Forum changes and new mods

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by The Kingmaker » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 am

I have seen some very toxic forums where the mods act like either some kind of child, with their finger too close to the ban button, or are assholes who shut threads for nothing, but I am glad to say that I have no doubt neither of those will ever happen here, and have full faith in the mods to continue being the cool guys they are now.

The forum reorganisation seems interesting, and a good change.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by The_TaTs » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 pm

@Juice Box We promise to have more human sacrifices in your name, so please consider staying.
Also, you raised a valid point with the locked threads. The thing is that threads usually end up locked after being bumped for no good reason or when the conversation became too toxic.
The idea is to put all the threads that are not healthy for the Forum in a single place, so everyone can see what not to do. But maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

@Chimto, don't get frustrated for not becoming a mod. Your time will come and everyone will become a loyal Chimtoist. Also, good suggestion for the locked topics.

@BBB, I'll check the search function and see if it can be improved.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Ninja » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:But that's incredibly inefficient on the side of the user. They'll have to dig through locked threads that are not at all connected to a single, unified topic. For example, if they wanted to ask something about KR:O in specific, they'll have to dig through all the other unrelated stuff about KR, KR:F and Iron Marines.

And especially more so if the question is something trivial like, "Heroes Not Working After Bought." I mean, what if the dude wants to know why his Iron Marines heroes aren't working? Then he'll have to find a thread specific to only Iron Marines when all of Ironhide's games have heroes in it.

You getting me now, you nublet?


Simple solution to that too. Make a forum for locked threads and then have a subforum for each game's locked threads contained within it.


So you admit that you're wrong and the problem I am posing is indeed a problem. Ayyyyt.

Anyways, regarding the solution: it's possible. But then it would be tedious on Ironhide's side, since each locked thread will have to have a duplicate.

Isn't there a simpler way? What I was thinking was if maybe Ironhide made it possible for users to search through locked threads.

Like, for example, if I wanted to know why my IM heroes aren't working, then maybe Ironhide can make it so that when I click this one button, all threads that didn't come from the Iron Marines forum will be removed from the screen, so I can look freely.

Or maybe the search bar in each forum. Maybe Ironhide can find a way so that when I click this one thing, the engine will only search for locked topics that came from Iron Marines discussions. The normal shrimp.


I think that trying to find out how to make that button would be more work than my way. :lol:

Also, which mods will be assigned to which forum, TaTs?
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by AerisDraco » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:18 pm

For Chimtoism! :)
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Anorak » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 pm

All the mods sound like good choices. Congrats guys!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 pm
Location: OASIS

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 am

I'm immeasurably thankful for being chosen as a moderator. Looks like Simmonds got his wish. ;)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by AerisDraco » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:41 am

I was personally very surprised.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by The_TaTs » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Friendly Heads Up:
On March 14th this Thread will be moved from the "Kingdom Rush" subforum to a new one, the new location will be:

Board index < Ironhide General < General Discussions.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Ninja » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:25 pm

So why'd you give Aeris and RaZoR mod status now, but not BBB? Also, I think that the Moderator page needs updating now. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:56 pm

BBB hasn't updated his color yet.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Ninja » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:21 pm

AerisDraco wrote:BBB hasn't updated his color yet.


Oh, I thought TaTs was supposed to do that, not the chosen users. Anyhow, the forum page for Mods still needs updating.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 pm

You mean the group page?
The reason why it doesn't show us there is because we're "Global Mods" and as such get a light green color as well.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Aeris worked out how to update us to appear as mods. BBB probably hasn't been online to do it yet.

I expect an update of the mod page will come later when all the forum changes are implemented.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by The Kingmaker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Aaaah! Green! I feel like I should be careful...
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Ninja » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 pm

AerisDraco wrote:... light green color as well.


Oh, I was wondering about why it wasn't the same color that the other mods had.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Manijure » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:56 am

I approve of the new moderators. Congratulations, and I hope you guys bring peace and order to the forum.

... And pizza.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:19 am

I just realised something: the Legend needs to be updated to show the lighter green colour for Global Mods.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by Ninja » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:22 am

RaZoR's reply to me a few comments back should address that, BBB:

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Aeris worked out how to update us to appear as mods. BBB probably hasn't been online to do it yet.

I expect an update of the mod page will come later when all the forum changes are implemented.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by The_TaTs » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Changes made. Topics moved. Added "Fan Fiction" and "Suggestions" to the Iron Marine subforum.

Still ironing a few details. :yey:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Forum changes and new mods

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:08 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Still ironing a few details.


Heheheh
It's funny cuz it's Ironhide.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests