Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:23 am

On a scale of 1-10 ; with 1 being "What is the name origin of X?" and 10 being "If X was a type of food what colour bowl would they be served in?" ; how fed up are you with overly superfluous 'lore' questions?

Rhetorical question, it doesn't require an answer it's more of an observation.
Yes it's me

by GeminiSparkSP » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:57 pm

How fed up are you with people who are fed up with overly superfluous 'lore' questions?

Actual question. Please answer.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by PitNata » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Do anyone in your studio like playing RTS games, or they are more focused on playing puzzles?
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Do anybody in the IH studio have an instagram so that I could stalk them?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by PitNata » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 am

When you have free time, what you'd do?
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:22 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:What's human technology is like in Iron Marines?
Efficient, Refined, and constantly advancing? Advanced but somewhat specialized and inneficient? somewhat crude? or is it a bit stagnant and humans have reached the peak of their technology, and prefers to use tried and true technology?
Has Alric ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
Has Eridan ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
Has Lynn ever been sick? How severe is it? What does she do when he is sick?
Has Reg'son ever been sick? How severe is it? What does he do when he is sick?
What if Alric is given the Twilight Avenger death animation ingame?
Does the Marines need to reload? (Reload individual magazines, pausing between bursts of fire doesn't exactly count)
If all heroes are put in a zombie apocalypse scenario, who will survive the longest?

- Humans are advanced, somewhat efficient and always moving forward.
- Alric once got a fever, but the fever got scared of him and ran away.
- Eridan is lovesick. It's quite severe.
- Lynn has never been sick, except when she hears Catha talking about Eridan...
- Reg'Son has never been sick.
- What about it?
- Marines do need to reload.
- BoneHeart. Obviously. (He is already dead, so...)

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Are active religious figures in the KR universe allowed to have spouses? Like for instance, is Dierdre allowed to have a husband while still being an active priestess?

Mmm... never thought about it. It would depend on the religion. Just like in the real world, not all religions demand celibacy.

RaZoR LeAf wrote:On a scale of 1-10 ; with 1 being "What is the name origin of X?" and 10 being "If X was a type of food what colour bowl would they be served in?" ; how fed up are you with overly superfluous 'lore' questions?

Rhetorical question, it doesn't require an answer it's more of an observation.

Potato.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:How fed up are you with people who are fed up with overly superfluous 'lore' questions?

Actual question. Please answer.

Not much.
;)

PitNata wrote:Do anyone in your studio like playing RTS games, or they are more focused on playing puzzles?

We have 30 people in the studio. So preferences can vary a lot. However, I'm under the impression that most of us like RTS games.

magicmetal03 wrote:Do anybody in the IH studio have an instagram so that I could stalk them?

Nope. Sorry.

PitNata wrote:When you have free time, what you'd do?

"Free Time".... hahahah... good one.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Why do they still use bolt action rifles in Iron Marines? (CoughUpgradestoSemiAutosCough?)
Why in Iron Marines (and in some other futuristic space settings) humans use bipedal mechas instead of just the usual tanks and armored vehicles, its not like the mechs are just flat out better right?
Where did Alric acquire his sword?
Where did Alric get his armor?
Where did Lynn get her blade forged?
Where did Eridan get his bow and twin swords? (i would guess that it is standard issue with the bow, but the blades?)
How many daggers is Mirage holding up?
Why do you need to buy fat boys if the dwarves produce it?
Why do you need to buy orbital strikes if you have a fleet waiting in orbit dropping sentry guns and teleporting replacements for you?
How do heroes use hero spells if they are dead?
Because it looks cooler than the 'standard' death animation.
Has Cpt. Tanguins ever been sick? how severe was it? what did he do?
Has Kara ever been sick? how severe was it? what did she do?
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by ucg » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:53 am

hello i really enjoy your games

i needed help with a problem i was having

i sent 2 emails first one a month ago and still have not received a reply :yey:
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:00 pm

TaTs, I could use your opinion. What do you think about my concept here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26354

In fact, what does the lore guy in the studio think about it?
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 pm

What is your opinions on the forum being nearly dead because of Discord?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:26 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:What is your opinions on the forum being nearly dead because of Discord?

Wait, Ironhide has a Discord?
User

by Manijure » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm

This question may have been asked before, but what is your approach in building the story for KR4, considering it takes place after Frontiers? Will you go into depth like you guys did for Origins, or will the story be more simple like in the original KR?
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Manijure » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:16 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:
magicmetal03 wrote:What is your opinions on the forum being nearly dead because of Discord?

Wait, Ironhide has a Discord?

Indeed there is. Here's the permanent invite link if you're interested: https://discord.gg/7JVq9A9
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:55 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Why do they still use bolt action rifles in Iron Marines? (CoughUpgradestoSemiAutosCough?)
Why in Iron Marines (and in some other futuristic space settings) humans use bipedal mechas instead of just the usual tanks and armored vehicles, its not like the mechs are just flat out better right?
Where did Alric acquire his sword?
Where did Alric get his armor?
Where did Lynn get her blade forged?
Where did Eridan get his bow and twin swords? (i would guess that it is standard issue with the bow, but the blades?)
How many daggers is Mirage holding up?
Why do you need to buy fat boys if the dwarves produce it?
Why do you need to buy orbital strikes if you have a fleet waiting in orbit dropping sentry guns and teleporting replacements for you?
How do heroes use hero spells if they are dead?
Because it looks cooler than the 'standard' death animation.
Has Cpt. Tanguins ever been sick? how severe was it? what did he do?
Has Kara ever been sick? how severe was it? what did she do?

- To convey the idea that they are "sniper rifles" to people what is not very weapon savvy.
- If you have to ask "why mechas?"... then I have to reply "because Mechas are the most awesome thing ever, period".
- Alric uses a common sword, he simply picked up from barrack, like any other soldier.
- Alric armour is special, made by the master smiths from his tribe... a knowledge now lost forever, since Alric is the only one left.
- Lynn's sword was a gift from Baj'Nimen... she killed him with that very sword at the end of "Bittering Rancor". The sword was forged by the old Twilight blacksmiths, using a bit of dark magic.
- Both the bow and the blades are just standard issue for elven rangers. Eridan is all about skill and training, not items. ;)
- No one dares to ask.
- Fat Boys are produced by a private guild of dwarven weaponsmiths that are not part of the alliance between the Dwarven Kingdom and Linierea... so, in order to get their goods, you have to pay for them.
- Orbital Strikes uses a very limited resource that is also necessary for other things, so if you want to overspend it on one single attack... you better cough up some credits for it... budget and military operations are always tricky.
- A decision of gameplay over narrative. Losing the Hero spell every time your Hero dies would be a tremendous handicap and would mess up balance quite a bit.
- Taguins had the flu a few times... he takes lemmon tea with ginseng.
- Kara has hangovers that are only beaten with bacon.

ucg wrote:hello i really enjoy your games

i needed help with a problem i was having

i sent 2 emails first one a month ago and still have not received a reply :yey:

Oh... Sorry for not replying. Maybe your emails went to the Spam folder... I'll double check right away.

You can also write to me at <[email protected]>.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:TaTs, I could use your opinion. What do you think about my concept here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26354

In fact, what does the lore guy in the studio think about it?

Oooh... Origin stories!

This is very good.

Things have a natural flow. This is a forum for people that likes our games... but it's been almost 2 years since our last release, and over a year since our last update with new levels. Once our previous games have been discussed to exhaustion, what's left is to talk about other stuff, things you are experiencing, stuff that you like or dislike, you don't need this forum to do this...
And, this is one of the things I love the most about this forum and this community, you guys are still talking to each other. Chat makes things much more dynamic, and the only reasons why I don't hang out in Discord all that much is because a) I get too distracted or b) Can't be connected during the hours of most activity.

Then there's also the fact that this forum is a bit outdated and a major overhaul is kinda needed at this point. (Delebru explored some options earlier this year but they were too expensive).

As soon as the Beta for Iron Marines, KR4 and Mystery ProjectX are made official, the forum will recover some activity, specially because we use the bug reports and suggestion threads as a backlog... Discord is very cool, but is not ideal for this.

Manijure wrote:This question may have been asked before, but what is your approach in building the story for KR4, considering it takes place after Frontiers? Will you go into depth like you guys did for Origins, or will the story be more simple like in the original KR?

It will be a middle point between the two. It won't be as simple as the original KR, but it will be more lighthearted than Origins, which might cause the impression that there isn't much dept in the story. :)
User

by SealDarklight » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:14 pm

What would you think myself as a hero and would i break the game?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8122&p=93687#p93687
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:30 am

You know someone that isn't weapon savvy may just consider any gun with a longer than average barrel and a scope to be a sniper rifle, but still maybe because the extra detail in the rechambering animation is just nice
Since the 2 militias carrying Denas seems to be the toughest militias in the Kingdom (both in terms of their ability to carry Denas and to withstand almost 10x the damage of a regular militia) are they the 2 militias featured in the KR comic?
Well.............Mechs are awesome, but inneficient. a tank can carry the same kind of firepower, but is faster, harder to hit, doesn't need to sluggishly turn the entire thing around if something comes from the other side (it can simply rotate the turret), and better protected (because the operator isn't in a plexiglass cabin)
However, as a counterpoint, tanks have the eternal problem of "Tread Broken! We are Stuck!"
In Iron Marines does your fleet that's waiting in orbit have a space battle being fought at the same time?
what's the age of the average common militia?
If all humanoid heroes are put into a zombie apocalypse scenario who would survive the longest?
Why do the heroes' eyes glow??
Where and how did Alric get his perfect haircut?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Mechas, at least in theory, have better mobility over rough terrain.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:16 pm

well, until you consider how much more power the mech would need to move at the same speed as a tank
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:well, until you consider how much more power the mech would need to move at the same speed as a tank

Until you consider it's Science Fiction, so whatever they say goes because that's how fiction works.

Now let's please leave superfluous comments and go back to only asking questions.
Yes it's me

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Well in the realms of science fiction, since its possible to make a powerplant powerful enough to make a mech move at least at a decent speed, then its not that bad of an idea, but a tank is still more efficient :) tankgoodness
(also what if the mech topples?)
User

PreviousNext