Campaign: Tropical Waters

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Campaign: Tropical Waters

by Ashbite » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am

tmn loveblue wrote:If you carry a maiden and fight with one unarmed hand, your damage would probably be that low. I just want him to have some relation, as big strong mooks who serve the savage shamans, guard, doing stuffs while the mages do rituals, etc. There are more to Savages than this, so not.just.yet.

Or make him like he is after the sacrifice.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:49 pm

He could have a special move with both his hands that wasn't possible with just one arm. That move could be powerful enough to make him strong without changing his stats, such as a stunning AOE or an instant-killing punch. :)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:56 pm

I know just what to do. Wait for me to hone it up first ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:02 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:I know just what to do. Wait for me to hone it up first ;)

Waiting with excitement :D
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:56 am

This is official update:

War Shaman

Tribal mages that harness dark magic to disintegrate foes and aid their breathrens in battle.

They holds staffs that glow red on top. Their body and feet and eyes also glow red, and nearby savages have a red aura underfoot.

Health: 725
No armor.
Damage: Every 5s in melee, summon a red lightning for 200-500 True Damage to all units blocking, with 60% chance of instakill. Normally hit with staff for 40-50 Magic Damage.
Movement: Medium.
Bounty: 50
Lives taken: 6

Special:
* Savages near them deal 40% more damage
*Also accompanied by one Savage Brute

Savage Brute

Strong savage boxers serve as bodyguard of the wisemen of the tribes.

Same appearance and stats as normal Savage Brutes, but with Med armor and magic resistance. They also have a red glow around their bodies and in the eyes like War Shamans.

Lives taken: 2

Special:
* Every 8s, charge forwards to a target and stun it for 4s.
* They now attack twice as fast using two arms.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:56 am

The War Shaman is OP for the gold is gives, unless there is a level specific tower/hero to make them easier.

The savage brute could use a better skill, but it's not bad.
BBB

by Chimto » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:The War Shaman is OP for the gold is gives, unless there is a level specific tower/hero to make them easier.

coughVampiresacough
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 am

Chimto wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:The War Shaman is OP for the gold is gives, unless there is a level specific tower/hero to make them easier.

coughVampiresacough

I'd rather not see a repeat of that. It was cool the 1st time, but reusing tactics to make multiple levels harder is cheap.
BBB

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 am

The savage brute could use a better skill, but it's not bad.

50 gold for 6 lives taken is OP. The Demon Lord had 6 loves taken and was 100 gold.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 am

The health and gold given could be rebalanced a bit. He would have the average HP of a shaman and slightly lower gold given, for that the player must use money from other enemies to defeat him, and without armor he is not exceptionally durable against Archmages, Barrages and Mechas. As the War Shaman, he would always travel in front so it is easier to kill him, but if he is blocked then he would unleash his devastating attack on soldiers, thus Barracks don't fare well against him. Abduction or Core Drill is invaluable in this case.

The key is, while Barracks makes the War Shamans more dangerous by merging them into the mob, they are necessary to defeat my other enemies :twisted:
User

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 am

tmn loveblue wrote:The health and gold given could be rebalanced a bit. He would have the average HP of a shaman and slightly lower gold given, for that the player must use money from other enemies to defeat him, and without armor he is not exceptionally durable against Archmages, Barrages and Mechas. As the War Shaman, he would always travel in front so it is easier to kill him, but if he is blocked then he would unleash his devastating attack on soldiers, thus Barracks don't fare well against him. Abduction or Core Drill is invaluable in this case.

The key is, while Barracks makes the War Shamans more dangerous by merging them into the mob, they are necessary to defeat my other enemies :twisted:

How nice for the player :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:57 pm

That just means I'll use more micromanagement or Necromancers. How long does it take for them to use their lightning attack?
BBB

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:That just means I'll use more micromanagement or Necromancers. How long does it take for them to use their lightning attack?

Necromancers are the solution to every problem :lol:

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Ashbite wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:That just means I'll use more micromanagement or Necromancers. How long does it take for them to use their lightning attack?

Necromancers are the solution to every problem :lol:

I made them so OP in my Shattering Skies campaign, but then again, everything in that campaign was OP. :lol:
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 am

He uses it every 5s, the animation takes around 1s to complete. You still need Totem of Spirit, BBB :twisted: Remember the Spirit and Earth Shamans always travel in front of a mob? Now they are just behind the War Shaman :twisted:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

tmn loveblue wrote:He uses it every 5s, the animation takes around 1s to complete. You still need Totem of Spirit, BBB :twisted: Remember the Spirit and Earth Shamans always travel in front of a mob? Now they are just behind the War Shaman :twisted:

I guess I can't use Alric, otherwise his Sandwarriors would ruin everything. I could have Kahz teleport one to him and have all the towers kill the stunned savage before the others got to him. I find a way around everything. :twisted:
BBB

by Ashbite » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:52 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:He uses it every 5s, the animation takes around 1s to complete. You still need Totem of Spirit, BBB :twisted: Remember the Spirit and Earth Shamans always travel in front of a mob? Now they are just behind the War Shaman :twisted:

I guess I can't use Alric, otherwise his Sandwarriors would ruin everything. I could have Kahz teleport one to him and have all the towers kill the stunned savage before the others got to him. I find a way around everything. :twisted:

But then you still have the ithers, so it doesn't work. Spam Axethrowers and Necromancers, that's the solution :twisted:

User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Ashbite wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:

But then you still have the ithers, so it doesn't work. Spam Axethrowers and Necromancers, that's the solution :twisted:

Isn't that the solution to most problems in Frontiers? 8-)
BBB

by Ashbite » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

It is, which is why I do it.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Ashbite wrote:It is, which is why I do it.

Axethrowers + Necromancers with a ton of Crossbow Forts is basically the new Teslas + Paladins spam from before. *Sigh* We need more strategy.
BBB

PreviousNext