Having Iron Marines look like the Adeptus Astartes!

Share your own epic stories, units, campaigns for Iron Marines.

Having Iron Marines look like the Adeptus Astartes!

by BigBadWolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:28 am

What if Iron Marines was more like Warhammer 40k? Like, not exactly like it, but the Iron Marines were more like the Adeptus Astartes? I mean Ironhide is probably gonna all ready add in new units along with a new planet and enemies, so why not make the game make the Iron Marines look x10 as cool? How? By adding in the COLONIAL ARMY! You know the little guys defending settlement Alpha? Or the ones on the outpost near the Bishop cocoon? What if they had their own Unit Tab? They would be cheap, and really used as a Cannon Fodder type troop, but their squads have 4 soldiers instead of 3. But they would really match out how cheap they are with how fast they die, the player will constantly be getting more, and an Iron Marine unit (like the Ranger) would be so much cooler and more effective on the battlefield. Just think of it: A new planet that is really meant for the Colonial Army units, lots of enemies that are matched FOR THE COLONIAL ARMY. So just one Squad of Rangers would dominate the field...

Basically, i want to add a newer, weaker, type of unit to the game that makes the Iron Marines look better and cooler by comparison.

I realize that having the aforementioned Planet would really have a drastic effect on how all units operate, but really i think it would be cool! I LOVE having massive hordes of enemies just crumble before the gunfire of a unit of Rangers. And having a whole planet that crumbles before the gunfire of Rangers would be just too cool.
Last edited by BigBadWolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User

Re: Having Iron Marines look 100x as cool!

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 am

I like the idea of the more numerous, but weaker units. Perhaps another of their strong suits is the ability to heal especially well and / or move quickly and undetected? Also, if they were based off of Warhamer 40k Astro Militarum, they could look more like conventional soldiers with camo armour. Ooh! They could even make use of mortars and turrets and tanks and planes and helicopters and stuff. Basically, these machines would come in and replace or add to a squad after a certain period of time as a sort of reward for keeping these inferior units alive for so long. And just imagine Chaos Iron Marines or a Cult Mechanicus / Skitarii equivalent! So many possibilities! We already have Adeptus Astartes and Tyrannid equivalents, after all. ELDAR! DARK ELDAR! ORKS! TAU! SQUATS! TITANS! IMPERIAL KNIGHTS! TERMINATORS! CENTURIONS! DREADNOUGHTS! PRIMARCHS! Muahahahaaaaa! :yey:
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by BigBadWolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:I like the idea of the more numerous, but weaker units. Perhaps another of their strong suits is the ability to heal especially well and / or move quickly and undetected? Also, if they were based off of Warhamer 40k Astro Militarum, they could look more like conventional soldiers with camo armour. Ooh! They could even make use of mortars and turrets and tanks and planes and helicopters and stuff. Basically, these machines would come in and replace or add to a squad after a certain period of time as a sort of reward for keeping these inferior units alive for so long. And just imagine Chaos Iron Marines or a Cult Mechanicus / Skitarii equivalent! So many possibilities! We already have Adeptus Astartes and Tyrannid equivalents, after all. ELDAR! DARK ELDAR! ORKS! TAU! SQUATS! TITANS! IMPERIAL KNIGHTS! TERMINATORS! CENTURIONS! DREADNOUGHTS! PRIMARCHS! Muahahahaaaaa! :yey:

AHH! YES, ANOTHER WARHAMMER 40K FAN! But anyway, yes, this is exactly what I was thinking! Having the Colonial Troopers be like the Astro Militarum would be so awesome! If they did take the inspiration from WH40K, this would open up a whole trove of different enemies, allies, planets...AH! JUST THINK OF A WARHOUND TITAN STOMPING OVER THE BATTLEFIELD AND BLOWING THINGS TO BITS WITH A VULCAN MEGA BOLTER!! :yey: THEY NEED TO DO THIS!

Thanks for helping me with my idea, this is something im gonna ask the Devs about!
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:00 am

BigBadWolf wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:I like the idea of the more numerous, but weaker units. Perhaps another of their strong suits is the ability to heal especially well and / or move quickly and undetected? Also, if they were based off of Warhamer 40k Astro Militarum, they could look more like conventional soldiers with camo armour. Ooh! They could even make use of mortars and turrets and tanks and planes and helicopters and stuff. Basically, these machines would come in and replace or add to a squad after a certain period of time as a sort of reward for keeping these inferior units alive for so long. And just imagine Chaos Iron Marines or a Cult Mechanicus / Skitarii equivalent! So many possibilities! We already have Adeptus Astartes and Tyrannid equivalents, after all. ELDAR! DARK ELDAR! ORKS! TAU! SQUATS! TITANS! IMPERIAL KNIGHTS! TERMINATORS! CENTURIONS! DREADNOUGHTS! PRIMARCHS! Muahahahaaaaa! :yey:

AHH! YES, ANOTHER WARHAMMER 40K FAN! But anyway, yes, this is exactly what I was thinking! Having the Colonial Troopers be like the Astro Militarum would be so awesome! If they did take the inspiration from WH40K, this would open up a whole trove of different enemies, allies, planets...AH! JUST THINK OF A WARHOUND TITAN STOMPING OVER THE BATTLEFIELD AND BLOWING THINGS TO BITS WITH A VULCAN MEGA BOLTER!! :yey: THEY NEED TO DO THIS!

Thanks for helping me with my idea, this is something im gonna ask the Devs about!

Don't get too excited! I don't play the game (Most of it is out of my price-range), I just like the lore and designs a lot! I have a friend who I think is in a similar boat and can answer most of my questions about the series, which keeps me interested. Anyways, Titans would be very cool to use!
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by BigBadWolf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:
BigBadWolf wrote:

Don't get too excited! I don't play the game (Most of it is out of my price-range), I just like the lore and designs a lot! I have a friend who I think is in a similar boat and can answer most of my questions about the series, which keeps me interested. Anyways, Titans would be very cool to use!

Oh, same here. I don't have any of the games, its just awesome to read about them. I got into it from watching Total War II vids. But I will be asking the devs eventually about having the Colonial Troopers. And also more mechs, Turrets, Units, and also having hacking terminals be much more useful, like when you find a terminal and capture it, you get options, e.g: Activate/deactivate gun turrets, open/close doors, power down security measures, etc. And each option takes a certain amount of time.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 pm

BigBadWolf wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:
BigBadWolf wrote:[

Oh, same here. I don't have any of the games, its just awesome to read about them. I got into it from watching Total War II vids. But I will be asking the devs eventually about having the Colonial Troopers. And also more mechs, Turrets, Units, and also
having hacking terminals be much more useful, like when you find a terminal and capture it, you get options, e.g: Activate/deactivate gun turrets, open/close doors, power down security measures, etc. And each option takes a certain
amount of time.

That would be cool. Maybe you can take control over certain Peripheroids as an option?
User

Re: Having Iron Marines look like the Adeptus Astartes!

by BigBadWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:32 pm

That would really be useful. Having the enemies thin out their own forces could really play a huge part in most levels. I guess that they couldn't capture Etherium Deposits though.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User