Hero Based Off Ninja

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Hero Based Off Ninja

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Ninja-San, the Grammar Master
$7.22, starts at level 1, levels up half as slow as Catha
Lore: A mild mannered gamer was suddenly inspired by the great Richard Trivenix Trench to become a grammar master. He spent hours studying grammar daily, until finally…
Appearance: Dressed in black with a red blindfold. Each hand holds a shuriken.
Primary attack: Flings his shuriken at a target. The shuriken bounces off the target to up to 3 additional targets. The last target gets the shuriken stuck in it. The shuriken does 70-100 true damage, but the last target suffers bleed damage, for 20 damage per second over 5 seconds. Attack speed is 0.2 seconds in between shurikens, but 1 second to pull a shuriken out of his cloak. Range is 353.
Melee attack: Ninja pulls out a multi-page essay written on a parchment about all the mistakes they’ve ever made in their life and wraps it around their head. They blindly walk backwards for 3 seconds before it falls off.
Other Stats: No armor and 50% magic resistance at maxed level, with 180 HP. Respawn time is 22 seconds. Each time he gets hit he will hit 10 back in quick succession. You can probably guess why lol.
Watch out! (intrinsic)
All enemies in the map watch their step (and their grammar) and get slowed by 10%.
Scholarly Movements (intrinsic 2)
Ninja reads a book and gets immersed in it (literally). The book closes, moves to the desired location (flies over obstacles) and Ninja appears out of it. This procs in about the same range as Jack O'Lantern’s teleport.
Fate of Aeris “Infinity is a theory, not a number.” (passive)
Silences instakills and magical abilities for all enemies within 300/400/500 of Ninja. 2/2/3 hero points
Shuriken Dance “Except Ninjas don’t need metal, they are and always will be pure awesome.” Cooldown: 18 seconds.
Special maneuver, where Ninja dashes up to 3 enemies and backstabs them, dealing 200/300/400 physical damage to each, and jumps back to his original position, raining down in his path up to 20 armor-piercing shurikens, each dealing 50 true damage. 3/2/2 hero points
Good Ol’ Times “It’s some cringey stuff lol.” Cooldown: 10 seconds
Ninja pulls out a piece of parchment containing his old threads. Up to 5/7/10 enemies in an area of 150 stop in laughter for 2/3/4 seconds, consequently losing their voice (which nullifies the magical abilities for 3/5/7 seconds). 2/2/2 hero points
Ninja’s Students “K, then you’re the wannabe?” Cooldown: 30 seconds
Ninja pulls out a computer and types something on Ironhide Community Forums. 3/4/5 of his students jump out of nowhere. Each has 100 health and has a ranged attack dealing 15-30 damage, and a melee attack dealing 10-20 damage (all physical). 3/2/2 hero points
Hero Spell: INITIATE ARGUMENT Cooldown: 60 seconds
All enemies on the map engage in arguments, which evolve into fights. They each deal 50 damage to each other and stop in place for 5/10/15 seconds to argue. Ninja takes a nap while the enemies are arguing. He wakes up 2 seconds before the effect ends, yawns for 2 seconds, and starts fighting. He gets a 5/10/15% damage boost for 10 seconds after his nap and all his abilities are recharged. 4/4/4 hero points
Quotes:
“Moving at 4885 miles per hour!”
“Ninja… Go!”
“Hey, here’s your welcome to the forums!”
“So, Razor, when’s the real contest gonna start?”
“You’re my least favorite enemy aesthetically...” (When damaged at full health)
“I guess I’ll just put this Ninja out of his misery...” (death)
Trivia: This hero is largely based off of Ninja on Ironhide Community Forums.
-The real Ninja is obsessed with literature and grammatical correctness, hence his second intrinsic and many of his abilities.
-The cost, $7.22, represents the day Ninja joined the forums, 7/22.
-Most abilities’ quotes have been said by Ninja. “Infinity is a theory, not a number” was said by Ninja during an elimination game, when he rekt Aeris. “Ninjas don’t need metal, they are and always will be pure awesome” was said by Ninja in the same thread. “It’s some cringey stuff lol” was Ninja’s reaction when looking back at his old fanfic thread.
-“K, then you’re the wannabe?” was said by someone on discord when Ninja was mentioned.
-Ninja’s old signature on the Forums included a quote by Richard Trivenix Trench, hence that part of the Lore.
-His range, 353, is the number of posts he made in the thread “KR Arena”.
-“Moving at 4885 miles per hour” originated from the number of posts total he has made on the forums, 4885.
-“Ninja… Go!” Comes from a random Netflix show “Ninjago”.
-“Hey, welcome to the forums” is how Ninja greets new members to the forums.
-“You’re my least favorite enemy aesthetically” is Ninja’s reasoning for downvoting things in many elimination games.
-“Hey Razor, when’s the real contest gonna start?” Razor Leaf is the moderator of the fanfiction part of the forums and often posts contests.
-“I guess I’ll put this Ninja out of his misery...” Ninja on the forums said “I guess I’ll put this lizard out of his misery” when eliminating Beresad in “KRV: Heroes Elimination Game”.
-The respawn time is 22 seconds. The last time Ninja visited the forums when this hero was made is November 22, and the day Ninja joined the Forums was July 22.

Razor and Ninja will probably be the only users who see this, but whatever. If Aeris reads this, he's gonna cringe hard at "Fate of Aeris".
Last edited by EpicPhantom999 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User

Re: Hero Based Off Ninja

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:52 pm

The balancing sucks, I know. The intristic is so OP, but it fits the theme IMO.
User

by Ninja » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 pm

:P
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Ninja wrote::P

You've ruined the 4884 quote now!
Yes it's me

by EpicPhantom999 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:12 am

Alright, fixed.

It probably wasn't a good idea to make one of the quotes have something that could be changed anyway :oops:
I just assumed he would never post again because he hasn't posted for several months already. Of course he can't resist posting on a thread like this though :D

BTW, balanced the first intrinsic a bit. It's still OP, but still. I wasn't going to balance this hero at first, since I thought it would just be a cool reference to Ninja, but decided that if Ninja was as OP as he is on the forums, the game (whichever game he's in) would be too easy.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 pm

EpicPhantom999 wrote:Alright, fixed.

It probably wasn't a good idea to make one of the quotes have something that could be changed anyway :oops:
I just assumed he would never post again because he hasn't posted for several months already. Of course he can't resist posting on a thread like this though :D

You could put typos and grammar errors in it; he wouldn't be able to resits them.

BTW, balanced the first intrinsic a bit. It's still OP, but still. I wasn't going to balance this hero at first, since I thought it would just be a cool reference to Ninja, but decided that if Ninja was as OP as he is on the forums, the game (whichever game he's in) would be too easy.

You could always make some things over powered and other things way underpowered to "balance" it. Like super powerful abilities but he has barely any movement speed and only 10HP, or he costs $500
Yes it's me

by EpicPhantom999 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:55 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
EpicPhantom999 wrote:Alright, fixed.

You could put typos and grammar errors in it; he wouldn't be able to resits them.

:lol:

Also, I originally had him at about 400 HP, until I added the "every time he gets hit he hits 10 times back".

Now he starts at Level 1, and levels up really slow. Slower than Catha. Doesn't really fit, since the cringe-fest of his old posts got remedied in less than a month, but gotta make it balanced. I don't want to nerf Good Ol' Times because it's so good.
User