BETA TEST RECRUITMENT!

A new Sci-Fi adventure! Mechas included.

Re: BETA TEST RECRUITMENT!

by Marethyu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:45 am

I'm back :mrgreen: I doubt y'all remember me?

Anyway, trying to find that discord server for beta testers...I tried inputting the code but says the code is "invalid or expired".
I'm looking forward to testing Iron Marines, and having debates and fan fics about Iron Marines. ;)

Can't wait! :yey:
"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."
Mitch Hedberg
User

by Santiago » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 am

Why are you guys talking about discord?

Did I miss something?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Santiago wrote:Why are you guys talking about discord?

Did I miss something?

There is a Discord channel/room/whatever set up by members of the forum. It is not official, and being a part of it is not a requirement of the beta testing.
Yes it's me

by Santiago » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Santiago wrote:Why are you guys talking about discord?

Did I miss something?

There is a Discord channel/room/whatever set up by members of the forum. It is not official, and being a part of it is not a requirement of the beta testing.

Ahh I see, thanks!
User

by canlupus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:49 pm

I tried to join the discord but sadly all the links have expired... can anyone help?
User

by Dead End hahaha » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Well, I doubt anyone remembers me, but wow. I just decided to check the old forums again and wow. The beta is here :)
Ronald
Iphone 4 ipad 3
[email protected]
Filipino and english.
User

by Tintin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Noell- wrote:Hi everyone!

As the title says, we are recruiting beta testers for Iron Marines.
We already have a few of you on our lists, but just in case if you want to participate please write a private message to me saying:

-your name/nickname
-what device do you have
-your iTunes/Google Play account
-your native language and languages you speak fluently

We are hoping to start the beta test in 2-3 weeks so please everyone who would like to participate send me your info!

I wrote you a private message, "Noell-", I hope I don't arrive too late for signing into the beta!
User

by canlupus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Yay! Stuff is happening!
User

by The Propellord » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm

canlupus wrote:Yay! Stuff is happening!

Has the beta begun??
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by Thatamerican » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 pm

Really hoping I can beta test! Been looking forward to iron marines for a long time!
User

by FastAndBlast » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 pm

For anybody wanting to join discord:
https://discord.gg/c2wm42

This link will expire after 1 day :?
Sorry that's the max I could put in the timeframe
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by The_Viking » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:17 pm

I have been away for too long, new game hype is back! :yey:
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Juice Box » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 am

Do people still use these forums? :|

Anyways, hurray for the beta testers!! :D It's officially begun (started, like, just two days ago, actually), and most of the beta people are on the IH Discord chat.

For those of you who are part of the beta, just join the chat here (don't worry, <--that link there won't expire like FastAndBlast's). It's not required, like Razor Leaf said, but it is very highly encouraged. It's the only place where we can talk about bugs, fixes, typos and other beta shenanigans while drooling over how great this game is. This is especially more true given the fact that these Forums don't have a hidden area for us to talk about Iron Marines, while the Discord one does. Most importantly, a whole bunch of the Ironhide Developers are there--like, five or six of them--and chat with us every now and then, so if you ever have any concerns about the game, you can literally just call them up and ask them yourself.

Just remember, if you join the chat: PLEASE DON'T IMMEDIATELY TALK ABOUT ANYTHING IN THE BETA. As in, no spoilers, don't talk about the units or the enemy types, don't ask for advice on how to get achievements, don't rant about how OP one of the upgrades are. We still have to keep information about the game secret, just like the IH devs told us. Just call up one of our resident moderators to tell them to put you in the superdupersecret beta chat, which is where we talk about the actual game itself.

So yeah, join the beta chat if you can :) , just be sure to not talk about the game immediately, and to wait for a mod to give you beta access first. It was awfully nice of Ironhide to just hand out the game to us like this, and all they ask is that we keep the beta secret, so let's try and keep our end of the bargain :) .
User

by EliBarracuda » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:05 am

I didn't make it :( .
User

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 pm

The second batch of tests I due to begin in roughly three weeks for some reason. So if you're like me and got left off the list there's still hope I guess.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Santiago » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:The second batch of tests I due to begin in roughly three weeks for some reason. So if you're like me and got left off the list there's still hope I guess.

I am actually happy that I didn't make it in, considering that I got a very hard exam next wednesday I think this is actually good, otherwise it would have been compromised.

But yeah let's hope there is a second batch of testers and we make it in. I will have 2 weeks of holidays after the exam, it would be perfect.
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:The second batch of tests I due to begin in roughly three weeks for some reason. So if you're like me and got left off the list there's still hope I guess.

It's kind of unfortunate that I didn't make it, but at least I know that I don't have to check my e-mail every few hours.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by The Propellord » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:43 pm

And here I was thinking that the game would be released in 3 weeks.
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by Clock-work12 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:14 am

Magnus0 wrote:

It's kind of unfortunate that I didn't make it, but at least I know that I don't have to check my e-mail every few hours.

Me too I check my email from time to time for any newsletters and the invite It's been 3 weeks and I thought the beta will be delayed but then again congrats to the beta testers ! :lol: :P
User

by Chimto » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:08 pm

The Propellord wrote:

And here I was thinking that the game would be released in 3 weeks.

Just to make it clear: 3 weeks is only a rough estimation. Artus said the so-called 'second batch of tests' will actually begin after all bugs have been found by the first batch and purged, and the game becomes release candidate.

...or in other words, the 'beta' will only be accessible to this group after the beta testing has ended. You won't get to actually test the game, your feedback will come too late to have an impact, and your names won't enter the game's credit list.

Now I can proudly proclaim myself as the only person with the dubious honour of being expunged from the existing group of testers. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Good thing Ironhide changed their plans so this melodramatic, entitled bastard of a 'fan' could get a chance. Now to see if they'd listen to my advice or not...
Last edited by Chimto on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

PreviousNext