Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by magicmetal03 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:36 am

Ninja wrote:Last night, before going to bed, I checked the forums and I read a seemingly very strange user profile. The user's name was Cigumo, and he registered in June. However, he somehow has moderator status, which is extremely strange, and none of his 58 "posts" can be found by the forum search engine when you "view" them. I can't link to his profile for some reason, but the link can still be found on the moderator page. So, how in the world are any of these things possible and why does this user's profile look so fishy? Did he hack the forums?

Oh please! Can I answer?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Ninja » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:50 am

magicmetal03 wrote:
Ninja wrote:Last night, before going to bed, I checked the forums and I read a seemingly very strange user profile. The user's name was Cigumo, and he registered in June. However, he somehow has moderator status, which is extremely strange, and none of his 58 "posts" can be found by the forum search engine when you "view" them. I can't link to his profile for some reason, but the link can still be found on the moderator page. So, how in the world are any of these things possible and why does this user's profile look so fishy? Did he hack the forums?

Oh please! Can I answer?

It's fine by me, but TaTs has shown to not like it too much rather openly before, so I would wait. ;)
:hero:
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 am

magicmetal03 wrote:

Oh please! Can I answer?

Don't do it kid.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack boats on fire off the coast of Orion. I watched C-Mass beams glitter in the dark near the Dwaraman Gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to leave.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by magicmetal03 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:10 pm

If you can travel to places you haven't traveled before, where would you go?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 pm

How will Magnus react if he sees this guy
[+] SPOILER
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Nothing fishy here, Ninja old pal...
Cigumo (real name is Ciro) is the lead programmer from Kalio, and also an old friend of Alvaro, Pablo and Gonzalo (Ironhide's co-founders). He's been made a moderator of the Beta Testing Forum so he can arrange threads in a way that helps him to sort out fixed bugs, new bugs and so on. Since the Beta Testing forum is private, you can't see his posts unless you have access to it, which in your case in particular is not possible because you are still not testing anything (you said you wanted to wait for Iron Marines, if I recall correctly).

magicmetal03 wrote:If you can travel to places you haven't traveled before, where would you go?

Vietnam and/or Thailand.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:How will Magnus react if he sees this guy
[+] SPOILER

He would probably say:
"Dad? Is that you?"
:D
User

by Ninja » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm

The_TaTs wrote:(you said you wanted to wait for Iron Marines, if I recall correctly).

Indeed, I did. Thanks for the reply; I didn't consider him being possibly a Beta Tester or someone from the studio that you're working with. :)
:hero:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Do heroes know that they cant die permanently?
If so, do some of them abuse that fact?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Alric do?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Lynn do?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Reg'son do?
Of course someone like Gerald or Magnus probably won't abuse it, but maybe Eridan and Arivan can shamelessly spar with each other......
When a hero gets respawned does he/she have any recollection of what killed them? or do they just kinda have amnesia, suddenly appears right in the middle of battle and continues fighting without asking anything?
If a regular soldier witnesses a hero's demise in battle, will he be saddened by it? or will he just be like normal knowing the hero will respawn?
Will a hero eventually get tired of constantly dying in battle due to you not moving him? If so what will happen?
Why are there no horses in the entire KR series despite making perfect sense in the time setting?
Can you make it so that after you finish loading, make it so your view drops in from above (easily seen in Clash of Clans), because that gives a feel of presence and epicness.
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:22 pm

What inspired the name "Kingdom Rush"?
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:18 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Do heroes know that they cant die permanently?
If so, do some of them abuse that fact?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Alric do?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Lynn do?
If they do abuse that fact, what would Reg'son do?
Of course someone like Gerald or Magnus probably won't abuse it, but maybe Eridan and Arivan can shamelessly spar with each other......
When a hero gets respawned does he/she have any recollection of what killed them? or do they just kinda have amnesia, suddenly appears right in the middle of battle and continues fighting without asking anything?
If a regular soldier witnesses a hero's demise in battle, will he be saddened by it? or will he just be like normal knowing the hero will respawn?
Will a hero eventually get tired of constantly dying in battle due to you not moving him? If so what will happen?
Why are there no horses in the entire KR series despite making perfect sense in the time setting?
Can you make it so that after you finish loading, make it so your view drops in from above (easily seen in Clash of Clans), because that gives a feel of presence and epicness.

- Heroes can only be killed narratively. But they don't know this since they are not like Deadpool (they don't break the 4th wall).
- Probably. Not all heroes are nice.
- Nothing new. Alric already has a bit of a fearless thing going on.
- Lynn would probably be a bit disappointed... without the risk of death, fighting would never be the same.
- Reg'Son is a bit like a monk, he doesn't care much about death. Only about being.
- Eridan would be relieved to know Alleria can't die. Arivan would probably worry about the bad guys getting this ability themselves.
- In all truth, during a battle is not so much that Heroes die, as if they are temporarily wounded or knocked out.
- Again, you are mixing narrative and gameplay. :P
- If a hero got bored of dying it will probably start acting like Bill Murray in Groundhog day (if you haven't seen that movie, do it now).
- We haven't add horses yet because horses are hard to draw. :P
- Not a bad idea. :)

RaZoR LeAf wrote:What inspired the name "Kingdom Rush"?

Being practical. We needed a name that was easy to remember, so it had to be reasonably short, with words that everyone could understand.
We choose a word that conveyed the theme (medieval fantasy)... so "Kingdom" was perfect, and then we added a word that conveyed a sense of urgency or action... and "Rush" was more than serviceable for this.
I guess we were lucky that no one had used that combination before.
User

by PitNata » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Why did you let in the Kingdom Rush kill sheeps? There are already billions of sheeps killed in total by people.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Why and how do heroes get an instant burial if they are not actually dead?
will there be an IM hero using nerdy glasses?
will there be an IM hero using swaggy glasses?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:02 am

Aside from Denas and your ships, which heroes do you think have some sort of love life (be it with other heroes or an unmentioned character like Denas' wife)?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by casual_player » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:40 am

PitNata wrote:Why did you let in the Kingdom Rush kill sheeps? There are already billions of sheeps killed in total by people.

this
User

by Catzmeister » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:01 pm

When will there be a sheep herder hero :sheep:
User

About the artwork

by ThunderCrash » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:32 pm

How do the artists choose their color palette, so that your artwork has the same consistent vivid look and feel throughout?
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:46 pm

So, I've been conceiving characters for the world for this fantasy book I've never going to write, and I've been trying to think of a few thinks.

And, well one character's aesthetic (again, all in my head) is largely based on a Twilight Avenger, so I just have this:

Is the little... vaguely circular hook in their swords (and Reg'Son's) aesthetic, have a use based on real swords, or have a use based in the game's own reality.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm

PitNata wrote:Why did you let in the Kingdom Rush kill sheeps? There are already billions of sheeps killed in total by people.

It's a wink at Warcraft. In the original RTS saga, you could click on sheep until they exploded.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Why and how do heroes get an instant burial if they are not actually dead?
will there be an IM hero using nerdy glasses?
will there be an IM hero using swaggy glasses?

- Magic.
- Maybe
- Very unlikely.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Aside from Denas and your ships, which heroes do you think have some sort of love life (be it with other heroes or an unmentioned character like Denas' wife)?

Captain Blackthorne, Bruxa, Cronan, and Malik.

Catzmeister wrote:When will there be a sheep herder hero :sheep:

Maybe some day, when the sheep finally organise the revolt they been dreaming about. There's only so much exploding a sheep can endure silently.

ThunderCrash wrote:How do the artists choose their color palette, so that your artwork has the same consistent vivid look and feel throughout?

The decision on the color palette and general aesthetics is always up to the art lead, usually Gonzalo Sande... on Iron Marines, the art lead is Agustin Mastalli, he's been in the studio almost from the beginning and follows a visual line very similar to Gonzalo's.

The Kingmaker wrote:So, I've been conceiving characters for the world for this fantasy book I've never going to write, and I've been trying to think of a few thinks.

And, well one character's aesthetic (again, all in my head) is largely based on a Twilight Avenger, so I just have this:

Is the little... vaguely circular hook in their swords (and Reg'Son's) aesthetic, have a use based on real swords, or have a use based in the game's own reality.

Those kind of hooks in swords are usually used to lock an opponent's weapon during a block but in this case I think it was done mostly for visual flair.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:37 am

What's human technology is like in Iron Marines?
Efficient, Refined, and constantly advancing? Advanced but somewhat specialized and inneficient? somewhat crude? or is it a bit stagnant and humans have reached the peak of their technology, and prefers to use tried and true technology?
Has Alric ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
Has Eridan ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
Has Lynn ever been sick? How severe is it? What does she do when he is sick?
Has Reg'son ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
What if Alric is given the Twilight Avenger death animation ingame?
Does the Marines need to reload? (Reload individual magazines, pausing between bursts of fire doesn't exactly count)
If all heroes are put in a zombie apocalypse scenario, who will survive the longest?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:43 am

Are active religious figures in the KR universe allowed to have spouses? Like for instance, is Dierdre allowed to have a husband while still being an active priestess?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

PreviousNext