A fond farewell

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

A fond farewell

by The Kingmaker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:03 pm

No I'm not leaving, but I'm thinking of saying goodbye to one of the games

One of the few major downsides to my phone is its lack of storage. I've stored as much as I can on the cloud, but my phone is still crippled with a lack of free space.

Now, I still use Origins, and at the moment need Frontiers for help in testing, but as I can access the original Kingdom Rush on steam, where I have far more space, I would only be missing out on my ability to play parts of the game when I only have my phone, and I would still have Origins (and for as long as possible) Frontiers

Would there be any real downsides to deleting the original rush?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Re: A fond farewell

by Manijure » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:24 pm

If you have Kingdom Rush on Steam, then there really is no downside. Come to think of it, the Sunray Tower isn't available on mobile, so Steam has more of an upside. I guess not having your save file for mobile is a downside, but I figure you already got everything beat in both Steam and mobile.

I've had space issues on my phone a while ago to the point where I deleted all three Kingdom Rush games, but not before moving my save files into the cloud. I re-downloaded Origins a month ago, and re-downloaded Frontiers just a few days ago, and my save data is up and running. :)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Excellent! I have saved all three files to cloud and will ensure that they are before deleting Rush, and in due course when it is finished on steam and this issue inevitably rises again, Frontiers
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Well, you won't have access to the OP Gnome Shop items that let you get huge scores on Endless Mode, but since when has anyone cared about the futile Endless Mode, anyways? ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Well, if you've purchased heroes, then that may be a downside. Of course, if you're phone's storage is full, then that is obviously more important. I would delete something else, personally, but I imagine that you've already thought of that possibility and decided against it. ;)
:hero:
User

by TheLightBringer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Manijure wrote:If you have Kingdom Rush on Steam, then there really is no downside. Come to think of it, the Sunray Tower isn't available on mobile, so Steam has more of an upside.

Steam edition lacks the Sunray Tower as well. :cry:
User

by Rush the kingdom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Manijure wrote:If you have Kingdom Rush on Steam, then there really is no downside. Come to think of it, the Sunray Tower isn't available on mobile, so Steam has more of an upside. I guess not having your save file for mobile is a downside, but I figure you already got everything beat in both Steam and mobile.

I've had space issues on my phone a while ago to the point where I deleted all three Kingdom Rush games, but not before moving my save files into the cloud. I re-downloaded Origins a month ago, and re-downloaded Frontiers just a few days ago, and my save data is up and running. :)

Not to mention, *all heroes for free.* that's another upside.
For the kingdom!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Rush, this thread is two years old, there's nothing you can say that would be an influence to something that has long happened and been forgotten. Please make sure in future you don't bump old threads back up, check the Forum Rules if you haven't already.
Yes it's me