2015 Contest Discussion

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: 2015 Contest Discussion

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Only question if we do it is: How do we manage which user picks which hero?

The only way we can ensure it's done fairly is to do it randomly, like we did with the Hero Nemesis. You state your intent to enter, and I send you a random hero. You can pick a game though, so you get a random hero from that game. That hero is then taken out of future choices.
Yes it's me

by Finwer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Only question if we do it is: How do we manage which user picks which hero?

The only way we can ensure it's done fairly is to do it randomly, like we did with the Hero Nemesis. You state your intent to enter, and I send you a random hero. You can pick a game though, so you get a random hero from that game. That hero is then taken out of future choices.

Ok then I want a hero from....KRO. :hero:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 am

Finwer, you can't choose KRO, because the challenge is to make the hero into a KRO hero.

If we choose KR, do we get to choose the two more skills they will need as well as the hero spell? If so, I choose KR; if not, KRF.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm

What? Razor said it would specifically be a story only. I'd rather do both, both that doesn't seem to be what is being aimed for.
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Finwer, you can't choose KRO, because the challenge is to make the hero into a KRO hero.

If we choose KR, do we get to choose the two more skills they will need as well as the hero spell? If so, I choose KR; if not, KRF.

I considered doing this, then realised how tiny the entries would be. You take an existing hero, and turn them into a secondary hero, strip away three of their attacks (for Frontiers) or just keep their existing attacks (for Rush), lower their stats and then say which level they appear in. It's very boring. As a fanfic, you can take any of the heroes from any game and write a backstory for them.
Yes it's me

by wailwail » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I APPROVE!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Zonoro13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Oh, I interpreted it differently. I thought that the contest was to turn a KR or KRF hero into an Origins hero, with a hero spell.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:17 am

Zonoro13 wrote:Oh, I interpreted it differently. I thought that the contest was to turn a KR or KRF hero into an Origins hero, with a hero spell.

We should do this, along with a backstory. That seems to have the most openness for ideas, as skills could be modified or outright changed to make them a little better (and especially balanced) along with a description of what the younger version looks like. If we agree to this version, I have a format already set up to keep posts anonymous, so long as they're followed. :)
BBB

by wailwail » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Make a tower based on a hero. For example a monk training school based on Kutsao, or a priest supportive tower like Diedre.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

How about a "From Evil to Good" contest where we take a boss from any of the games and make them a hero balanced for the game they appear in? Alternatively, make them all Origins heroes with reasons why they were once good, just like Vez'nan. :)
BBB

by wailwail » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Nice, Malagar hero + hammer of ages = coolio
User

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:33 am

Vez'nan is awesome
User

by Chimto » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:How about a "From Evil to Good" contest where we take a boss from any of the games and make them a hero balanced for the game they appear in? Alternatively, make them all Origins heroes with reasons why they were once good, just like Vez'nan. :)

So, not counting the oversized ones (for hero standards anyway), we'd have Vasile and Gul'Thak (and possibly Lord Blackburn), plus Lord Malagar and the God King if all the non-boss villains are included. I don't think that's not diverse enough.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 pm

They grow to larger sizes between Origins and KR or KRF. After all, Ulguk Hai is the only troll of that size, making him special. JT is the only yeti that large, so something had to happen with him that was different. Same applies to other giant bosses.

Plus, contests aren't meant to be perfectly valid for actual in-game content. Would the amalgam heroes ever make it into the game?
BBB

by wailwail » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:47 pm

These contests are just for fun ( and bragging rights ) so it doesn't really matter if they fit in the game or not.
User

Previous