Four Elements Voting Thread!

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Four Elements Voting Thread!

by Zonoro13 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Ok, so now that the voting is all over, I'll just ask this out of curiosity: What are your guys' opinions of my entry (in further detail)? :) I'll give my reviews of each one, as soon as I finish my deep contemplation. :geek:

A maximum armor melting dragon will take off an enemy's armor almost completely in just 3 seconds.
Cool but OP. Ring of Fire is interesting, but I have trouble visualizing it. The mage is decent. I thought that Quake was a bit unoriginal, especially with the theme of your towers... Try Quake of Doom or something witty. Skull Crusher is a bit OP but pretty cool. Your artillery was a little overboard, I know KR is supposed to be funny, but seriously? Wow. The base TSUNAMI itself is unusually weak, looking at the DPS. A total of 50-100 damage in 5 seconds? That's the base damage of a Big Bertha which attacks much more often than that. Your skills make up for it though. The Sharknado's animations are awesome in my mind. I really liked your barracks thematically, but they just didn't fit with the elements in my view. Sort of like Entry Four's Artillery. It just killed it for me.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:06 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Ok, so now that the voting is all over, I'll just ask this out of curiosity: What are your guys' opinions of my entry (in further detail)? :) I'll give my reviews of each one, as soon as I finish my deep contemplation. :geek:

A maximum armor melting dragon will take off an enemy's armor almost completely in just 3 seconds.
Cool but OP. Ring of Fire is interesting, but I have trouble visualizing it. The mage is decent. I thought that Quake was a bit unoriginal, especially with the theme of your towers... Try Quake of Doom or something witty. Skull Crusher is a bit OP but pretty cool. Your artillery was a little overboard, I know KR is supposed to be funny, but seriously? Wow. The base TSUNAMI itself is unusually weak, looking at the DPS. A total of 50-100 damage in 5 seconds? That's the base damage of a Big Bertha which attacks much more often than that. Your skills make up for it though. The Sharknado's animations are awesome in my mind. I really liked your barracks thematically, but they just didn't fit with the elements in my view. Sort of like Entry Four's Artillery. It just killed it for me.

The archers had the purpose of being supportive for your towers (like the other archers). For Ring of Fire, just imagine the green circle around the tower that you see when you select it. The fire ring is along the edge of that circle, but no fire is shown on scenery/terrain. For the Mage, my intention was simple strength that made them the best choice for magic-resistant enemies. Quake was generic crowd control, mostly useful against demons and the like. I admit it's unoriginal, but I was trying. I'm not sure if you're complimenting the humor in the TSUNAMI, but I'll take it as that. Thank you. :D Was the barracks really that bad? I don't understand how it ruins it so much for you.

Thank you for the very thorough review. I can already tell that I'll be looking back at this in the future.
BBB

by Zonoro13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:14 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:

The archers had the purpose of being supportive for your towers (like the other archers). For Ring of Fire, just imagine the green circle around the tower that you see when you select it. The fire ring is along the edge of that circle, but no fire is shown on scenery/terrain. For the Mage, my intention was simple strength that made them the best choice for magic-resistant enemies. Quake was generic crowd control, mostly useful against demons and the like. I admit it's unoriginal, but I was trying. I'm not sure if you're complimenting the humor in the TSUNAMI, but I'll take it as that. Thank you. :D Was the barracks really that bad? I don't understand how it ruins it so much for you.

Thank you for the very thorough review. I can already tell that I'll be looking back at this in the future.

No, I liked your barracks a lot. I like the spikes and all. But they don't fit in the four elements thing in my opinion.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Magnus0 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:59 am

I was entry 7. sadly, I didn't get any votes but still thanks for liking my barrack.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:44 am

Who was Entry 2?
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User

by wailwail » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 am

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:I was entry 7. sadly, I didn't get any votes but still thanks for liking my barrack.

We are equal Magnus... No one voted for my entry, the First entry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Chimto » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:01 pm

It can't be helped with your horrible presentation. Bad formatting, spelling errors, grammar mistakes...
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by tmn loveblue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Entry One has some unoriginal ideas, and I don't like that Yoga is paired with an offensive tower. The Wind Mage is presented badly and difficult to understand.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:38 pm

wailwail wrote:We are equal Magnus... No one voted for my entry, the First entry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It didn't help that your Mage tower had five abilities and a secondary ability of equal strength abilities, all your towers had secondary abilities, your artillery only had one ability and you had different weather effects after I said not to use them:

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
wailwail wrote:To RaZoR : Can I use weather control with the Wind element ( I'm looking for a tower with both weather and wind control powers )

Assuming it's wind related weather, yes. Rain is water, heat is fire, lightning is well.. lightning. So no to those.
Yes it's me

by wailwail » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Chimto wrote:It can't be helped with your horrible presentation. Bad formatting, spelling errors, grammar mistakes...

That was quite rude :x Also, it's supposed to be about how creative are the towers. Not how good formatted they are, as English isn't my native languages.
User

by Chimto » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Yes, this is a tower-making contest, but that doesn't mean that presentation is not important. It's essential that a presentation capture the audience's attention. No matter how creative and/or balanced your idea is, people aren't likely to pay much attention to it if it is poorly-formatted, full of spelling errors, and overall too difficult to read and understand.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 pm

There was no grading rubric, so I just voted for the entry I looked the best. Formatting and grammar play a big role in how much I like an entry. Sorry.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Magnus0 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:51 pm

it's not really fair if your entry gets completely ignored just because your English is not the best.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:it's not really fair if your entry gets completely ignored just because your English is not the best.

I didn't ignore his entry or your entry. I simply found it less enjoyable and more difficult to read. Mostly Wail's entry due to poor spacing creating a wall of text, rather than breaking it up like most of the other entries.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Magnus0 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

I understand that it can be difficult to read sometimes and I'am not saying Wail or I should have won, but maybe everyone should not have their focus on grammar so much when deciding wich entry is best. especially not for persons who aren't good at English like Wail and me.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by wailwail » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:I understand that it can be difficult to read sometimes and I'am not saying Wail or I should have won, but maybe everyone should not have their focus on grammar so much when deciding wich entry is best. especially not for persons who aren't good at English like Wail and me.

Agreed, It's hard to speak three languages for a person like me. Especially if I already speak two hard languages. Arabic and French.
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:I understand that it can be difficult to read sometimes and I'am not saying Wail or I should have won, but maybe everyone should not have their focus on grammar so much when deciding wich entry is best. especially not for persons who aren't good at English like Wail and me.

But there's no rubric on deciding which entry is best, Razor didn't tell us to vote for the one which was most creative, or whichever had the best quotes, or the most interesting skills. So I just voted for the one I liked most, and formatting affected how much I liked it. I get that not everyone is great at English but that's not my problem, I just voted how I voted.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Grammar mistakes, no big whoop so long as it's readable. But if you don't follow the format that Razorleaf specifically gave to everyone and repeatedly used as an answer to questions in the contest thread, then it's a problem. You should be capable of following instructions at are literally given to you.
BBB

by Doom0 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 am

Hello! these are my unique ideas for towers, though i do not expect these to go into ANY games. yes i know its past the voting time. :hero:

Earth Artillary :
Boulder Cannons
cost 380
looks like a close to black thick brown cylinder with to cannons sticking out.

slow firing speed, 80-100 dmg each. each hit has a 2% chance to stun the enemy.long range
quote: do you feel the earth turn?

upgrades
Rapid fire Atk-im boys! cost 200
1: its speed goes to average for 6 secs
2:goes to FAST for 8 secs. cost 150

Giant Boulder. now THATS some serious damage
1:the top of the tower opens up, revealing a giant cannon. shoots out a giant boulder dealing 120-150 dmg and stuns all units it hits for 3 secs. cost
2:the boulder gets bigger and causes splash dmg. 150-180 dmg. units get stunned for 5 secs. cost 140 200

wind mage.
peaceful shrine.
cost 320

looks like stonehenge but with a tornado in the middle holding a floating wizard in white robes.

fast firing speed, 50-70 dmg each. each hit has a 2% chance to push them a little back.great range
qoute: do you here the wind howl ?

upgrades

Wind wall. cost 180
1: creates a wall in front of the tower that has 250 hp and when hit has a 50% chance to knock them back.
2: 500hp and ALWAYS knocks them back. cost 130

Tornado minions: cost 300
1: summons 4 minions with 100 hp, 8-10 dmg, no armour. Super rapid regenertion, 5 hp per second, even in battle
2: 180hp, 10-15 dmg, low armour. cost 150

water archers

Ice Javelin Tossers. cost 250

looks like a ice castle with 2 people holding blue/ice javelins in their hand, wearing blue cloaks.

fast (or average) firing speed,40-60 dmg, each hit has a 2% chance to slow the enemy by 20%. great range.
quote. fear the ice

upgrades

javelin rain cost 125

1: attacks every mob in range of the tower at once, 10-15 true damage.
2: attacks EVERY mob on the map, 15-20 true damage. cost 250

Rapid throw cost 200
1: shoots 5 javelins all at once, each dealing 40-50 dmg.
2: shoots 8 javelins. 50-60 dmg.
3: shoots 10 javelins, 60-70 dmg.

Fire Barracks

The Court Of Demonspawns. cost 325

looks like a big stage with chairs infront of it. on the stage is a big desk. has 2 Giant spikes at the sides of the area. everything is red.
cost 400
3 units, 200 hp 15-20 dmg, 0 defence
1 big unit in the middle. 500hp 30-40 dmg medium armour.

the 3 units look like basic demon spawn from kingdom rush. unit in the middle looks like the demon lords but with hit on the sides of the robe and it carrys a enlarged version of the basic court hammer as a weapon
quote: do you here the fire crack/scream?

upgrades:

court hammer. cost 300
only the unit in the middle gets this upgrade

1: yells "the court has spoken!" and insta kills one enemy up to 1000 hp
2: 2 enemys up to 2000 each. cost 350
3: 3 enemys up to 3000 each. cost 400

witnesses. cost 200
only the basic 3 units get this upgrade.

1: +25 hp, 20-25 dmg. low armour.
2: +25 hp, 25-30 dmg, medium armour. cost 200

will power cost 100
only the middle unit gets the last upgrade to this.

1: extra rally point range.
2: more rally point range. cost 100
3: infinite rally point range, and he gets a screen beside you hero screen, so he becomes essentially an extra hero. cost 300

thank you for reading this , and yes i am fully aware this is behind the date and is most likely NEVER going to be put in the game, i just wanted to share my ideas. plz tell me if you thought it was good and feedback is appreciated. :veznan:
User

by Doom0 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:49 am

Hello! these are my unique ideas for towers, though i do not expect these to go into ANY games. yes i know its past the voting time. :hero:

Earth Artillary :
Boulder Cannons
cost 380
looks like a close to black thick brown cylinder with to cannons sticking out.

slow firing speed, 80-100 dmg each. each hit has a 2% chance to stun the enemy.long range
quote: do you feel the earth turn?

upgrades
Rapid fire Atk-im boys! cost 200
1: its speed goes to average for 6 secs
2:goes to FAST for 8 secs. cost 150

Giant Boulder. now THATS some serious damage
1:the top of the tower opens up, revealing a giant cannon. shoots out a giant boulder dealing 120-150 dmg and stuns all units it hits for 3 secs. cost
2:the boulder gets bigger and causes splash dmg. 150-180 dmg. units get stunned for 5 secs. cost 140 200

wind mage.
peaceful shrine.
cost 320

looks like stonehenge but with a tornado in the middle holding a floating wizard in white robes.

fast firing speed, 50-70 dmg each. each hit has a 2% chance to push them a little back.great range
qoute: do you here the wind howl ?

upgrades

Wind wall. cost 180
1: creates a wall in front of the tower that has 250 hp and when hit has a 50% chance to knock them back.
2: 500hp and ALWAYS knocks them back. cost 130

Tornado minions: cost 300
1: summons 4 minions with 100 hp, 8-10 dmg, no armour. Super rapid regenertion, 5 hp per second, even in battle
2: 180hp, 10-15 dmg, low armour. cost 150

water archers

Ice Javelin Tossers. cost 250

looks like a ice castle with 2 people holding blue/ice javelins in their hand, wearing blue cloaks.

fast (or average) firing speed,40-60 dmg, each hit has a 2% chance to slow the enemy by 20%. great range.
quote. fear the ice

upgrades

javelin rain cost 125

1: attacks every mob in range of the tower at once, 10-15 true damage.
2: attacks EVERY mob on the map, 15-20 true damage. cost 250

Rapid throw cost 200
1: shoots 5 javelins all at once, each dealing 40-50 dmg.
2: shoots 8 javelins. 50-60 dmg.
3: shoots 10 javelins, 60-70 dmg.

Fire Barracks

The Court Of Demonspawns. cost 325

looks like a big stage with chairs infront of it. on the stage is a big desk. has 2 Giant spikes at the sides of the area. everything is red.
cost 400
3 units, 200 hp 15-20 dmg, 0 defence
1 big unit in the middle. 500hp 30-40 dmg medium armour.

the 3 units look like basic demon spawn from kingdom rush. unit in the middle looks like the demon lords but with hit on the sides of the robe and it carrys a enlarged version of the basic court hammer as a weapon
quote: do you here the fire crack/scream?

upgrades:

court hammer. cost 300
only the unit in the middle gets this upgrade

1: yells "the court has spoken!" and insta kills one enemy up to 1000 hp
2: 2 enemys up to 2000 each. cost 350
3: 3 enemys up to 3000 each. cost 400

witnesses. cost 200
only the basic 3 units get this upgrade.

1: +25 hp, 20-25 dmg. low armour.
2: +25 hp, 25-30 dmg, medium armour. cost 200

will power cost 100
only the middle unit gets the last upgrade to this.

1: extra rally point range.
2: more rally point range. cost 100
3: infinite rally point range, and he gets a screen beside you hero screen, so he becomes essentially an extra hero. cost 300

thank you for reading this , and yes i am fully aware this is behind the date and is most likely NEVER going to be put in the game, i just wanted to share my ideas. plz tell me if you thought it was good and feedback is appreciated. :veznan:
User

PreviousNext