Forum Rules - UPDATED

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Forum Rules

by Kowaghuz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:17 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people.

If sites followed this rule instead of "Hurr durr don't hurt them feels!" the internet would be a better place.
User

by SealDarklight » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:07 pm

I can obey that and since the forum rarely has a##h#les and critics and trolls dont exist. Thus i make my own kingdom rush fan ideas and also i never disturb people and also Kingdom rush doesnt have allot of fans and fans dont jerk others. Maybe i spam but maybe ill stop. Im also new here and im also intrested at fans ideas so im making top 5 favorite fan made Heroes like i did with Top 5 favorite heroes.
User

by deoxsis12 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:40 am

These rules are great! If only every online site had them...
Grawl for president! Get your free pet rock today!

Mission Report December 16 1991...
User

Re: Forum Rules - UPDATED

by The_TaTs » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 pm

I added a few more things to the list.

I added a Capital Offense

- Update: Making a fake account for the sake of trolling or disrupting the Forums.

I corrected a Cardinal Rule

- Update: Name your thread with an appropriate subject, related to the conversation. Also... do not place foul language in thread subjects.

And a few more Guidelines:

- Update: Do not start debating over the Forum rules outside this thread.
- Update: Try to solve personal discrepancies through PM... leave the aggro out of the Threads.
- Update: Do not act as a Moderator. If something annoys you and it's harmless, ignore it. If something it's offensive, report it to the Admins or Moderators... easy peasy.

As always... these rules are not retroactive, meaning that they apply from now on. Threads and posts that were created before posting these rules will not be deleted.
User

by blu3 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:31 am

any specific reasons for the rule change?
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by razieltnt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:10 am

blu3 wrote:any specific reasons for the rule change?

For me, these are quite obvious.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by blu3 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:15 pm

i don't think i was asking you
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by The_TaTs » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 pm

I will update rules whenever I see situations that are not good for the Forums and were not contemplated before. Simple as that.
User

by Kowaghuz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Erm, shouldn't this be stickied?
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:Erm, shouldn't this be stickied?

.... Kowa... this Thread has been "Sticky" since the very beginning.
User

by Kowaghuz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:Erm, shouldn't this be stickied?

.... Kowa... this Thread has been "Sticky" since the very beginning.

:|

Weird, I saw it only as the fourth post in the KR forum and thought to bump it.

I assume that there are more stickied posts that get bumped in their own, "stickied" area?
User

by VolsFan14 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:37 am

We got official rules now? R.I.P. to the great trolls of old when I first joined the forum :sheep:
User

by Staticbog » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 pm

I just want to know if we are allowed to post questions about what other people think of KR... i'm a bit worried :oops:
User

by Ninja » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Staticbog wrote:I just want to know if we are allowed to post questions about what other people think of KR... i'm a bit worried :oops:

Use the Ask the Studio thread for this question. :roll:
:hero:
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Ninja wrote:
Staticbog wrote:I just want to know if we are allowed to post questions about what other people think of KR... i'm a bit worried :oops:

No. This is not a question for the Studio.

This is a question about Forum rules.

Nothing to be worried about.

All opinions are appreciated. Some of the harshest criticism we have received has come from this Forum and from people that are hardcore fans. It's been very useful.

As long as you are respectful to others, you can pretty much say what you want.

The topics that we will not tolerate here are: Hate-promoting ideas, piracy, ostensive obscenity or violence and ostensive advertisement of products or services (you can recommend stuff if it makes sense in a conversation, but you can't keep pushing for people to buy something).
User

by Staticbog » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:08 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Ninja wrote:

No. This is not a question for the Studio.

This is a question about Forum rules.

Nothing to be worried about.

All opinions are appreciated. Some of the harshest criticism we have received has come from this Forum and from people that are hardcore fans. It's been very useful.

As long as you are respectful to others, you can pretty much say what you want.

The topics that we will not tolerate here are: Hate-promoting ideas, piracy, ostensive obscenity or violence and ostensive advertisement of products or services (you can recommend stuff if it makes sense in a conversation, but you can't keep pushing for people to buy something).

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 am

I have a suggestion for something new to include in the rules:

No posting partially-finished threads. Drafts can be saved, and cluttering the forums with threads that can't be fully replied to is spam. (Exceptions could be fanfictions, games, etc. so long as they're still coherent and can be responded to.)

:)
BBB

by razieltnt » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:03 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I have a suggestion for something new to include in the rules:

No posting partially-finished threads. Drafts can be saved, and cluttering the forums with threads that can't be fully replied to is spam. (Exceptions could be fanfictions, games, etc. so long as they're still coherent and can be responded to.)

I'v seen at least bazillion topics that are like:

<some ok text>
<reserved post, more to come cuz i need results first>
<second reserved post>

Your definition screws these - because they're unfinished. Big NO then.

Also, one can respond to literally any thread, finished or not, so I don't understand Your statement "can be responded to". There's shiny "and" before that, but unfinished work can also be coherent.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Juice Box » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I have a suggestion for something new to include in the rules:

Somewhat agree with Razieltnt, though not particularly for the same reasons. Rules are meant to maintain peace, and keep everyone safe. Partially-finished threads don't harm anyone and don't hinder the peace in pretty much anyway unless it's spammed repeatedly.

I admit, though, that it isn't pleasant to the eyes to read a thread that is both incoherent and unfinished. I think this can be addressed simply by stating in a topic title that a thread isn't finished yet: "Kingdom Rush: Chronicles (Unfinished)," for example. Drafts are an option, of course, but for those who want critique immediately, this can help.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:34 pm

I said that there would be exceptions. Did nobody read the entire post?
BBB

PreviousNext