element has been given three additional themes that can be used within the creation of the tower, provided at least some hint of the original core element is featured.

• Earth (Metal, Plant, Darkness)
  • Fire (Lava, Energy, the Sun)
  • Air (Electricity, Weather, Light)
  • Water (Ice, Blood, the Moon)

Each element must be used, so you have a Fire tower, a Water tower, etc. You cannot have two Fire towers, or a Fire tower and a Lava tower, etc.

Your (Fire used here for the example) Fire tower can be any combination of Fire, Lava, Energy and the Sun, all of them in one, or just one single theme.

You cannot mix themes, such as a Lava/Electricity or Plant/Moon. The themes must remain in their core elements.

Each tower entry must have the following:

[+] SPOILER
Tower Name
Element Element used
Icon What the selection icon looks like

Appearance
I First stage appearance
II Second stage appearance
III Third stage appearance
IV Final stage appearance

Description
I-III Pre-stage description
IV Final stage description

Cost Build Cost (x4)

Damage Tower/Unit Damage (x4)
Fire Rate Tower Attack Speed (x4)
Attack Rate Unit Attack Speed (x4)
Range Tower Attack Range (x4)
HP Unit HP (x4)
Armour Unit Armour (x4)
Re-Spawn Unit Re-spawn (x4)

Build Quote
I ""
II ""
III ""
IV ""

Skills
Sk1 Name (Cost) Description
"Skill Quote"
Sk2 Name (Cost) Description
"Skill Quote"
Sk3 Name (Cost) Description
"Skill Quote"

Names (If the tower has units)
Unit names (5-10)

Achievement
Achievement Name Achievement Criteria

Submission Details

As this contest is being jointly run between the Forums and Discord; with myself acting as the forum liaison and AerisDraco as the Discord liaison; this contest will be submitted through Google Docs.

To submit an entry, you must send an editable link to the document to myself or AerisDraco.

Creating a Doc
  • Go to https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/
  • Presuming you have a google account or an account linked to Google, you should be given a menu to create a new document.
  • Type up your ideas as you would normally.

Linking a Doc
  • Click the blue share button to the upper right.
  • Click the "get shareable link" button to the upper right of the menu that pops up.
  • Set the link type to "anyone with access can edit".
  • Copy the link, and send it in PM.

Pre-emptive FAQ

Q: Can I make a tower based on Elves/Dwarves/Humans/etc?
A: Yes, the contest is not limited to 'enemy' towers as per Vengeance and suggested in the introduction, but simply any tower in the Vengeance style.

Q: Can I make more than four towers?
A: Nope.

Q: Can I make more than one Achievement per tower?
A: Nope.

Q: Can I add more fields?
A: If they are necessary for the design of the tower yes.

Q: Can I add a 'how to use the tower' or 'strategy'?
A: No. You're designing the tower in the way it could be viewed in a selection room, not how it should be balanced with other towers. That's too meta, as you have too many factors to take into account (such as enemy interaction). Plus not everyone enjoys doing that, and they shouldn't be put off entering a contest because they need to create on point analysis.

Q: Was that long answer really necessary?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I need to use all the fields?
A: No, delete as required. If your tower doesn't have units, then get rid of all the bits that correspond to just them.

Q: Can I do something you haven't thought of here?
A: No. Ask first lest you do it and you have to remove it later.

Q: I would prefer to submit via the regular forum system rather then a Google Doc. What should I do?
A: Submitting as a regular forum PM is allowed. The contest runners will attempt to preserve as much of the formatting as possible when transferring to a doc, however it is not guaranteed to be exactly the same.

• You have until Sunday, June 2nd to submit your full entry (a little over 4 weeks).
  • You must submit your entry as a link to a Google Doc. If submitted in standard forum formatting, preservation of style is not guaranteed.
  • If you do not wish to submit via Google Doc, then you can send your entry to me or AerisDraco here on the forum.
  • Edits and updates on your entries will be accepted up until the closing date. You may edit your Google Doc entry as much as you need, if entering through PM, please re-send the entire entry.
  • Any questions, ask here and we will do our best to answer.
  • Contests are open to all Forum members and Discord members!

Re: MEGA CONTEST: Four Elements Tower Design

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu May 02, 2019 4:47 pm

If you are submitting through the forum, the below box contains all the forum code to add the bold headings automatically. Just copy and fill in the required sections.

[+] SPOILER
Code: Select all
[size=150]Tower Name[/size]
[b]Element[/b] Element used
[b]Icon[/b] What the selection icon looks like

[u][b]Appearance[/b][/u]
[b]I[/b] First stage appearance
[b]II[/b] Second stage appearance
[b]III[/b] Third stage appearance
[b]IV[/b] Final stage appearance

[u][b]Description[/b][/u]
[b]I-III[/b] Pre-stage description
[b]IV[/b] Final stage description

[b]Cost[/b] Build Cost (x4)

[b]Damage[/b] Tower/Unit Damage (x4)
[b]Fire Rate[/b] Tower Attack Speed  (x4)
[b]Attack Rate[/b] Unit Attack Speed (x4)
[b]Range[/b] Tower Attack Range (x4)
[b]HP[/b] Unit HP (x4)
[b]Armour[/b] Unit Armour (x4)
[b]Re-Spawn[/b] Unit Re-spawn (x4)

[u][b]Build Quote[/b][/u]
[b]I[/b] ""
[b]II[/b] ""
[b]III[/b] ""
[b]IV[/b] ""

[u][b]Skills[/b][/u]
[b]Sk1 Name[/b] (Cost) Description
[i]"Skill Quote"[/i]
[b]Sk2 Name[/b] (Cost) Description
[i]"Skill Quote"[/i]
[b]Sk3 Name[/b] (Cost) Description
[i]"Skill Quote"[/i]

[u][b]Names[/b][/u] (If the tower has units)
Unit names (5-10)

[u][b]Achievement[/b][/u]
[b]Achievement Name[/b] Achievement Criteria
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Crawls out of pit of Eternal Inactivity
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu May 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Crawls out of pit of Eternal Inactivity

Yes it's me

by NastyBird339 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 pm

HE HAS RISEN
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Is it a tower for each element or can there be multiple towers representing the same element?
User

by AerisDraco » Sat May 04, 2019 1:09 am

The rules explicitly state one for each element.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Sirsquier » Sat May 04, 2019 2:11 pm

May I have a plat/metal tower. I mean there are both earth.
User

by AerisDraco » Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 pm

If the plant/metal tower is a single tower and not multiple towers, yes. If you have a plant tower and a metal tower, then no.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by EpicPhantom999 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:38 pm

I meant whether you have to do a tower for Earth, a tower for Water, a tower for Fire, and a tower for Air, or whether you could do a two towers for the same element, and have no towers for another element.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat May 04, 2019 7:04 pm

EpicPhantom999 wrote:I meant whether you have to do a tower for Earth, a tower for Water, a tower for Fire, and a tower for Air, or whether you could do a two towers for the same element, and have no towers for another element.

As Aeris said, this is clearly stated in the rules:

Each element must be used, so you have a Fire tower, a Water tower, etc. You cannot have two Fire towers, or a Fire tower and a Lava tower, etc.

Each element must be used.
Four elements, four towers.
Earth
Fire
Air
Water

It really cant be more simple than that.
Yes it's me

by Sirsquier » Sun May 05, 2019 2:43 pm

How does blood have to do with water. Some of the sub categories don't make much sense. Also how is there no wind in the Air one? I finished my own towers but I just wanted to know.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Some of the elemental connections, I admit, don't make sense. I can try to justify them.
Earth: Metal (Avatar: The Last Airbender); Plant (Plants grow from the earth); Darkness (Kinda bs but air has light)
Fire: Energy (Fire is just energy); Lava (Self-explanatory); the Sun (self-explanatory)
Air: Lightning (Treads a bit into fire, but it is a weather condition); Weather (self-explanatory); Light (have similar aesthetics I guess)
Water: Blood (Avatar: The Last Airbender); Ice (form of water + Avatar); the Moon (tides + Avatar)

Wind I presume is included under weather or just plain air.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun May 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Light and Darkness were added to go along with Sun and Moon. Just an extra theme to work with. The original Four Elements only had the main element and one theme (Fire/Lava, Water/Ice, Air/Electricity, Earth/Plant). More themes were added to give more scope for design.

Metal comes from the earth, plants grow in the earth, it's dark underground
Fire is a form of energy, lava is hot, the sun is hot
Lighting comes form the sky (where there is a lot of air), there is weather in the sky, look up at the sky there's a bit ball of light
Blood is wet, ice is water, the moon controls the tides

I didn't think I needed to state wind is part of air, like I didn't need to state that stone is part of earth.
Yes it's me

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:21 am

If we could just do any element any amount of times, there would be a lot of Earths. (Darkness, relates with Vez'nan)
Also, can we do a backstory? I know you said you could add more necessary fields, but it really isn't necessary.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon May 06, 2019 5:40 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:If we could just do any element any amount of times, there would be a lot of Earths. (Darkness, relates with Vez'nan)
Also, can we do a backstory? I know you said you could add more necessary fields, but it really isn't necessary.

Have you read any of the first post? They're just towers. They do not have to be evil towers.

And if you want to yes, but don’t make it lots the focus is the tower not the lore.
Yes it's me

by Sirsquier » Tue May 07, 2019 10:40 pm

This contest is long. Why four weeks?
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:17 am

Are you saying that's too long or too short? I personally feel this contest is too short. Maybe extend it to June 8th.
User

by Sirsquier » Wed May 08, 2019 2:20 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:Are you saying that's too long or too short? I personally feel this contest is too short. Maybe extend it to June 8th.

It's way to long. I am already done. It's actually kinda easy to do. I mean write you just copy the basic format and plug in your stats and your done. :hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 am

Sirsquier wrote:
EpicPhantom999 wrote:Are you saying that's too long or too short? I personally feel this contest is too short. Maybe extend it to June 8th.

It's way to long. I am already done. It's actually kinda easy to do. I mean write you just copy the basic format and plug in your stats and your done. :hero:

Because not everybody can do things that quickly. I work, other people have jobs or school, or both. It’s four weeks because we're asking for four towers that also fit in a theme.

You may think it was too easy, but if your towers are poor that it will reflect in the final votes. Have you submit your entry to AerisDraco or myself yet?
Yes it's me

Next