FAQ: Kingdom Rush Development

For the King!

Re: FAQ: Kingdom Rush Development

by Epicazeroth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:54 am

I meant in later levels, when you still have dwarves bombard lv1, what does that do to say, a dark slayer?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Ateeq911 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Same, the first two levels were great early on in the game. Teaches you basic layout structure, and tactics. But the Mages/Rangers trump the Cannons so much in the later stages it's simply unreal :P. They need their price reducing, or greater stats, or perhaps both, to become a feasible option, in my opinion :D.
User

by kmkraft » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:43 am

So Ironhide developers, how's it going with the iOS version? :) Can't wait to try it out on an iPad. And i bet everybody's dying for even a little update on how the sequel is coming. :D

Viel Glück und viel Spaß!
Let there be light!
User

by Vanzen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:16 pm

We are working hard to have the iOS version on the store this month :)
About the sequel it will have to wait a few months still.
Ironhide Developer

by MaGnUs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 pm

This month? Kewl!
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by kmkraft » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:48 am

Vanzen wrote:We are working hard to have the iOS version on the store this month :)
About the sequel it will have to wait a few months still.

Alright that's great news! :D Something to look forward to this Christmas! :D I'm sure that sequel's gonna be beyond everybody's expectations. :) Good luck!
Let there be light!
User

by Vercin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey guys,
im big fan of tower defense games and i love kingdom rush!
When i played it in browser my first thought was "omg i want this game on my ipad":) So im very happy about your recent announcement and i will buy it for sure.
Im flash developer myself and i was wondering if you are using flash(air 3.0) to build ipad version? Or is it something like cocos2d or corona sdk?
Also im not asking you to share all your secrets but im really curious what is the best approach to build flash tower defense game like this.
Is it all display list animation or blitting or mix of both? Are characters moving on some grid(tiles).things like this:P Anything you can/want to share
User

by rodrigo11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:36 am

porfavor pongan un metodo de pago por SMS
User

by aftandil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 am

vanzen, tell a few words about your work with strategic music. How did you find them? What they did for Kingdom Rush? Who decided to work with strategic music, you or armor games?
Last edited by aftandil on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by aftandil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 am

aftandil wrote: strategic music
And did you work with them? They said you did)
User

by Vanzen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Vercin wrote:Hey guys,
im big fan of tower defense games and i love kingdom rush!
When i played it in browser my first thought was "omg i want this game on my ipad":) So im very happy about your recent announcement and i will buy it for sure.
Im flash developer myself and i was wondering if you are using flash(air 3.0) to build ipad version? Or is it something like cocos2d or corona sdk?
Also im not asking you to share all your secrets but im really curious what is the best approach to build flash tower defense game like this.
Is it all display list animation or blitting or mix of both? Are characters moving on some grid(tiles).things like this:P Anything you can/want to share

Glad you like it :)

For iPAD we went native, so we had to recode the whole game. We didn't use Air because we were afraid there could be some performance issues. The animations are made on flash (movieclips) and the exported to a spritesheet and the creeps move through a preset path (no grid).
Hope that helped :)
Ironhide Developer

by Vanzen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 pm

aftandil wrote:vanzen, tell a few words about your work with strategic music. How did you find them? What they did for Kingdom Rush? Who decided to work with strategic music, you or armor games?

Who is Strategic Music? For Kingdom Rush we worked with an Argentina located studio called Taking-off (http://taking-off.com.ar/), they are on the credits. As a general rule, everyone we work with and who collaborates with us gets mentioned on the credits.
Ironhide Developer

by aftandil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Vanzen wrote:Who is Strategic Music?

Sorry,it was misunderstanding( They said Kingdom Rush, but they probobly mean Knights Rush
sorry again
User

by Vanzen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 pm

I figured the same when i visit their site :)
Ironhide Developer

by ZZarrd » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm

hey all! just wondering is a release date close on the cards? if not how is the development coming along??
User

by gabrielci » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:58 pm

I agree with the post above mine, could you please give us a date, Kingdom Rush was the best TD ive played in my countless lost hours playing Flash TD games. And by knowing a sequel of such a great game is coming I get impatient and having a date (Even if you end up bumping the date a couple of months) will be of great comfort.
User

by Vanzen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Sorry it is too early to have a date yet since there are parts of the sequel that are being defined, but i believe we will announce a date soon. :)
Ironhide Developer

by cireangel » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 am

I wonder if you guy thinking about putting an "endless mode" to the game? It would be so much fun.....
User

by tigbondck » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:36 am

This game is so good it seems a waste to only allow the desktop/laptop version available online. I would love to see a complete version with premium levels, etc... that can go full screen for Mac desktop or laptop (as opposed to playing it on the tiny window at ArmorGames which is overcrowded with other advertisements). I would definitely buy it!

Btw, hope for the sequel you can manage to maintain the simplicity of the game which makes it so good! (ie - not too many different towers, etc...)
User

by Kazam » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:28 am

It's already out on ipad . :)
My name is sir Kazam . I protect the good and destroy the evil . Enemies shall feel the wrath of my light . Justice shall be
Served.
User

PreviousNext