2015 Contest Discussion

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

2015 Contest Discussion

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:29 pm

I figure it’s a bit soon to have a new contest yet, we’ve not long finished the voting for the Christmas one. But that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss some ideas for future contests. If we can get a bunch of ideas down, then we can get more of them arranged without having to have a discussion beforehand all the time, and it takes some of the pressure off me to come up with them.

Here are the previous contests. I’ve missed out those that came at the very start, as they were a bit overloaded or didn’t have much detail (like Heroes with just a description). They are in descending order.

Hero Origin Story (Results?)
Standalone Level / Voting
Hero&Tower Amalgam / Voting
Gnome Shop / Voting
Horrorween / Voting

Before
Christmas (Towers and Hero)
Endless Challenge
Four Elements (Towers)
Level 5 Tower
Fanfic
Campaign Contest
Hero Nemesis
Level 5 Tower
Enemies
Positive Level Addition
Negative Level Addition
Spell

What's been popular recently was a theme to base the contest around, notably present in the Christmas Contest; four towers and a hero based on Christmas or winter themes, and the Four Elements; one tower for each of the four classic elements. At the beginning, contests were smaller, but had a lot more entries which made a better balance. Since contests now have an average of six entries, they have been bigger to make them appear to have more content. We have a lot more members now sharing their ideas, so we could go back and have some smaller contests to ease them into it, before we have a big one again.

But anyway, this thread is for people to discuss ideas for contests throughout the year. Either repeats of old contests, or some new ideas we haven't done before.

Suggestions
Hero origins (Fanfic)
Feature Addition
Gnome Shop
Upgrade Tree
Enemy Hybrid
Environment
Enemy Theme Pack
Hero Combination
Standalone Level
Last edited by RaZoR LeAf on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Yes it's me

Re: 2015 Contest Discussion

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

I think a Hero Origins contest would be cool. A sort of background story to the beginnings of a hero chosen randomly by whoever (possibly the devs). It would go well with the fact that we have KR: Origins showing us why Vez'nan is a villain. Maybe some lore for the other heroes would add a lot of depth to the game as well. :)
BBB

by Draconian » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:44 am

I second BBB's suggestion.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 am

Yeah, a hero contest is a good choice, I have a great idea right now. Fun fun fun.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 am

I definitely second BBB's idea. Maybe we could extend this by maybe providing stories for towers.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by benni369 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:21 am

I agree with BBB.
Juice Box wrote:I HAVE NO FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Image Awesome stone golem made by FastAndBlast. (Thank you! :D )
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:53 am

Right ok. But this is for discussing lots of ideas, not just agreeing on one. I. Don't want to have to post a thread like this everytime we want to hold a contest, so the moe ideas we get here, the more contests we can hold.
Yes it's me

by xstargaming » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 am

How about a Feature Addition contest? My thoughts being inspired, of course, by Kevin32's recent work. :D
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 am

This topic is to be revived every time one gets a new idea for a contest, right?

I want something other than the common tower contest we have been having. Something, more lore-y. Maybe a campaign, or as xstar said, a Feature Addition contest.
User

by Magnus0 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:17 pm

What about gnome shop items. Everyone has to design 3 unique gnome shop items. you should list the effects, the area of effect, possibly stats and the price in gems.

I think an upgrade tree contest would be cool too.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Kiran Maxxan Renx » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Enemy hybrid contest (similar to this)
My KR ideas: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5017

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzcXL4q9AM

Men with beard possess telepathy.
User

by FoxDP011 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I think a Hero Origins contest would be cool. A sort of background story to the beginnings of a hero chosen randomly by whoever (possibly the devs). It would go well with the fact that we have KR: Origins showing us why Vez'nan is a villain. Maybe some lore for the other heroes would add a lot of depth to the game as well. :)

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :hero:
Sir,that's not your cheeseburger >:/
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Guys this thread is not for discussing the upcoming Community Hero contest. I'm not saying this again, if you don't stop discussing it and get back on topic I'll have this thread removed.
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:01 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Guys this thread is not for discussing the upcoming Community Hero contest. I'm not saying this again, if you don't stop discussing it and get back on topic I'll have this thread removed.

100% agree.

I'll split the topic. Sorry about this Razor, it's my fault.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:10 am

No it's not. It's everyone else's short attention span. It's like "hey so this thing is cool, and we should discuss how cool it is and then OMG SHINY LOOK AT THE THE SHINY LETS TALK ABOUT THE SHINY! SHINY SHINY! WHAT?"
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:No it's not. It's everyone else's short attention span. It's like "hey so this thing is cool, and we should discuss how cool it is and then OMG SHINY LOOK AT THE THE SHINY LETS TALK ABOUT THE SHINY! SHINY SHINY! WHAT?"

Ok, I've split the topics now. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:16 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:No it's not. It's everyone else's short attention span. It's like "hey so this thing is cool, and we should discuss how cool it is and then OMG SHINY LOOK AT THE THE SHINY LETS TALK ABOUT THE SHINY! SHINY SHINY! WHAT?"

I find tis rather offensive. I addressed Tats' post because it was extremely important that what he said be responded to, not because I can't remember the original focus of the thread.
BBB

by The_TaTs » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:25 am

Let's all cool down and not take anything personal.

Then, let's go back to topic.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 am

New idea: Since heroes and lore are out of the question, how about we design a new environment? It could have its own set of enemies, location, positive or negative (or both) affects on the layout, scenery, and a master of the environment. Yay or nay?
BBB

by AerisDraco » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 am

I vote Yea!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

Next