Not Enough Topic Posts!

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Sinque Productions » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:34 pm

I don't feel like there are enough topic posts on this forum to talk about much or write anything. Like if we're lucky, there is a new topic post like 3 days after the last one.
So, could people post more often? I'm getting pretty bored almost 100% of the time.
S.O.S. -Sinque
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Addy's secret lair.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Ninja » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:I don't feel like there are enough topic posts on this forum to talk about much or write anything. Like if we're lucky, there is a new topic post like 3 days after the last one.
So, could people post more often? I'm getting pretty bored almost 100% of the time.
S.O.S. -Sinque


This is a small community, you have to wait. If you want more topics, make them yourself. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by magicmetal03 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:12 pm

You just made one.... :lol:
P-Pencil
Image

Mostly ded.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: In your brain.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Magnus0 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Wait until Iron Marines comes out, we'll have a lot to talk about by then.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by The Kingmaker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm going to address this in my next post, but I'm just plain busy. Not too busy to read the forum, but too busy to start or continue innovative ideas.

And yeah, it's been a while since KRO, and the Hype Train for Iron Marines is in a station, so we haven't really much to talk about, beyond our own content and ideas, which I'll also address in my next post - updating my Oddities
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Sinque Productions » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Ninja wrote:
Sinque Productions wrote:I don't feel like there are enough topic posts on this forum to talk about much or write anything. Like if we're lucky, there is a new topic post like 3 days after the last one.
So, could people post more often? I'm getting pretty bored almost 100% of the time.
S.O.S. -Sinque


This is a small community, you have to wait. If you want more topics, make them yourself. ;)


2622 people isn't that small of a community. Even if there are only 100 active people, if each post just one post every 3 months, we'll have 1 new post a day, which we don't even have.
I have been here for less than 3 months, and I have made 11 topic posts. So yes, I have made some myself.

We not have stuff to talk about!? We haven't even dipped our toes into multi tower strategies and so much more.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Addy's secret lair.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Ninja » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:2622 people isn't that small of a community. Even if there are only 100 active people, if each post just one post every 3 months, we'll have 1 new post a day, which we don't even have.
I have been here for less than 3 months, and I have made 11 topic posts. So yes, I have made some myself.

We not have stuff to talk about!? We haven't even dipped our toes into multi tower strategies and so much more.


2622 is definitely a small community. Go and compare it to other forums; you'll see what I mean. ;)

100 active people? Lol, we don't have anywhere near that many active members here. Also, I didn't say you've never created a topic, I said that if you want more, make more. People aren't just going to start posting because you said so. Create topics that pique one's interest; lead by example, and maybe others will follow. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Juice Box » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:35 pm

I made a topic at Game Talk, y'all should check it out here.

Dude wrote:2622 people isn't that small of a community. Even if there are only 100 active people, if each post just one post every 3 months, we'll have 1 new post a day, which we don't even have.


Lol, we actually get 30x this every day. But it's always the same people making posts--BBB, Kingmaker, me, etc.

The problem is our community is really small. Out of the 2622 people registered, maybe only 6 or 7 log on a day. We need more people, and we'll get that once Iron Marines comes out.

Ninja wrote:100 active people? Lol, we don't have anywhere near that many active members here. Also, I didn't say you've never created a topic, I said that if you want more, make more. People aren't just going to start posting because you said so. Create topics that pique one's interest; lead by example, and maybe others will follow. ;)


What he means is that he's already done his fair share, and there still isn't enough to go by. He's already made topics but there still aren't enough.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Ninja » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:12 am

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:100 active people? Lol, we don't have anywhere near that many active members here. Also, I didn't say you've never created a topic, I said that if you want more, make more. People aren't just going to start posting because you said so. Create topics that pique one's interest; lead by example, and maybe others will follow. ;)


What he means is that he's already done his fair share, and there still isn't enough to go by. He's already made topics but there still aren't enough.


That means that he should make more, like I said. :roll:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Sinque Productions » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:16 am

It would be nice if we could get more active members without a new game. There are a lot of new members that only post once or twice. I think I am going to make it my mission on this forum to get as many new members to stay and be active.
Here's what I am going to do; I will write a message replying to the new member on their first post that looks like this:
Sinque's Mission Text wrote:Welcome to the forums! We are always welcoming new members!
I would suggest you read this. Otherwise, knock yourself out!
[kind and as open as possibly reply to new member's message]

Any edits to this welcome will help us all, so get your constructive criticism ready :D

I ask from all of you to be as kind and open to new members as possible. Try not to be very critical of there post and ignore necromancy until it is recurring. We don't want to discourage new members to leave.
Make them think this is a forum with nice people.

Hopefully, we can all get as many new members as possible to stay and therefor have new posts.
Let the game welcoming begin!
Last edited by Sinque Productions on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Addy's secret lair.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 am

Sinque Productions wrote:We not have stuff to talk about!? We haven't even dipped our toes into multi tower strategies and so much more.


Since the majority of us have been active for a long time, we actually have discussed those things. We just don't have inclination to discuss them again.

That said, if you want to discuss multi-tower strategies, then start a topic discussing it. If you want a thread, then make one, relying on someone else to post what you want to talk about isn't a reliable plan.


Sinque Productions wrote:It would be nice if we could get more active members without a new game. There are a lot of new members that only post once or twice. I think I am going to make it my mission on this forum to get as many new members to stay and be active.
Here's what I am going to do; I will write a message replying to the new member on their first post that looks like this:
Sinque's Mission Text wrote:Welcome to the forums! We are always welcoming new members!
I would suggest you read this. Otherwise, knock yourself out! Please stay; all of us here will appreciate it!
[kind and as open as possibly reply to new member's message]

Any edits to this welcome will help us all, so get your constructive criticism ready :D

I ask from all of you to be as kind and open to new members as possible. Try not to be very critical of there post and ignore necromancy until it is recurring. We don't want to discourage new members to leave.
Make them think this is a forum with nice people.

Hopefully, we can all get as many new members as possible to stay and therefor have new posts.
Let the game welcoming begin!


Please don't reply t new members first posts with "please stay", it makes us sound desperate for members. I would be less inclined to stay if my first reply was "please stay". BBB, Aeris and I routinely send PMs to new members welcoming them to the forums, pointing out the rules and where they can go for help. You are welcome to say hello to them, but please don't do our jobs for us.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Sinque Productions » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:40 pm

It doesn't seem like you guys are doing your job at all. I'm not going to go on about how I never got a PM, but I will say when a new member makes a post, someone from the forums almost always responds in a way that discourages the new member. This happened to me and except one person, all the new members that I have seen the first post of. Why do you think most members only one post? Sure, some people don't care, forget, or get bored, but a lot leave because the forum is unwelcoming, rude, and mean. Honestly, I'm amazed that I stayed after being attacked for unknowingly bumping a post. I you want to know where I got the idea to add "please stay", just find my first post and read what the attacker wrote.

And do you know how rude we are? I have seen experienced members tell people their post is hard to read, but said it very rudely.

But along time ago, people were kind agreeing and friendly. If they criticized others, they did it kindly and tried to make others not feel bad. I saw a post where someone told another they didn't agree, but their ideas were "viable and good". Look what you are doing, and look at what you could be doing.

So tell me. How am I doing your job if you can't do it yourself!?
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Addy's secret lair.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Ninja » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:It doesn't seem like you guys are doing your job at all. I'm not going to go on about how I never got a PM, but I will say when a new member makes a post, someone from the forums almost always responds in a way that discourages the new member. This happened to me and except one person, all the new members that I have seen the first post of. Why do you think most members only one post? Sure, some people don't care, forget, or get bored, but a lot leave because the forum is unwelcoming, rude, and mean. Honestly, I'm amazed that I stayed after being attacked for unknowingly bumping a post. I you want to know where I got the idea to add "please stay", just find my first post and read what the attacker wrote.


He said that they're doing their job, so you have to take their word for it. They are mods (and you're not), they decide how to do their own jobs. ;)

Also, RZ's comment on your first post was hardly an attack. He informed you of a rule that you needed to know; in fact, he even apologized after doing so (which is nicer than what I would have done, I know that). If new members are that sensitive to criticism, then they should grow thicker skin. I dealt with it when I came here, and they can too if they actually try. :roll:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Juice Box » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:It doesn't seem like you guys are doing your job at all. I'm not going to go on about how I never got a PM, but I will say when a new member makes a post, someone from the forums almost always responds in a way that discourages the new member. This happened to me and except one person, all the new members that I have seen the first post of. Why do you think most members only one post? Sure, some people don't care, forget, or get bored, but a lot leave because the forum is unwelcoming, rude, and mean. Honestly, I'm amazed that I stayed after being attacked for unknowingly bumping a post. I you want to know where I got the idea to add "please stay", just find my first post and read what the attacker wrote.

And do you know how rude we are? I have seen experienced members tell people their post is hard to read, but said it very rudely.

But along time ago, people were kind agreeing and friendly. If they criticized others, they did it kindly and tried to make others not feel bad. I saw a post where someone told another they didn't agree, but their ideas were "viable and good". Look what you are doing, and look at what you could be doing.

So tell me. How am I doing your job if you can't do it yourself!?


There's a difference between an insult and an opinion, or warning from shaming. If people can't differentiate the two and get offended when asked not to necro a thread, then it's not our mods' fault anymore.

And personally, the only people I've seen in these forums to be rude intentionally are me and Chimto, and we're neither frequent posters nor mods.

The three greenies we have right now, I've never seen a single one of them openly be "rude" against someone. They tell people to fix their posts' formatting or to avoid necros, but duh, they're mods, that's their job.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by AerisDraco » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:53 pm

We also offer life advice occasionally.

And, in all seriousness, this is likely one of the least toxic communities on the Internet. Compare to almost any other even popular-ish game forum, and the toxicity is likely higher.

And for the record, we don't necessarily send PMs, but we do greet and point toward the rules and stuff.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Ook ook » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:02 pm

When I joined the forums I was actually greeted very nicely :)
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Antarctica where the penguins live!

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by The Kingmaker » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:24 pm

I started a nuclear war when I joined. I was confused but glad that I had seemed to slip right in whisk BBB and Juice Box nuked each other
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:It doesn't seem like you guys are doing your job at all. I'm not going to go on about how I never got a PM, but I will say when a new member makes a post, someone from the forums almost always responds in a way that discourages the new member. This happened to me and except one person, all the new members that I have seen the first post of. Why do you think most members only one post? Sure, some people don't care, forget, or get bored, but a lot leave because the forum is unwelcoming, rude, and mean. Honestly, I'm amazed that I stayed after being attacked for unknowingly bumping a post. I you want to know where I got the idea to add "please stay", just find my first post and read what the attacker wrote.

And do you know how rude we are? I have seen experienced members tell people their post is hard to read, but said it very rudely.

But along time ago, people were kind agreeing and friendly. If they criticized others, they did it kindly and tried to make others not feel bad. I saw a post where someone told another they didn't agree, but their ideas were "viable and good". Look what you are doing, and look at what you could be doing.

So tell me. How am I doing your job if you can't do it yourself!?


This forum has been without mods for a long time, and the three of us were only recently appointed. Please allow some time for us to settle in and get used to doing what we need to do. I'm sorry that you didn't get a PM or any kind of 'nice' welcome message, but to be perfectly honest, if you had it would have included "your first post broke the rules, please read them" anyway, because it's the truth. Joining a forum is no excuse for not reading the rules. Most new members have been lurkers, so they know the rules are there.

Personally, I don't care if your grammar or formatting isn't very good. I know English isn't always a first language for people (heck, it's probably not for a number the Ironhide team) so your inconsistencies when it comes to writing don't rile me up. However, I will make a comment if I think it will make things easier for other users. If you made a long post that was all one solid block of text, without any paragraphs at all, then I would step in and encourage you to change it so people would be more inclined to read it. Txt Spk or ALL CAPS LOCK? Again, horrible and off putting, but the ocasional spelling error? Not a big deal.

And yes, some members are rude and as mods we should be dealing with that. Other members have issues with spelling and grammar and seem to make it their personal agenda to stomp it out. That's their choice, but if you think that's wrong or mean, then say something about it. Report it to a mod (it's what we're here for). But, as you don't have access to anyone Private Messages besides your own, how exactly can you say we're not doing our jobs? You don't know what we are doing as mods, so kindly do not assume that because you can't see it, it's not happening.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by magicmetal03 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:27 am

Yeah,when I came here,people was and still is very nice.

The mods and people we have now is nice and they welcome everyone in a polite manner.Your comments,SP,seems to be rude,and not apologizing after you talk,and you are not having any manners in any ways.So why are you arguing about manners when you really don't have any?

And about making posts,why don't you answer other posts that is still active?They are still having a conversation,so join them.
P-Pencil
Image

Mostly ded.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: In your brain.

Re: Not Enough Topic Posts!

by Sinque Productions » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:26 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:Yeah,when I came here,people was and still is very nice.

The mods and people we have now is nice and they welcome everyone in a polite manner.Your comments,SP,seems to be rude,and not apologizing after you talk,and you are not having any manners in any ways.So why are you arguing about manners when you really don't have any?

And about making posts,why don't you answer other posts that is still active?They are still having a conversation,so join them.


First, I have been busy so I can't complete my responses and I gave been having to save them into a draft, so sorry.

The thing is. a lot of posts aren't active. I don't normal go out of KR forums (which I'm trying to do now) so I make a post and realize there's nothing more to post on, so I make a post myself. This makes me uncomfortable, because I don't see any other posts going up.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Addy's secret lair.

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests