Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by RZRider » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:20 am

The_TaTs wrote:
RZRider wrote:What proggraming languages have the capability to make ipad/iphone games?

Tons.
ObjectiveC, Swift (are Apple's native code), C or C++ (it's a classic), C# or Java (are not so commonly used). There are more.

Are you planning to make games in iOS? [quote="The_TaTs"]

Yes, that has always been my favorite platform, until I make the WAMagram.( a platform that I though of in the past.) I made a very simple game in scratch when I was 6-7 and I loved it, but it was on computer and the graphics where crap, So I am going to make a new and improved version of that.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by GeminiSparkSP » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:29 pm

With how tight-lipped you are about this mystery project, I'm starting to suspect that it's literally the title of the game. Like, we have KR4, Iron Marines, and Mystery Project: The Game. Can you clarify?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Pencil » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 pm

The game's gonna be a prequel to Mystery Project: The Game 2 : Electric Boogaloo

(Can't tell you anything, I'm sorry!)
Ironhide Developer

by TheLightBringer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:50 pm

I dont know if anyone asked this before, I havent the guts to go through all the pages, but

Will there be anymore Kingdom Rush after 4? :D
DARE YOU NOT SAY NO :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
User

by Pencil » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Negative?

I'm kidding we have like no clue.
Ironhide Developer

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Pencil wrote:Negative?

Actually, Tats said that as long as KR was still a successful franchise, more games would keep being made. If the team has since changed their minds and consider KR 4 to be a good possible end to the series, then that raises my hype for the game even more. :D
BBB

by TheLightBringer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 pm

on what hours you work?
do you work also from home?
User

by Rurin » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Lord Malagar has the quote, "The cake is a lie!" So my question is this, is he referencing portal, or Vez'nan's quote "You will be baked, and then there will be cake"?

Also where did Malagar come from? Was he a soldier at the battle at the Dark Tower? Or was he Vez'nan's apprentice? And why didn't Denas's soldiers search for the tear and destroy it?
Dungeons deep and caverns old.
User

by Oof_Shunt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Wrath of Elynie = protoss mass purification thing?????
(not that I play Starcraft)(I've tried it tho)

Also, so did someone especially like fairytales?
(Catha's a pixie, the Grimm Fairy Tales references, bandersnatch, the 'Unseelie Court' etc)

Also, t-shirts?

Also, alien ninja thingies sneak peek???

:hero: :hero: :hero:

Stay awesome
User

by bolin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:40 am

Rurin wrote:Lord Malagar has the quote, "The cake is a lie!" So my question is this, is he referencing portal, or Vez'nan's quote "You will be baked, and then there will be cake"?

They are both referencing Portal.

TheLightBringer wrote:on what hours you work?
do you work also from home?

Most people do 9 to 18, though some work less hours so they´ll do 9 - whatever.
Ocassionally someone will take stuff to do at home, it´s pretty much up to them. I´d say it is uncommon.
Ironhide Developer

by Pencil » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Pencil wrote:Negative?

Actually, Tats said that as long as KR was still a successful franchise, more games would keep being made. If the team has since changed their minds and consider KR 4 to be a good possible end to the series, then that raises my hype for the game even more. :D

Thing is, you can't know how well KR4 is gonna be received. Maybe tower defense games say something racist in 2017 or sth and KR4 gets the shaft - there's nothing really planned after that point.
Ironhide Developer

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Would it be right to suggest things for the Great Rebalancing during the testing so they could be easily implemented?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:No biggie, Tats. :) Oh, so it's not a consideration for Iron Marines, then?

Memory space intrigues me. What issues have the team run into with it in past games? How were the problems solved?

We usually take this aspect into account from the very beginning, so we never had to fix it. But whenever something become too demanding for a low hardware spec device (like certain Android devices), we inevitably cut on frames so the game can run smoothly. The differences between an iPad HD version and a low hardware spec Android version are very noticeable.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:With how tight-lipped you are about this mystery project, I'm starting to suspect that it's literally the title of the game. Like, we have KR4, Iron Marines, and Mystery Project: The Game. Can you clarify?

We can't clarify, sorry. I'm always tempted to overshare information and if there is one thing I've learned with Iron Marines is that it's better to be careful with our announcements. :)

We'll share info on Mystery Project X when we are ready and not a moment sooner.

TheLightBringer wrote:I dont know if anyone asked this before, I havent the guts to go through all the pages, but

Will there be anymore Kingdom Rush after 4? :D
DARE YOU NOT SAY NO :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Kingdom Rush is a franchise. The name itself has enough weight to help the sales during launch. And the games are not narrative driven so we can't drive ourselves to a corner.
We will probably keep making KR games for as long as they remain a comercial success, while at the same time we use the revenue from this franchise to fund our other projects. I think is a good arrangement.

Oof_Shunt wrote:Wrath of Elynie = protoss mass purification thing?????
(not that I play Starcraft)(I've tried it tho)

Also, so did someone especially like fairytales?
(Catha's a pixie, the Grimm Fairy Tales references, bandersnatch, the 'Unseelie Court' etc)

Also, t-shirts?

Also, alien ninja thingies sneak peek???

:hero: :hero: :hero:

Stay awesome

Wrath of Elyne = Big Boy from previous KR games... but we wanted to distance ourselves from the ominous WWII reference and use something more elvish.

We already shown alien ninjas, but people couldn't see it. ;)

The Kingmaker wrote:Would it be right to suggest things for the Great Rebalancing during the testing so they could be easily implemented?

No Great Rebalancing for the time being. I've pushed hard for this, but truth to be told, time is short and it's more important to clear the bugs from KRF and finish Iron Marines than it is to rebalance our old games.
Rebalancing takes a ton of time.
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Of course, but I mean some points for Frontiers in particular? Just changing a couple of damage numbers while testing is still going on - hell we could even test it.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Good, now that my previous question was answered, I can ask another one! :hero:

What do you think has been the biggest lesson about being a game design studio that the team has learned over the years since starting?
BBB

by Mushmellow » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks for answering my previous question... :D

Who is your favorite hero in KR (All games)? And why?
User

by RZRider » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:17 am

Will you ever do a hero is born again except with a mini campaign instead of a hero?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:54 am

RZRider wrote:Will you ever do a hero is born again except with a mini campaign instead of a hero?

Specifically, one for Dragon Throne. 8-)
BBB

by Finwer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
RZRider wrote:Will you ever do a hero is born again except with a mini campaign instead of a hero?

Specifically, one for Dragon Throne. 8-)

:o OMG YES! :o
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by FastAndBlast » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 am

When is the Project X be released? :?:
Also have u ever considered making a tower defence but backwards so that u r the attacking side? :)

Thank You upfront! :)
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

PreviousNext