Fighting Game Idea ...

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Fighting Game Idea ...

by SJBlood » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a "battle" or "vs" game where you could be a hero and fight against other heroes (or enemies)?
It would be played with the keyboard and 2 players may fight each other:
Player 1: W/A/S/D - movement
F - standard attack
G, H - abilities
Player 2: arrow keys - movement
Num 1 - standard attack
Num 2, 3 - abilities
Or something like this ... What do you think? :D
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

Re: Fighting Game Idea ...

by Finwer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 pm

SJBlood wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome to have a "battle" or "vs" game where you could be a hero and fight against other heroes (or enemies)?
It would be played with the keyboard and 2 players may fight each other:
Player 1: W/A/S/D - movement
F - standard attack
G, H - abilities
Player 2: arrow keys - movement
Num 1 - standard attack
Num 2, 3 - abilities
Or something like this ... What do you think? :D

it is a very good idea! :P
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by kilele » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah a two player mode would make this game playable forever, it is an old suggestion of mine.
The endless mode could be another part of the game to give it more arcade action, a finishing touch to make the game even more original since most of tower defense games are quite passive as for the player taking full part in the game. This would appeal to people who don't like games where you just place a tower and wait/hope all the enemies are felled by its pre-charged blasts, you would have to get to do the shooting, directly - making this feel much more like an arcade title.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by SJBlood » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm

kilele wrote:Yeah a two player mode would make this game playable forever, it is an old suggestion of mine.
The endless mode could be another part of the game to give it more arcade action, a finishing touch to make the game even more original since most of tower defense games are quite passive as for the player taking full part in the game. This would appeal to people who don't like games where you just place a tower and wait/hope all the enemies are felled by its pre-charged blasts, you would have to get to do the shooting, directly - making this feel much more like an arcade title.

Sorry, I didn't know you suggested it, hope you're not mad at me :) , and I never actually thought of combining this idea w/ the actual game, though it'd be really awesome :D
User

by Julian » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:04 pm

It could be a quite fun small game, but I would not incorporate it into a bigger game like
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. Also, I would not use 'num' keys, as not all laptops have those ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by SJBlood » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Julian wrote:It could be a quite fun small game, but I would not incorporate it into a bigger game like
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. Also, I would not use 'num' keys, as not all laptops have those ^^

Well, you're right ... not even my laptop has those :lol:
User

by spark123 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I like the idea. But would both players have to have the same hero? Because of OP. for example ingvar vs Malik. It just wouldn't be fair
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:09 am

spark123 wrote:I like the idea. But would both players have to have the same hero? Because of OP. for example ingvar vs Malik. It just wouldn't be fair

Well, if a game like this is made, it would obviously be rebalanced.

And fighting games aren't generally known to balanced anyway. :P
ded

by SJBlood » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

spark123 wrote:I like the idea. But would both players have to have the same hero? Because of OP. for example ingvar vs Malik. It just wouldn't be fair

Maybe you'd have to unlock them ... like, start with Alleria, Gerald and Malik only, and as you go unlock the others one by one ... and Denas would be unlocked only after the campaign is completed :D
User

by spark123 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I would think that to get the legend heroes( denas, elora, ingvar) you would have to complete all levels on hard, but not iron and heroic. 30% complete gives you one of them, 60% complete gives two etc
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by Chimto » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 am

SJBlood wrote:

Maybe you'd have to unlock them ... like, start with Alleria, Gerald and Malik only, and as you go unlock the others one by one ... and Denas would be unlocked only after the campaign is completed :D

And why should they be overpowered because they have to be unlocked? If unlockable heroes are stronger than ones who are available from start then it would confer an unreasonable advantage on those who had managed to acquire them, making it very difficult for newbies to ever beat veterans even if they play well. Making heroes who have to be unlocked overpowered is unfair to players who don't have access to them. If anything, it's MORE important for them to be balanced.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by NomadHero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 am

Bosses?.... Anyone? No? I will show my self out. :P
Wass up?
User