Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by Juice Box » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Taaaaaaaaatss!!

BBB is tryn ship me with him, but he's too ugly and I'm too h<3t and it doesn't worrrrk!

Make him stop cuz iunt wannaaaaaaa ;-------;
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:02 am

So sad seeing poor militias getting murdered 24/7 :(
did you get mixed up on the third issue of the KR Comic? because in that one Cathal has the archers and Emmet fights on episode 3.
[+] SPOILER

Cathal is supposed to represent the archers and emmet represents the barracks, right? (note i dont have the comics its from the wiki, so maybe wiki got it wrong....)
also where can you get the comic if you dont have an apple device?
How does one be considered a hero? i mean a warrior joining from the enemy faction like Lynn or Reg'son can become a hero overnight, while professional soldiers fighting for i dont know how long doesn't?
In Iron Marines, how does the human capital ships look like?
also does the aliens have space ships? or are they just a species belonging to that planet?
Why did the first elven city get abandoned?
So heroes cant 'permanently' die ?
do we have a gunship-esque (AC 130) unit in Iron Marines? (because since CoD 4 and that Death from Above mission im kinda obsessed with AC130, Predator Missiles, etc.)
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by FastAndBlast » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:24 am

Is there ANY pixel art ( could be a reference ) in any of your games? :)
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:31 am

Juice Box wrote:Taaaaaaaaatss!!

BBB is tryn ship me with him, but he's too ugly and I'm too h<3t and it doesn't worrrrk!

Make him stop cuz iunt wannaaaaaaa ;-------;

Last time I checked, Goddesses do not plead.
And how could I help? Even though my wisdom, age and powers defy the comprehension of most other men... I am but a mere mortal myself.
Still, I cannot refuse. My magic has already worked to fix this.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:So sad seeing poor militias getting murdered 24/7 :(
did you get mixed up on the third issue of the KR Comic? because in that one Cathal has the archers and Emmet fights on episode 3.
[+] SPOILER

Cathal is supposed to represent the archers and emmet represents the barracks, right? (note i dont have the comics its from the wiki, so maybe wiki got it wrong....)
also where can you get the comic if you dont have an apple device?
How does one be considered a hero? i mean a warrior joining from the enemy faction like Lynn or Reg'son can become a hero overnight, while professional soldiers fighting for i dont know how long doesn't?
In Iron Marines, how does the human capital ships look like?
also does the aliens have space ships? or are they just a species belonging to that planet?
Why did the first elven city get abandoned?
So heroes cant 'permanently' die ?
do we have a gunship-esque (AC 130) unit in Iron Marines? (because since CoD 4 and that Death from Above mission im kinda obsessed with AC130, Predator Missiles, etc.)

- The comic has quite a few errors.
- I'll see if I can share those comics somewhere.
- You get to be a Hero by chance, recommendation and skill.
- Is not designed yet. O_O
- Aliens do have spaceships and other means of transportation.
- Because it smelled of swamp.
- No. It's a blessing and a curse.
- Not yet. But it might be included.

FastAndBlast wrote:Is there ANY pixel art ( could be a reference ) in any of your games? :)

I don't think we have any pixel art, not even in easter eggs... odd.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:33 am

Top 5 bosses and why?
BBB

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:59 am

So you're gonna share the comics ??? :)
what is the form of the human government in Iron Marines?
Democratic federation? An Empire? A King....errr i mean Monarchy?
What does Alric do when he is not in battle? (well i can just ask what do heroes do when not in battle but then you will just answer 'daily activities' or something like that)
So the Iron Marines is sort of.....Search and Rescue with guns? or is it more like a big hostage rescue team?
What is the most beautifully lethal, smooth, elegant, versatile, and reliable gun you think that exists now?
how does the good guys regenerate health so quick but most of the bad guys dont?
does the other staff at Ironhide knows about the whole shipping thing going on in the forums? what are their reactions?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User

by FastAndBlast » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:01 am

Why isnt Pencil on the IronHide Team Page? :|
User

by The Propellord » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:00 am

I feel as though you have this sign on the door of your company building. :D

*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by SealDarklight » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Why do Militia and Footmen have Sticks as their weapons? were they too cheap to use because real swords were expensive? Why do Templars use Giant Swords? isnt it too big for them and couldnt they instead use smaller one (Not way smaller).
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Top 5 bosses and why?

Vez'Nan. Because reaching and defeating him was a true accomplishment the the original KR was first released.
Vez'Nan. Because he is the original OG from the series.
Vez'Nan. Because he is full of love.
Vez'Nan. Because he is everywhere.
Vez'Nan. Because if I chose any other he'll roast my butt.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:So you're gonna share the comics ??? :)
what is the form of the human government in Iron Marines?
Democratic federation? An Empire? A King....errr i mean Monarchy?
What does Alric do when he is not in battle? (well i can just ask what do heroes do when not in battle but then you will just answer 'daily activities' or something like that)
So the Iron Marines is sort of.....Search and Rescue with guns? or is it more like a big hostage rescue team?
What is the most beautifully lethal, smooth, elegant, versatile, and reliable gun you think that exists now?
how does the good guys regenerate health so quick but most of the bad guys dont?
does the other staff at Ironhide knows about the whole shipping thing going on in the forums? what are their reactions?

- Is sort of a Federation.
- When Alric is not in battle he is brooding somewhere.
- The Iron Marines are soldiers. They belong to the army. But the parameters of their mission is Search and Rescue. Humans are kinda done fighting each other.
- Indifference.
- Good health coverage.
- They don't know. Really, they don't have the time for this right now. :|

FastAndBlast wrote:Why isnt Pencil on the IronHide Team Page? :|

Not only Pencil is missing from that page. I was the 17th person to enter Ironhide, and we are at 28 right now.
We are finishing the new official Webpage and then we'll update all the profiles. :)

The Propellord wrote:I feel as though you have this sign on the door of your company building. :D

[+] SPOILER

Except for the fact that our programmers are actually tough and they silently and stoically push forward. Think more of oarsmen from a viking boat.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 pm

What does Eridan do when he is not in battle?
What does Reg'son do when he is not in battle?
What does Lynn do when he is not in battle?
What does Mirage do when he is not in battle? (im assuming taking assassination contracts, actually...yeah...)
How does Alric's face look like?
What do you think about the new sig?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by Finwer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:09 am

FeedDaKingdom wrote:What does Mirage do when he is not in battle? (im assuming taking assassination contracts, actually...yeah...)

We Doto now: https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2. ... ins_01.mp3
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 am

What did you eat for breakfast yesterday?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Manijure » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:06 am

So I was on YouTube watching IH's official trailer for Frontiers on Steam, and I noticed someone in the comments section. He was expressing his frustration that many users will be buying Frontiers "twice" because they thought Frontiers wouldn't ever be released on the PC according to a formal letter you wrote to the fans a while ago.

Now, I have a Steam account, but I don't plan on getting Frontiers there; mobile is enough for me. However, I am curious: how would you respond to that person and others mad that they were, quote on quote, deceived?

Don't worry TaTs, I'm still a loyal fan. You can count on that. :)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by FastAndBlast » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 am

Do any of you play DOTA 2?
If yes:
What's your favorite hero?
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 am

Yes, havent found one i sux with all of them.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:11 am

What do Elves in KR normally eat? Also, what's Eridan's favorite food?
BBB

by The_TaTs » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:15 am

SealDarklight wrote:Why do Militia and Footmen have Sticks as their weapons? were they too cheap to use because real swords were expensive? Why do Templars use Giant Swords? isnt it too big for them and couldnt they instead use smaller one (Not way smaller).

The first militia you use are not supposed to be real soldiers yet, just simple civilians using very basic weapons. Templars use giant swords because giant swords are awesome.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:What does Eridan do when he is not in battle?
What does Reg'son do when he is not in battle?
What does Lynn do when he is not in battle?
What does Mirage do when he is not in battle? (im assuming taking assassination contracts, actually...yeah...)
How does Alric's face look like?
What do you think about the new sig?

- He trains, tries to be cool in front of Alleria (with mixed success), bickers with his brother and rehearses his excuses to miss family dinners (he always ends up going though)
- Trains, meditate, intimidate rookies just for fun.
- Trains, sharpen her sword, hexes rookies just for fun.
- No one knows. She is, after all, a master assassin.
- He is tremendously similar to Kakashi Hatake from the manga Naruto.
- It's a bit on the big side... I might have to limit the size of these things. It's also hilarious, of course.

magicmetal03 wrote:What did you eat for breakfast yesterday?

Coffee and sadness.

Manijure wrote:So I was on YouTube watching IH's official trailer for Frontiers on Steam, and I noticed someone in the comments section. He was expressing his frustration that many users will be buying Frontiers "twice" because they thought Frontiers wouldn't ever be released on the PC according to a formal letter you wrote to the fans a while ago.

Now, I have a Steam account, but I don't plan on getting Frontiers there; mobile is enough for me. However, I am curious: how would you respond to that person and others mad that they were, quote on quote, deceived?

Don't worry TaTs, I'm still a loyal fan. You can count on that. :)

This was my reply to that:
Hi Andrei... while I sort of understand your frustration... we never said "Frontiers is not coming out on PC"... we said "We are not going to release Origins on PC" and we never said it was about money. The problem is lack of time. We can only do a few things at the same time, and we didn't want to re-code an entire game for the sixth time. We wanted to make something new... like Iron Marines, or KR4.
Also... a vast number of our PC fans complained because they do not play the game on mobile... so, no, we are not maliciously planning to sell the game twice. We just want to have our games on PC and we finally found a way to do it.
And finally, we are taking a bit of a risk here. This is a somewhat old game, that people can already play for free on Flash. We find hard to see how we could "force" people into buying a game twice... we simply hope that, if you don't play the mobile version, or you only played with the basic heroes, you might want to play this version. No one is being forced to do anything here. That's all.

We've never said that we do things flawlessly. We've made several mistakes in the past. Heck... I'm kinda hoping that the whole writing the Love Letter to PC fans is a major mistake because we might eventually end up doing the damn Steam version for Origins. That will be a day when I'll happily eat my own words (I've been pushing for PC version of our games since the very moment I started working on this studio).
But this I can say... NO ONE in Ironhide has cuestionable morals, or a disregard for the fan base. Founding a game studio might be relatively simple, making it endure his super hard. Sometimes there are things that seem impossible to do or tremendously ill-advised. And then, technology changes, or a trusted studio comes with a good deal, or we finally reach an economical comfort zone that allow us to take risks... and we can change our minds on things that it was impossible to predict a few years before.

FastAndBlast wrote:Do any of you play DOTA 2?
If yes:
What's your favorite hero?

I think Pencil plays or used to... I'll check with him later.

Big Bad Bug wrote:What do Elves in KR normally eat? Also, what's Eridan's favorite food?

I imagine they'll probably like light and refined foods. But they are also hunters. Eridan's favorite food are apples, he loves to pick them by shooting arrows at them from impossible distances.
User

by FastAndBlast » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:30 am

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Yes, havent found one i sux with all of them.

Easiest one is probably Riki if you want to start because he is just simply invisible the enteir game and the only way the opponent can kill you is by vision or your own flaws 8-)
User

by FastAndBlast » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:40 am

What was your favourite question in this thread? :P
User

PreviousNext