Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Can any of the heroes swim??
Can Alric swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Can Eridan swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Can Lynn swim? what is her reaction when entering water?
Can Reg'son swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Will there be unit promotion in Iron Marines?
i.e. when a particular squad of marines gets a lot of kills, they get certain stat bonuses. But if they die and you train a new squad, those bonuses are gone.
Who is the Elven Queen? Can we expect to see her in the next KR?
Are you checking out the hero design contest going on? which one you like the most? (or maybe dont reveal it.......but no harm in asking right?)
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Lord of all evil » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:58 am

-Will KR4 be similar, in terms of gameplay mechanics and graphics to KRO, or will it add a new dimension of gameplay i.e. Hero spells, special towers, minigames, new upgrade tree etc that aren't already in past games?
- Do you sometimes take community/ beta tester ideas seriously, or are they more of a fan-fic reading pleasure?

Two questions in response to the previous reply
User

by magicmetal03 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Why do oranges roll, but they don't walk?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Can any of the heroes swim??
Can Alric swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Can Eridan swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Can Lynn swim? what is her reaction when entering water?
Can Reg'son swim? what is his reaction when entering water?
Will there be unit promotion in Iron Marines?
i.e. when a particular squad of marines gets a lot of kills, they get certain stat bonuses. But if they die and you train a new squad, those bonuses are gone.
Who is the Elven Queen? Can we expect to see her in the next KR?
Are you checking out the hero design contest going on? which one you like the most? (or maybe dont reveal it.......but no harm in asking right?)

- Yes
- Yes, he gets wet
- Same as above
- Same as above
- Same as above
- I don't think there'll be unit promotion, sorry.
- I've been pushing to include the Elven Queen in KRO for quite some time now.
- Sorry, I didn't saw the contest yet. :V

Lord of all evil wrote:-Will KR4 be similar, in terms of gameplay mechanics and graphics to KRO, or will it add a new dimension of gameplay i.e. Hero spells, special towers, minigames, new upgrade tree etc that aren't already in past games?
- Do you sometimes take community/ beta tester ideas seriously, or are they more of a fan-fic reading pleasure?

Two questions in response to the previous reply

- We'll change a few things, but the core mechanic will remain (place towers in certain spots to stop enemies from advancing through a set path). Tower types, powers and units will all be done slightly different than before.

- We do take some some ideas seriously. :)

magicmetal03 wrote:Why do oranges roll, but they don't walk?

Because of unicorns. Obviously.
User

by Finwer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Will we get beta testing for the upcoming updates of KRF Steam?

Any other non-game releated projects the company is working on right now? Like those t-shirts? Just curious :D
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 am

Will there be unit abilites in Iron Marines?
How does Alric respond to......being headshotted? (running out of ideas lol)
How does Eridan respond to being headshotted?
How does Reg'son respond to being headshotted?
How does Lynn respond to being headshotted?
How will Gerald react if i do this.....
[+] SPOILER

If i am going to camp with the local friendly National Military what can i expect?
Can we play any other factions than humans in Iron Marines?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

by Hubertus » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Will KRF steam (and maybe KR steam) eventually include the endless levels?
I saw the post explaining why KR steam didnt have the endless level, but i didn't understand it. I get that without the gnome shop endless mode will be harder, but in my opinion that doesn't matter. You will still have fun playing the game and you will get more play time.
For this is a cruel world, but also an exceptionally beautyfull one. -Mikasa Ackerman-
User

by magicmetal03 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Why do humans don't fly?
Why the cold never bothered me?
Why do I want to build a snowman?
How do Alric spawn sand warriors?
Why do Saurians have good technology?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:56 pm

What would be the first things you do if you were appointed as Ruler of Linirea?

Also, most enemies in the KR series have a weird method of dealing melee damage. If I move a hero from melee while an enemy is in the middle of combat, then the timing for the enemy's attack doesn't reset. So, if a Twilight Golem takes 2 seconds to attack and there's half a second before it's about to deal damage when I move Durax out of the way, the next enemy that the Twilight Golem attacks will receive damage in half a second rather than 2, and the animation and sound effect will try to match and end up looking/sounding glitchy. Could you ask the animators or programmers if this was an intentional design choice for balance or just a glitch? If was intentional, I'm curious about why. :)
BBB

by Lord of all evil » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Tats
Would you rather

Enter a KR themed VR for infinite time?
Be submerged in pizza paradise for infinite time?

By the way, what do you guys like to eat other than pizza
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Finwer wrote:Will we get beta testing for the upcoming updates of KRF Steam?

Any other non-game releated projects the company is working on right now? Like those t-shirts? Just curious :D

We are trying to figure out how to give Beta access for a game that is already released.

T-shirts are doing great. We are almost done with the designs and setting up a store in Amazon... hopefully we'll have it ready soon and we will finally be able to send a "get well" package to RaZorLeaf. :)

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Will there be unit abilites in Iron Marines?
How does Alric respond to......being headshotted? (running out of ideas lol)
How does Eridan respond to being headshotted?
How does Reg'son respond to being headshotted?
How does Lynn respond to being headshotted?
How will Gerald react if i do this.....
[+] SPOILER

If i am going to camp with the local friendly National Military what can i expect?
Can we play any other factions than humans in Iron Marines?

- Units won't have special abilities.
- He dies.
- He dies and then he gets very angry.
- She outstares the bullet, forcing it to change trajectory.
- He'll be tremendously confused.
- No idea... Probably tons of people able to help you if you can't set up your own tent.
- Sadly no. But maybe we'll be able to make it happen in the next one?

Hubertus wrote:Will KRF steam (and maybe KR steam) eventually include the endless levels?
I saw the post explaining why KR steam didnt have the endless level, but i didn't understand it. I get that without the gnome shop endless mode will be harder, but in my opinion that doesn't matter. You will still have fun playing the game and you will get more play time.

- Don't know. Some of us are pushing for this, but devoting time to the Endless levels means not making other things. So it's not an easy decision.

magicmetal03 wrote:Why do humans don't fly?

- Wrong thread for this question.
- Same as above
- Same as above
- Using magic fuelled by his desire for vengeance
- Because they study hard at school

magicmetal03 wrote:Why do humans don't fly?

-Wrong thread to ask this.
- Same as above
- Same as above
- He uses magic fuelled by his desire for vengeance
- They study really hard at school.

Big Bad Bug wrote:What would be the first things you do if you were appointed as Ruler of Linirea?

Also, most enemies in the KR series have a weird method of dealing melee damage. If I move a hero from melee while an enemy is in the middle of combat, then the timing for the enemy's attack doesn't reset. So, if a Twilight Golem takes 2 seconds to attack and there's half a second before it's about to deal damage when I move Durax out of the way, the next enemy that the Twilight Golem attacks will receive damage in half a second rather than 2, and the animation and sound effect will try to match and end up looking/sounding glitchy. Could you ask the animators or programmers if this was an intentional design choice for balance or just a glitch? If was intentional, I'm curious about why. :)

I would invest on minefields.
I can ask. Might not get an answer right away though. :V

Lord of all evil wrote:Tats
Would you rather

Enter a KR themed VR for infinite time?
Be submerged in pizza paradise for infinite time?

By the way, what do you guys like to eat other than pizza

I already live on pizza paradise, so your question is nulled. :P

We eat pretty much everything. Some of us eat really healthy, others prefer junk food... a few of us (myself included) alternate a bit between healthy, junk food, and homemade food. Pizza is rarely an option, except sometimes on birthdays. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Tats, do you realize that by nullifying someone's post, you've just increased your coolness levels by 10? (Although, infinity plus 10 is still infinity, so you couldn't notice. :D (I think I just answered my own question. :? ))

Anyways, you mentioned healthy food, junk food, and homemade food. What qualities does the food made at your house have that makes it separate from both the healthy and unhealthy categories? :shock:
BBB

by Hubertus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 pm

1) OMG, i got a response :yey: :yey:
2) I understand, but I will keep hoping for endless.
For this is a cruel world, but also an exceptionally beautyfull one. -Mikasa Ackerman-
User

by Ninja » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:32 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Tats, do you realize that by nullifying someone's post, you've just increased your coolness levels by 10? (Although, infinity plus 10 is still infinity, so you couldn't notice. :D (I think I just answered my own question. :? ))

Don't worry, your post is nullified as well because you placed another parenthesis inside of your original parenthesis rather than using brackets, so all is well. ;)
:hero:
User

by Finwer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:28 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Finwer wrote:Will we get beta testing for the upcoming updates of KRF Steam?

We are trying to figure out how to give Beta access for a game that is already released.

T-shirts are doing great. We are almost done with the designs and setting up a store in Amazon... hopefully we'll have it ready soon and we will finally be able to send a "get well" package to RaZorLeaf. :)

You could do like a separate client just for testing, different from the pubilc one. Dota 2 has a client like this named Dota 2 Test, where they release upcoming updates before they release them on the main one.

That is a great idea! :yey: Maybe like sign the tshirts or something? You're the game devs afterall 8-)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:28 pm

If all the heroes in the KR games were to partake in a cooking competition, who would win, and what kind of food would they make?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Didnt you say Gerald hates seeing civilians or animals getting hurt? so why would he be confused?
What is Alric's favorite food?
Why does Denas prefer to be carried around by a couple of militias instead of Imperial guards, Paladins, or Knights?
Can the Dwarves make artillery cannons that actually has the range of an artillery (you know....kilometer ranges)? (instead of just a range of around 50 feet)
Will the Dwarves switch to making direct fire low angle cannons (Anti tank guns like thereof)? (not mortar style cannons)
Will Iron Marines have any repeated annoying announcer quotes?
(the likes of 'You have not enough Minerals', or 'You must Construct Additional Pylons'.)
Will Iron Marines have 'Nuclear Launch Detected'?
Why does Kara chooses to wear a tanktop when she realizes that she is going to get shot at in an exposed utility exosuit (unless the suit has some sort of mini shield generator, or its the unupgraded variant and she mounts armor plating on if you upgrade, or its a pun because....its a tank.....)
What is the Iron Marines font?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
User

by RZRider » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:40 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:If all the heroes in the KR games were to partake in a cooking competition, who would win, and what kind of food would they make?

Hint. If you are there, don't drink Marige's fruit punch. Use your imagination.( sorry tats. Please don't delete the thread. I had too.)
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by magicmetal03 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Do any heroes like chocolate?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:51 am

I saw the tweet about Sha'tra in IM. So, did the studio get my suggestion, or is it already planned from the beginning?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

PreviousNext