Kingdom Rush: Chronicles

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Kingdom Rush: Chronicles

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm ready to show off some of the armour that's been designed now. You'll see from the amount of what I've done that the delay in levels makes sense. You'll find all of the Weapons in the Game Mechanics section.

Let me explain armour again, as it has changed since the last time I posted a teardown on it.

There are three different types of armour: Body Armour, Weapons and Accessories. Each of the types has a primary stat which it is solely responsible for and four out of five secondary stats. I'll provide a little diagram again to explain better:

• Defence gains affect armour; though only physical, as magical armour is rarely featured on units at all. It determines how much damage a hero takes from an enemy attack.
  • Attack gains will have an effect regardless of the attacks being melee, ranged or magic. This has the added bonus of giving ranged and magic heroes a boost to their weak melee attack stat.
  • Hit Points affects the survivability of a hero, how long it lasts on the field when taking damage.
  • Move(ment) Speed affects how fast a hero is able to move around the screen. It remains to be seen if this has any effect on teleporting heroes.
  • D.P.S or Damage Per Second affects attack speed, rather than the attack stat itself. A hero will be able to perform attacks faster than they would normally, doing more damage over time. This will only affect their standard attacks, and not the cool-down of their abilities.
  • Regeneration will increase the speed at which a hero regains HP.
  • Range gains affect how far a ranged attack will reach, and the catchment area for a hero to notice an enemy and engage with it, or engage an ability. The latter allows heroes without a specific ranged attack to still take advantage of the attribute.
  • EXP Gain will give a boost to how fast a hero gains EXP. Obviously once a hero reaches level 10, this attribute becomes useless, but it would provide a hell of a useful boost for a slow levelling hero.

Each item has a Primary gain, a secondary gain, and a secondary loss.

There is a Tertiary field, that accounts for Attributes. Such as immunities to poisoning, burn, stun, freeze, etc. lowered cool-downs on Hero Spells, added effects like causing poisoning or burns. Not all the attribute possibilities have been decided yet, and not all items will have them.

There are five Grades to the items. The lower the grade, the easier it is to obtain. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond and Onyx. Onyx items are particularly special, as they are obtained through great overwhelming tasks and are so powerful they unbalance the game. Onyx items are basically 'a bit of fun'.

Three pieces of armour can come together to form a Set Piece. A full set can grant additional attributes, new skills or new attacks. They are spread across the grades, so a full set will not always be the best equipment, so you have to decide if you want an additional skill over better stats.

The last thing is how each item is obtained. They come in many forms. Some are unlocked with a new hero automatically, they can be found in levels by locating interactive portions, defeating a certain amount of enemies, defeating bosses, etc. A full list of how each item is obtained has yet to be made.

Now as always, this is far from complete. The fields have been left empty where information may be missing as I add it gradually as more levels, enemies, heroes, etc. are designed. Some are marked with "Unrevealed" as they are spoilers for things that are partially designed but not yet posted.
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 pm

In what seems to be a Kingdom Rush tradition of cameos, a new Premium Hero has been added.
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:In what seems to be a Kingdom Rush tradition of cameos, a new Premium Hero has been added.

>Elora

Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:40 pm

The update is great, and the ideas are inspiring. Elora 2.0 retains everything that I liked about her and only makes her better. All of the equipment ideas and towers give me the same vibe from the actual KR games to the point where I want to make fanfiction ideas for your game. Great update! :D
BBB

by Minuet » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:41 am

How strong can the armour boost from Raijun Scale get?
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:05 am

Minuet wrote:How strong can the armour boost from Raijun Scale get?

I'd say up to 50% realistically. I doubt it would take longer than 30 seconds for something to stop the units idling, either an enemy engaging them or you having to move them yourself.

Sneaky end of 2017 edit
For anyone checking this thread out, it's going to get a load of full updates in the new year. In the meantime, I've edited sections so they are all formated the same and added information where it was missing. There are also spoilers for unreleased features scattered amongst the new additions for the eagle eyed reader.

Assuming anyone stops by...
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 pm

As if by magic, the Thread Keeper appears!

A full year has gone by without any real updates. I hope nobody thought I'd forgotten about this, because I didn't/ I just needed a bit of a break from it, in order to get back into it. If that makes sense? In any case, Kingdom Rush Chronicles is BACK BABY!!

Update Log

• Level Nine - The Narrow Pass
  • Two new enemies
  • One new tower
  • Images for select towers
  • Images for tower skills
  • Enemy rename - Sand Squid is renamed Octerra to avoid future name complications
  • Level Five - Rygost's Bridge has been redesigned
  • Body Armour and Accessories fully listed
  • Post formats brought in line with each other
  • Produce given better names
  • More Achievements added
  • Minor spoilers still present :)

I know the Kingdom Rush forums aren't as busy as they used to be, but hopefully, my working on this thread again will bring a bit of life back into the forum.
Yes it's me

by Flamechar33 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm

I already have an Idea for who the next boss is. New level looks good, and the Infinite Glove has an error (essentially) saying that it is an Accessory. Anyways, good job!
Time to get a new signature, and to replace my avatar.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Flamechar33 wrote:I already have an Idea for who the next boss is. New level looks good, and the Infinite Glove has an error (essentially) saying that it is an Accessory. Anyways, good job!

The chances of you guessing it are very slim.
Fixed.
Thanks!
Yes it's me

by Rush the kingdom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Flamechar33 wrote:I already have an Idea for who the next boss is. New level looks good, and the Infinite Glove has an error (essentially) saying that it is an Accessory. Anyways, good job!

The chances of you guessing it are very slim.
Fixed.
Thanks!

Is it leviathan? The description of the oncoming threat sounds like someone took the description for J.T:

"Something abominable is approaching, and the men are extremely nervous...."

And tried to make something similar for Leviathan.
For the kingdom!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Rush the kingdom wrote:
Is it leviathan? The description of the oncoming threat sounds like someone took the description for J.T:

Nope. Leviathan is too obvious and I wouldnt want to repeat a boss battle.
Yes it's me

by Rush the kingdom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:11 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Rush the kingdom wrote:

Nope. Leviathan is too obvious and I wouldnt want to repeat a boss battle.

Aw, crap. Could you give us some sort of clue, like what kind of creature it is?
For the kingdom!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Update Log
  • Level Ten - Sandhorn Stretch
  • Two new enemies
  • The last level four Tower
  • Atlantae/Atlantaen have been renamed Aquaria/Aquarians

Not Really an Update Log but worth mentioning
  • The enemy group for the final four levels has been decided upon and is in development.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Yay more levels!

Quick comment - the level description describes the tide breakers as fast, but their fire rate is slow.

Otherwise, I like the tower, especially the surfer dude references.

The rest of the level is nice as well.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Harkmen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:52 am

Just a very belated post about how awesome this FanFic is (both in terms of the level of detail put into it as well as the drawings), and I'm very excited to see you continuing to expand upon it now after 3 years since starting. The new level looks incredibly complex, yet fun to play on with all the potential paths enemies can cross.

A quick question about the Tidebreaker: does the second ability essentially add a third TB that prioritizes enemies with the highest HP with each attack?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Yay more levels!

Quick comment - the level description describes the tide breakers as fast, but their fire rate is slow.

Otherwise, I like the tower, especially the surfer dude references.

The rest of the level is nice as well.

Fixed, it now reads Sacrificing speed for accuracy, their aquatic attacks are second to nothing

Harkmen wrote:Just a very belated post about how awesome this FanFic is (both in terms of the level of detail put into it as well as the drawings), and I'm very excited to see you continuing to expand upon it now after 3 years since starting. The new level looks incredibly complex, yet fun to play on with all the potential paths enemies can cross.

A quick question about the Tidebreaker: does the second ability essentially add a third TB that prioritizes enemies with the highest HP with each attack?

Three years? Wow. Well I did spend a good chunk of 2016 in hospital, so I consider that time null and void. Still, I've been picking bits here and there from every other idea I've ever come up with or posted here. If you went through all of my posts you'd find quite a few recycled ideas. That said, your comments are very much appreciated, and I hope you stick around to see everything else I have planned. Which is a lot.

So, the Tide Breaker tower is very similar to the Golden Longbow. It has more or less the same attack damage and attack speed, but not the range. The second skill makes up for that somewhat by adding a third archer that stands on a tall column of water. That column can be moved around like a barrack soldier, so can be positioned anywhere within the range of the original tower. The 'Wave Rider' then has its own range; quite small at first, but it increases with each upgrade. I'd put in on par with probably the Tesla tower. It then targets the enemy in its own personal range with the highest HP. If it knocks that enemies HP lower than another, it will switch targets, ensuring it is constantly whittling down the high HP enemies and letting the other towers in range clear them out. So if it positioned above a barracks group fighting two Silverfrills and a Shield Crab, it would only attack the crab until its HP was lower than any of the Silverfrills.

I hope that makes sense.
Yes it's me

by Uranato » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 am

A question: Who is the fire demon that the Dwarves killed ages ago?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:26 am

Uranato wrote:A question: Who is the fire demon that the Dwarves killed ages ago?

Spoilers!
;)
Yes it's me

by Uranato » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 am

I'm not exactly an eagle-eyed reader, so I think I'll give a try another time.
I saw one thing, tough. Isn't the Shield Crab's bounty a bit too less?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Tiny update. There is a new world map. I didn't like the old one, it has too much water in it. The new one makes it smaller and adds some mountain area for future campaigns.

You can still see the old map here:
[+] SPOILER
Yes it's me

PreviousNext