New Towers, new Abilities and so on.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

New Towers, new Abilities and so on.

by MeTimeIsFreeTime » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Well since the new suggestions section is up ill post my ideas a single thread for better discussion or improvment. some of them are already mentioned, some of them are new (i guess) and i want to apolozige for my bad english writing skills, i am from germany so please dont be so hard on me^^

my idea is to make 1 new tower upgrade path for each standard tower and 1 new ability for each tower that only has 2 abilities.

so here we go:

Rangers Hideout
New Ability:
Deadly Poison: Poisened enemys have a chance of dying from poison instantly
lvl 1: 1% to kill
lvl 2: 2% to kill
lvl 3: 3% to kill
idea is to make poison arrows more useful, and the % have to be quite low to not make it overpowered and since every poison shot hits 3 times, there is still a quite good chance to kill off annoying enemies.

or

Arrow Rain: Rains down arrow on enemies with an area of effect damage.
lvl 1: 10 sec cooldown, 100 - 250 dmg
lvl 2: 10 sec cooldown, 150 - 300 dmg
lvl 3: 10 sec cooldown, 200 - 350 dmg
this one is to give the rangers a little bit more firepower.

Musketeer
New Ability:
Mine Placement: places mines over time near the tower which explode once enemies step on it.
lvl 1: 20 sec cooldown, 350 - 450 dmg
lvl 2: 18 sec cooldown, 350 - 450 dmg
lvl 3: 16 sec cooldown, 350 - 450 dmg
makes the musketeer tower more versatile and makes it more strategic
or

Gatling Gun: Shots extremly fast for a short period of time and hits multiple enemies and stops them from moving for the time being shot.
lvl 1: 20 sec cooldown, 15 - 20 dmg
lvl 2: 20 sec cooldown, 20 - 25 dmg
lvl 3: 20 sec cooldown, 25 - 30 dmg
this thing is pure dmg, quite big aoe (like one hit of the big bertha), hits for about 3 seconds but does a huge amount of shots for that time (like 10-20 shots in 3 sec) and it stops enemies from proceeding while being shot.

Barbarien Hall
not a new Ability but make the Hunting Nets airborne enemies to ground based ones for the time of the skill, so that its more useful and versatile.

Holy Order
also not a new ability but healing light should heal other units in range too, not only themselves. this would only heal human allies, so no elementals or other summoned things and the range would be pretty small too so no wide range heals.

Arcane Wizard
New Ability:
Confusion: Confuses enemies being hit by the Arcane Wizard and makes them fight for against foes.
lvl 1: 5% chance to confuse
lvl 2: 10% chance to confuse
lvl 3: 15% chance to confuse
since it has low percentage and the arcane wizard tower shots pretty slow it would help but wouldnt be overpowered.

Sorcerer Mage
New Ability:
Feral sheep: Makes enemies transformed into sheep explode so they are instantly killed and make a big aoe dmg on nearby enemies.
lvl 1: 300 - 500 dmg
a nice addition to the polymorph skill which is pretty underused imo, makes the sheep explode so they wont get to the end, and makes big dmg to nearby enemies so that the skill is worth being skilled with polymorph and since its still 16 sec cooldown per sheep it wouldnt be so strong.

500MM Big Bertha
New Ability:
Nuke: Shots a gigantic Missile on enemies with huge aoe and makes enourmous dmg (aoe is about 3-5 times as big as normal big bertha shot).
lvl 1: 35 sec cooldown, 500 - 700 dmg
lvl 2: 35 sec cooldown, 650 - 850 dmg
lvl 3: 35 sec cooldown, 800 - 1000 dmg
dmg is huge, but cooldown is pretty high too and this should be quite expensive to skill.

Tesla X104
New Ability:
Stunning Bolt: Each shot ot the Tesla x104 has a chance to stun enemies being hit for a short period of time.
lvl 1: 10% chance to stun for 3 seconds.
lvl 2: 20% chance to stun for 3 seconds.
lvl 3: 30% chance to stun for 3 seconds.
would make the Tesla tower much more efficient and powerful so that not only the bertha would be used.

so now to the new towers:

Archer Path:
Ninja Temple
throws Shuriken at Average speed at opponents. dealing 25 - 39 dmg per hit. Long Range.
Ability 1:
Shuriken Throw: Throws Multiple Shuriken to hit more enemies at once.
lvl 1: throws 2 Shuriken
lvl 2: throws 3 Shuriken
lvl 3: throws 4 Shuriken
makes the Ninja temple a multi hitting tower and makes pretty good dmg for its slower attack rate.

Ability 2:
Summon Ninjas: Summons 2 Ninjas to fight for you, they move really fast (as fast or even faster as wulfs), have 180 hp and deal 18 - 30 dmg (attack rate is also pretty high, like sharpshooter tower), 8 seconds respawn time, low physical armor.
lvl 1: 180 hp and 18 - 30 dmg
lvl 2: 200 hp and 20 - 34 dmg
lvl 3: 220 hp and 22 - 38 dmg
good units, are really usefull because of their really high movement speed and high attack rate.

Ability 3:
Assasinate: Gives ninja units a chance of instantly killing enemies being hit by the ninjas.
lvl 1: 1% chance to kill
lvl 2: 3% chance to kill
lvl 3: 5% chance to kill
makes the ninjas even better and makes them real killing machines, but dont have that high percentage of killing of enemies.

Barracks Path:
Spartiate Valley
Summons 3 Spartan Warriors to fight for you (300 hp and 20 - 26 dmg, with upgrades 360 hp and 20 - 26 dmg) and 16 sec respawn time (13 sec with upgrade). No Physical Armor. health Regen.
Ability 1:
Spartian Honour: Makes Spartian warriors block more enemies at once.
lvl 1: block 2 enemies
lvl 2: block 3 enemies
lvl 3: block 4 enemies
sounds pretty overpowered, but since they do low dmg and block so many enemies, they die really fast and the respawn time is also pretty high.

Ability 2:
Rage of Sparta: Attacks all sorrounding enemies for dmg. (pretty small aoe, so only attacks nearby enemies)
lvl 1: 40 - 80 dmg
lvl 2: 70 - 110 dmg
lvl 3: 100 - 140 dmg
aoe is really small (smaller then holy strike) but more damaging and is executed more often then holy strike.

Ability 3:
Spartan Spear: Throws a strong spear at ground or flying enemies.
lvl 1: range 320, dmg 26 - 38, 3 sec cooldown
lvl 2: range 360, dmg 32 - 44, 3 sec cooldown
lvl 3: range 400, dmg 38 - 50, 3 sec cooldown
range is higher then throwing axes, but dmg is lower.

Mage Path:
Necromancer Crypt
Mage tower that attacks enemies and fears them and uses ressurection. slow attack speed, long Range. 74 - 106 dmg.
Ability 1:
Fear: Fears enemies so they walk back for a short period of time. (hits enemies in range like wrath of the forest)
lvl 1: walk 2 seconds back, 8 seconds cooldown
lvl 2: walk 3 seconds back, 8 seconds cooldown
lvl 3: walk 4 seconds back, 8 seconds cooldown
makes enemies walk back, pretty useful and funny too. and length of debuff isint too long either.

Ability 2:
Frost Nova: Unleashes a big frost nova (as big as teslas overcharge) and has a chance of freezing enemies being hit by it, frozen enemies which are hit while being frozen die instantly.
lvl 1: 12 seconds cooldown, 50 - 75 dmg, freeze for 1 seconds, 20% chance to freeze
lvl 2: 12 seconds cooldown, 70 - 95 dmg, freeze for 2 seconds, 30% chance to freeze
lvl 3: 12 seconds cooldown, 90 - 115 dmg, freeze for 3 seconds, 40% chance to freeze
nice way to kill of enemies, but does only freeze normal enemies (enemies which take more then 1 life wont be frozen so it wont be overpowered).

Ability 3:
Resurrection: Resurrects the strongest dead foe in range to fight for you for short period of time. resurrects immidetly after enemy dies or resurrected foe dies.
lvl 1: 30 seconds resurrection time
lvl 2: 40 seconds resurrection time
lvl 3: 50 seconds resurrection time
can resurrect any dead enemies in range, but always picks the strongest one in range. (like if a goblin and a yeti dies, tower picks the yeti)

Dwarven Path:
Ancient Ballista
Dwarven tower which Shoots a gigantic ballista arrow which damages not in aoe range but pierces through enemies in its path. long range, slow attack speed, 52 - 98 dmg. starts with 2 enemies pierced at once, ballista arrow vanishes after passing through max range or hitting max amount of enemies.
Ability 1:
Piercing shot: Pierces through more enemies to maximize the damage output.
lvl 1: 4 enemies pierced
lvl 2: 5 enemies pierced
lvl 3: 6 enemies pierced
makes the ballista more damaging and more aoe like.

Ability 2:
Exploding Projectile: After passing through the last enemie, the projectile explodes making additional aoe dmg. (if the projectile doesnt make the last hit, it explodes at reaching max range)
lvl 1: 60 - 80 damage
lvl 2: 70 - 95 damage
lvl 3: 80 - 110 damage
makes the arrows even stronger and gives them a nice aoe hit in the end.

Ability 3:
Provoking Dummy: Places a Dummy which attracts enemies walking towards it and makes them all attack the dummy. 500 hp, cant move, no armor, no dmg. 10 seconds respwan time.
lvl 1: 550 hp low armor
lvl 2: 600 hp medium armor
lvl 3: 650 hp high armor
dies fast, since all enemies attack one dummy, has high health to bother enemies.

so that are my ideas, hope you liked them and would love to read suggestions on it and your opinions, i dont know if they are practical or absolutly insane, so i just put them together and hope they are interessting and new (i know some are mentioned before in a similar way).

greetz
User

Re: New Towers, new Abilities and so on.

by AidenDawn » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Really good ideas
Hope they put itin the game
User

by kilele » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Provoking Dummy is similar to my suggestion about a hologram weapon
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316&p=3974#p3974

I also suggested ninja-like troops, some kind of ancient egyptian capable of kicking enemies backwards and upgradable to masked gods
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316&p=3406#p3406
but I wouldn't like at all to see actual ninjas from japan because this is a fantasy game not a Chuck Norris film :) but that's just my opinion.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by MeTimeIsFreeTime » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 pm

kilele wrote:Provoking Dummy is similar to my suggestion about a hologram weapon

I also suggested ninja-like troops, some kind of ancient egyptian capable of kicking enemies backwards and upgradable to masked gods
but I wouldn't like at all to see actual ninjas from japan because this is a fantasy game not a Chuck Norris film :) but that's just my opinion.

well nice that you mentioned some of the ideas, but like i said, i new not all of them are new and you dont have to mention that you had a similar idea, which you didnt even carry out to its fullest (just to have an idea by saying "that would be cool" doesnt make it interesting, you have to think about its mechanic and uses and where it belongs too) and sure, ninjas are a well used idea, but some wierd egyptian people wouldnt fit at all in this type of game.

so please dont be offended, but next time you post, think about if you really contribute something or are just saying "hey, i had that idea, too".

greetz.
User

by Julian » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

MeTimeIsFreeTime wrote:
kilele wrote:Provoking Dummy is similar to my suggestion about a hologram weapon

but some wierd egyptian people wouldnt fit at all in this type of game.

Did you even see the Kingdom Rush expansion screenshot?
Its location was a desert? Egyptian people would not fit? ._.
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by MeTimeIsFreeTime » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Julian wrote:
MeTimeIsFreeTime wrote:

but some wierd egyptian people wouldnt fit at all in this type of game.

Did you even see the Kingdom Rush expansion screenshot?
Its location was a desert? Egyptian people would not fit? ._.

nope, i am talking about egyptian gods o.o or shakal looking guys. the units in the pic look more like desert wanderes, maybe as opponents they would work, but not as barack units or so.
User

by kilele » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm

You are right, my suggestions are mere brainstorming. I leave the game mechanics for the developers and as you said they might not be feasible as defenders but they might derive some idea an make it work on a different way. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a pyramid tower commanded by a special mage like this horus and others supported by foot soldiers with hefty jackal masks. I like the martial arts concept both in egyptians and ninjas. Ninjas seem to me less fantastic but on second thoughts they are really cool and still just another type of knight.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by MeTimeIsFreeTime » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

kilele wrote:You are right, my suggestions are mere brainstorming. I leave the game mechanics for the developers and as you said they might not be feasible as defenders but they might derive some idea an make it work on a different way. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a pyramid tower commanded by a special mage like this horus and others supported by foot soldiers with hefty jackal masks. I like the martial arts concept both in egyptians and ninjas. Ninjas seem to me less fantastic but on second thoughts they are really cool and still just another type of knight.

thats true, but ninjas are more like a fast hitting damage dealer, while a knight is a tanker and more of a long term fighter who endures more.
well and yeah the ideas you mentioned are interessting too, but imo not for the baracks path or as a unit maker, maybe more like a sorcerer tower like you mentioned so that the tower summons one strong unit like the rock elemental. but well we wont know what the developers are up to, we are just simple people who want to share their ideas and thoughts.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Ninjas are more like kill instantly and secretly.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Giangreymon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 am

The ASSASIN TOWER is located in the dessert, you can now use the assasin tower if the dessert in the bottom right if the map release :D
http://shadowscythe.minitroopers.com *pls visit and create an army in the link*
Image Image
*Eat without seasoning! if you do nuht follow mah order!* -daz hou evil cookie crumbles- >:D
User

by Giangreymon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:00 am

Artilery
Poison Gas: Poison enemies by Radiation effect

Sorcerer
Sunray Beam: Inflict a large amount of damage
Dmg is like the tower.... In the..... JT stage :lol:

Arcane Tower
Arcane Shield: Shields all soldiers like the demon lord

New Enemies
Pink Unicorn: Dancing in the Rainbows
Puppy Poo: Poo the way they are
Taylor Swift: Bambambambam and so on...
Julian: Dont damage him or your progress will restart
Image Image
*Eat without seasoning! if you do nuht follow mah order!* -daz hou evil cookie crumbles- >:D
User

by Julian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Giangreymon wrote:Pink Unicorn: Dancing in the Rainbows

PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS, DANCING ON RAINBOWS \0/

Giangreymon wrote:Julian: Dont damage him or your progress will restart

Hahaha I like it!
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Epicazeroth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 pm

What do you do to Julian then? If you let him through, you die. And kill Taylor Swift!
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:What do you do to Julian then? If you let him through, you die. And kill Taylor Swift!

You give him cookies until he explodes by being too fat :D
User

by Giangreymon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Thats funny!, you guys want MORE ideas?
Image Image
User

by meowlala » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I have an idea fo Necro and Assasin

Necromancers Lair
With the power of darkness, necromancers destroy things that lay in the path to their fame.
Ability one: Ressuretion
Level 1: Has a 15% chance instantly killing a enemy. Has 10% ressurection chance.
Level 2: 25%, 20%
Level 3 35%, 40%

Ressurected Skeleton
DP: 10-20
No MR
No PR
HP: 100

Ressurected Beast
DP: 120-150
Low MR
High PR
HP: 1200

Ability 2: Infinite summon
Level 1: Summons a ressurected minion that can respawn
Level 2: Adds another skeleton
Level 3: Adds another skeleton, and enemies killed by skeleton have a 5% chance to ressurect

Ressurection Minion
Respawn time: 9
DP: 15-25
No MR
Low PR
HP: 200

Ability 3: Earth quake
Level 1: Every 10 sec the earth shakes, stunning enemies and doing 10-50 DP in a medium AOE
Level 2: 9 sec, 15-60 DP
Level 3: 8 sec, 5-35 DP, and ocassionaly 500-1250

Normal stats
DP: 108-167
Slow attack
Medium Range
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent all night on it! Hope you like it.
Admit defeat to the dark lord. The souls of many come, the souls of few go.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:01 pm

meowlala wrote:I have an idea fo Necro and Assasin

Necromancers Lair
With the power of darkness, necromancers destroy things that lay in the path to their fame.
Ability one: Ressuretion
Level 1: Has a 15% chance instantly killing a enemy. Has 10% ressurection chance.
Level 2: 25%, 20%
Level 3 35%, 40%

Ressurected Skeleton
DP: 10-20
No MR
No PR
HP: 100

Ressurected Beast
DP: 120-150
Low MR
High PR
HP: 1200

Ability 2: Infinite summon
Level 1: Summons a ressurected minion that can respawn
Level 2: Adds another skeleton
Level 3: Adds another skeleton, and enemies killed by skeleton have a 5% chance to ressurect

Ressurection Minion
Respawn time: 9
DP: 15-25
No MR
Low PR
HP: 200

Ability 3: Earth quake
Level 1: Every 10 sec the earth shakes, stunning enemies and doing 10-50 DP in a medium AOE
Level 2: 9 sec, 15-60 DP
Level 3: 8 sec, 5-35 DP, and ocassionaly 500-1250

Normal stats
DP: 108-167
Slow attack
Medium Range
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent all night on it! Hope you like it.

That took you all night?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
ded

by MAppDeveloping » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 pm

TheHallMonitor wrote:
meowlala wrote:I spent all night on it! Hope you like it.

That took you all night?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

JAJAJAJA maybe an hour or so, do not exaggerate!
MAppDeveloping - Apple Developer -
User

by meowlala » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:46 pm

MAppDeveloping wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:
meowlala wrote:I spent all night on it! Hope you like it.

That took you all night?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

JAJAJAJA maybe an hour or so, do not exaggerate!

Actually it took all night. Mostly because I was staring at a wikipedia article 3/5 the time... :? And feeding my cat... And playing KR... And playing ninjakiwi+Armorgames... ;) :D
Admit defeat to the dark lord. The souls of many come, the souls of few go.
User