Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by The_TaTs » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Ok.
Back to business. I was a bit busy with stuff lately so I couldn't hang out in the forums or Discord all that much.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Didnt you say Gerald hates seeing civilians or animals getting hurt? so why would he be confused?
What is Alric's favorite food?
Why does Denas prefer to be carried around by a couple of militias instead of Imperial guards, Paladins, or Knights?
Can the Dwarves make artillery cannons that actually has the range of an artillery (you know....kilometer ranges)? (instead of just a range of around 50 feet)
Will the Dwarves switch to making direct fire low angle cannons (Anti tank guns like thereof)? (not mortar style cannons)
Will Iron Marines have any repeated annoying announcer quotes?
(the likes of 'You have not enough Minerals', or 'You must Construct Additional Pylons'.)
Will Iron Marines have 'Nuclear Launch Detected'?
Why does Kara chooses to wear a tanktop when she realizes that she is going to get shot at in an exposed utility exosuit (unless the suit has some sort of mini shield generator, or its the unupgraded variant and she mounts armor plating on if you upgrade, or its a pun because....its a tank.....)
What is the Iron Marines font?


- You posted an image of a FPS... Gerald wouldn't even know what he is looking at.
- Vengeance, with a side dish of violence.
- Because he prefers to use the Imperial Guards, Paladins and Knights for much more important tasks... like guarding the food reserves. :lol:
- Ballistics are still a bit new in the KR world and dwarves are more interested in making things explode than in effective range when it comes to weapons.
- Maybe. Who knows what dwarves might cook up in their forges.
- Nope.
- Nope.
- Because she is a civilian that didn't had time to pick up an armor. Also, she is a total badass.
- We made it ourselves. It's called LFmfkemnkefnwekfnwef.font

GeminiSparkSP wrote:So, what is Sha'tra's deal in IM? He was present in KRF, which is set in the middle ages (somewhat). How could he end up in the future? Cryosleep? Time travel? KR's world being a separate world from Earth and technology hasn't caught up yet? Or maybe it isn't really Sha'tra, but just a member of his species?


The KR world is not our planet. That's for sure. This doesn't means that the KR universe is the same than Iron Marines. Maybe Sha'Tra knows how to jump between dimensions. Or maybe we just wanted to do something fun for all the KRF fans. :P

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Has Alric ever been to Linirea?
Why Alric has no head protection but is considered to be wearing heavy armor?
Why Eridan has no head protection but is considered to be wearing medium armor?
How were the Heroes' lives before they became heroes?


- He has. At some point, he was named "Champion" by King Denas.
- Because he doesn't want to ruin his fantastic hair.
- Helmets limit perception and Eridan is a ranger.
- Boring.

Oof_Shunt wrote:So does 'late October' mean around Christmastime or what...I'd rather know the actual time!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x

:) :) :)

:sheep:


So do we.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:You guys haven't been active for a while....are you going to Gamescom?



I'm sorry buddy. I have been active on Facebook, Twitter and the Steam forums. I've also been answering a ton of emails.
Posting in the Forum is a time consuming activity for me, and I couldn't devote much time to it. :|

Pencil has been super busy as well.

We'll try to hang out more with you guys.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Ask the Studio

by Ninja » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Vengeance, with a side dish of violence.


Really? What does Alric want vengeance for?
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Ask the Studio

by AerisDraco » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Early on when this thread began, I predicted that it would get more replies than the "Hero is Born" thread.

Seems I was right.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Ask the Studio

by Ninja » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Early on when this thread began, I predicted that it would get more replies than the "Hero is Born" thread.

Seems I was right.


Well, of course it would. "A Hero is Born" was a project that only lasted for a few months. This is an ongoing thread that isn't limited by a deadline. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Ask the Studio

by GeminiSparkSP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Lilith is a fallen angel, and angels only fall when they commit a great sin. What did she do? How did she end up being cast away from heaven? And why did she wear a mask?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: Ask the Studio

by SJBlood » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:32 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Lilith is a fallen angel, and angels only fall when they commit a great sin. What did she do? How did she end up being cast away from heaven? And why did she wear a mask?

Her sin is obviously being the worst hero in KRO :lol:
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Ask the Studio

by Magnus0 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Ask the Studio

by SJBlood » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?

Also, is there a link between Sha'tra and ruins of Nas'de? Cause he has a quote about it and there's a Stargate there ... Maybe that's where he arrived to Linirea the first time? :D
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Ask the Studio

by The Kingmaker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Ini'laer Sai'tam!" - The first part of this phrase is almost 'Realini' backwards, the third co-founder of Ironhide. The second part is the first name of the comic artist, Matias Bergara, backwards. Due to the time between Sha'Tra and Saitam's release, the similarities between spoken word and names is likely a coincidence.


SJBlood wrote:Also, is there a link between Sha'tra and ruins of Nas'de? Cause he has a quote about it and there's a Stargate there ... Maybe that's where he arrived to Linirea the first time? :D


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Nas'de Zagon!" - This phrase contains some of the the letters that make up the name 'Gonzalo Sande', one of the co-founders of Ironhide Game Studio .


Sorry Tata-San
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Ask the Studio

by SJBlood » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:48 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Ini'laer Sai'tam!" - The first part of this phrase is almost 'Realini' backwards, the third co-founder of Ironhide. The second part is the first name of the comic artist, Matias Bergara, backwards. Due to the time between Sha'Tra and Saitam's release, the similarities between spoken word and names is likely a coincidence.


SJBlood wrote:Also, is there a link between Sha'tra and ruins of Nas'de? Cause he has a quote about it and there's a Stargate there ... Maybe that's where he arrived to Linirea the first time? :D


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Nas'de Zagon!" - This phrase contains some of the the letters that make up the name 'Gonzalo Sande', one of the co-founders of Ironhide Game Studio .


Sorry Tata-San


I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. I know from where the names/quotes are taken, but could they be related, is what I'm asking.
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Ask the Studio

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 am

How come everyone never runs out of ammo in KR?
How come everyone never runs out of ammo in Iron Marines?
but regular rangers wear helmets......
can you make it in KR 4 and Iron Marines, the cooldown timers show the amount of seconds remaining?
Why Cpt. Tanguins doesnt wear a helmet despite probably knowing that doing so will completely nullify the fact that he is wearing that super heavy combat suit simply due to the fact that people (the bugs) will just shoot him in the head? Or are the bugs not smart enough to shoot the head?
Why Gerald is the only one sensible enough to wear head protection?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Inside a Main Battle Tank

Re: Ask the Studio

by The Kingmaker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 am

SJBlood wrote:
The Kingmaker wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Ini'laer Sai'tam!" - The first part of this phrase is almost 'Realini' backwards, the third co-founder of Ironhide. The second part is the first name of the comic artist, Matias Bergara, backwards. Due to the time between Sha'Tra and Saitam's release, the similarities between spoken word and names is likely a coincidence.


SJBlood wrote:Also, is there a link between Sha'tra and ruins of Nas'de? Cause he has a quote about it and there's a Stargate there ... Maybe that's where he arrived to Linirea the first time? :D


Kingdom Rush Wiki wrote:"Nas'de Zagon!" - This phrase contains some of the the letters that make up the name 'Gonzalo Sande', one of the co-founders of Ironhide Game Studio .


Sorry Tata-San


I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. I know from where the names/quotes are taken, but could they be related, is what I'm asking.

The answer from the Tats will be a "no they are not related", but here's why the coincidence exists:
Sha'Tra's quotes (and many others - namely Elven ones) are backwards, and often are recognisable words like "Ironhide" or "Ironhide Rocks" backwards. Often they use developer names also, Bruce De Leone became Bruce the literal Lion, Vez'nan is a corruption of Vanzen, on of the co-founders etc etc
They just repeated the words they said backwards for different quotes. So "Nas'de" is a twisting of the surname of Gonzalo Sande, another of the three co-founders, and it just so happens they decided to use "Nas'de" in both a level name and a hero quote.
Again, "Saitam" is the name of the comic artist Matias roughly backwards. It was a nod to him in Sha'tra's quotes. Then, they named Saitam the Hero for him (I think he once posted somewhere that he was a major player in designing or coming up with Saitam as a hero.
So yeah, they aren't coincidences really, just nods to people in the studio repeated once or twice.
Hope this helps! :D
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: Ask the Studio

by SJBlood » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:45 am

The Kingmaker wrote:The answer from the Tats will be a "no they are not related", but here's why the coincidence exists:
Sha'Tra's quotes (and many others - namely Elven ones) are backwards, and often are recognisable words like "Ironhide" or "Ironhide Rocks" backwards. Often they use developer names also, Bruce De Leone became Bruce the literal Lion, Vez'nan is a corruption of Vanzen, on of the co-founders etc etc
They just repeated the words they said backwards for different quotes. So "Nas'de" is a twisting of the surname of Gonzalo Sande, another of the three co-founders, and it just so happens they decided to use "Nas'de" in both a level name and a hero quote.
Again, "Saitam" is the name of the comic artist Matias roughly backwards. It was a nod to him in Sha'tra's quotes. Then, they named Saitam the Hero for him (I think he once posted somewhere that he was a major player in designing or coming up with Saitam as a hero.
So yeah, they aren't coincidences really, just nods to people in the studio repeated once or twice.
Hope this helps! :D


I already knew this lol :lol:
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Ask the Studio

by Chimto » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:50 pm

- Helmets limit perception and Eridan is a ranger.

So Helmets Are Hardly Heroic? Normally a combat with a bareheaded opponent ends very, very quickly.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Lair; Carnival; Well; Not; Nadir; Chapel; Mountain

Re: Ask the Studio

by Ninja » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Chimto wrote:
- Helmets limit perception and Eridan is a ranger.

So Helmets Are Hardly Heroic? Normally a combat with a bareheaded opponent ends very, very quickly.


Not if the opponent in question can dodge almost all of your attacks like a beast. Eridan is way faster than KRO enemies, so I'm sure the no-helmet thing is still in his favor. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Ask the Studio

by The Propellord » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Does Alleria's kitten in the royal gardens level deal damage or is it just here for continuity reasons??
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 6:50 am
Location: The Propeller kingdom, 4 miles north of Laestrygon

Re: Ask the Studio

by AerisDraco » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Were the sales of KRF Steam expected, above expectation, or below expectation?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: Ask the Studio

by The_TaTs » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Ninja wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:Vengeance, with a side dish of violence.


Really? What does Alric want vengeance for?


His entire clan was wiped out during a battle and he is the sole survivor. The sand fighters he can summon are actually the souls of his fallen clansmen that he carries within him. Alric is a bit moody and not exactly easy-going because he wants to avenge his people.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Lilith is a fallen angel, and angels only fall when they commit a great sin. What did she do? How did she end up being cast away from heaven? And why did she wear a mask?


Lilith was created by you guys. So you can come up with the story for her fall from grace. :)

Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?


SJBlood wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:Are Reg´son and Regnos related in any way? The names are very similar, but they don't seem to have any other similarities.
Are Sha'tra and Saitam related in any way? Sha'tra mentions the words Saitam in one of his quotes. Is this just a coincidence or is Sha'tra really referring to Saitam the monkey god?

Also, is there a link between Sha'tra and ruins of Nas'de? Cause he has a quote about it and there's a Stargate there ... Maybe that's where he arrived to Linirea the first time? :D


Aliens visit the jungles and shores from time to time. As you can see not only because of Sha'Tra but the nasty Reapers from the "Temple of Etheral Evil" endless level.
So maybe Sha'Tra knows Saitam... since the Monkey God is actually very old, was the original guardian of the temple, and he is the Hero that is supposed to help in the battle agains the nasty aliens.

The shrine for Regson is very old and was probably built around the time the Twilight Elves were at the cusp of their power. So maybe that's were the name comes from.
On both cases, it's an anagram for Gerson... the Game Designer for both Frontiers and Origins, and one of the main contributors for the tentative narrative lines for both games.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:How come everyone never runs out of ammo in KR?
How come everyone never runs out of ammo in Iron Marines?
but regular rangers wear helmets......
can you make it in KR 4 and Iron Marines, the cooldown timers show the amount of seconds remaining?
Why Cpt. Tanguins doesnt wear a helmet despite probably knowing that doing so will completely nullify the fact that he is wearing that super heavy combat suit simply due to the fact that people (the bugs) will just shoot him in the head? Or are the bugs not smart enough to shoot the head?
Why Gerald is the only one sensible enough to wear head protection?


- Magic arrows and ammunition
- Superb logistics
- In medieval fantasy it's somewhat unusual to see rangers depicted wearing helmets because they prefer to trade protection for awareness.
- Probably not. It might seem counterintuitive but too much words and numbers on a screen overwhelm most players. Piechart style cooldown timers work better.
- An aestethic decision to make him stand out from a regular marine. A hero with a face is more relatable when you can't support the narrative with something else like cut-scenes, dialogue or text (before you say anything about Master Chief or Samus).
- He is a knight heavily inspired in the footmen from Warcraft. That's pretty much it. Also, the helmet makes him look badass. :)

Chimto wrote:
- Helmets limit perception and Eridan is a ranger.

So Helmets Are Hardly Heroic? Normally a combat with a bareheaded opponent ends very, very quickly.


I already knew the trope.
I never said that it makes him less heroic though. All I said was that in Erindan's case... he prefers the trade off of not wearing head protection so he can hear, see and smell more freely. He is a ranger, his main activities are scouting, ambushing and tracking.
Also, in most medieval fantasy tropes, Elves usually count on their uncanny reflexes and magic to defend themselves instead of wearing armor.
If you disagree with this, take it up with Tolkien and all the other writers that he inspired. :)

The Propellord wrote:Does Alleria's kitten in the royal gardens level deal damage or is it just here for continuity reasons??

Alleria's panther is just a cub during the fight in the royal gardens and doesn't deal any damage.

AerisDraco wrote:Were the sales of KRF Steam expected, above expectation, or below expectation?


They were as expected. We didn't do much marketing or press for it, and it's well in its way to recover the investment (break even) which is great. It will eventually provide a reasonable amount of profit. :D
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Ask the Studio

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:44 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Lilith was created by you guys. So you can come up with the story for her fall from grace. :)

But I wasn't there when she was created.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: Ask the Studio

by magicmetal03 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:Lilith was created by you guys. So you can come up with the story for her fall from grace. :)

But I wasn't there when she was created.

So all the creators must make a story for her...
P-Pencil
Image

Mostly ded.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: In your brain.

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
cron