Challenge!!

For the King!

Re: Challenge!!

by dimumurray » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Wow, you're really getting close. Would love to see a video. If you don't have a good screen-video-capture tool on hand and you're using a windows based system you can try out CamStudio. It freeware. The UI is kinda clunky and you have to do some funky stuff to get audio recording working right, but it gets the job done.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Image
Image

Woop woop woop =) =) =) Holy Grail challenge completed!
It may not seem that hard just seeing this picture... quite some money left, just build as many holy orders as possible and win... But that was so close multiple times. The micro-managing involved with placing reinforcements, rain of fire, rally points, selling barbarian mead halls at the right time... wha, that was hard.

I'll try to make a video of it coming days using CamStudio but I am not sure how high my succes rate is when trying to repeat what I just did. 30% maybe? =)
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by Vanzen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 am

Wow!! Nice!! Gratz :D
User avatar
Ironhide Developer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Quest » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:32 am

u did it finally! i never thought it was possible lol
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by dimumurray » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 am

Holy [insert favorite expletive here]!!!

I got to the point where I thought it wasn't possible. Well, now I have to double my efforts. If you run into any issues with CamStudio feel free to PM me. I want to see that video up on YouTube ASAP. Congrats.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Andralexis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:02 am

You are my freaking KR hero Julian, it surely looks epic hard.
Congrats.
User
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Challenge!!

by Gandalf » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 pm

nklrcade wrote:Played last level only using Arcane Wizard towers - NO Barracks, NO Bombard and NO Archer.
Beat level with 20 lives and before Vez'nan made it to second turn.

Do you have a challenge?? I need MORE!!

I finished twin rivers with 1900 gold left . I dare you !
User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks guys =)
I practiced for making the video and found out the succes rate is more between like 5% and 10%...
took quite some time to finish it again. Video will be on youtube ASAP now, hopefully by tomorrow ^^

Gandalf wrote:
nklrcade wrote:Played last level only using Arcane Wizard towers - NO Barracks, NO Bombard and NO Archer.
Beat level with 20 lives and before Vez'nan made it to second turn.

Do you have a challenge?? I need MORE!!

I finished twin rivers with 1900 gold left . I dare you !

Image
Second try...
Next! :P

http://i55.tinypic.com/eqeb05.jpg
And I dare you, finish a level with over 7500 gold left without selling towers ;)
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by Gandalf » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 am

Image
I bet you can't do better than this :)
User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 am

Gandalf wrote:http://173.193.202.109/files/3/tzho7gg7cdibvc/twin%20river.jpg
I bet you can't do better than this :)

Image
:]
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

Well I figured out how CamStudio works... recording time =)
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by Gandalf » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 am

Julian wrote:Thanks guys =)
I practiced for making the video and found out the succes rate is more between like 5% and 10%...
took quite some time to finish it again. Video will be on youtube ASAP now, hopefully by tomorrow ^^

Gandalf wrote:
nklrcade wrote:Played last level only using Arcane Wizard towers - NO Barracks, NO Bombard and NO Archer.
Beat level with 20 lives and before Vez'nan made it to second turn.

Do you have a challenge?? I need MORE!!

I finished twin rivers with 1900 gold left . I dare you !

Image
Second try...
Next! :P

http://i55.tinypic.com/eqeb05.jpg
And I dare you, finish a level with over 7500 gold left without selling towers ;)


OK, Finished, second try...:D
Image
User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by razieltnt » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Vanzen wrote:I like to roll with musketeers only and snipers! :)

and now i know why!
Image
despite my first feelings, it was much, much easier than doing the job with other archer upgrade
their explosives deal ridiculous amount of damage

I'll try doing it without premium
and maybe without (some) upgrades
Image
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by dimumurray » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 pm

^Wait a minute. Is that Yoda?!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Epicazeroth » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:14 pm

razieltnt wrote:
Vanzen wrote:I like to roll with musketeers only and snipers! :)

and now i know why!


dimumurray wrote:^Wait a minute. Is that Yoda?!


Yes that is Yoda. Premium lets you change the reinforcement skins to Mortal Combat, Star Wars, and Street Fighter.

Also, what exactly is the Holy Grail Challenge? The YouTube video doesn't really explain it.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:Also, what exactly is the Holy Grail Challenge? The YouTube video doesn't really explain it.

The Holy Grail Challenge = Completing the last level on iron mode using only barracks, without premium content ^^
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by dimumurray » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 pm

@Julian: Speaking of which, did you manage to make your video capture?
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by Julian » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 am

dimumurray wrote:@Julian: Speaking of which, did you manage to make your video capture?

I am sorry, I can't get CamStudio to work. I believed I made a good video capture twice, but both times I got an error when saving, probably because the files were around 3 gigabytes.
No idea how to fix this... might give it another try soon though, you never know :-)
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Challenge!!

by Vanzen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm

I found that FRAPS works very well for game capture. Sadly when it comes to flash, since we publish without GPU support (it makes the game slower on machines with old vidcards), the FRAPS will only capture the whole screen :(
User avatar
Ironhide Developer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Challenge!!

by dimumurray » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Julian wrote:
dimumurray wrote:@Julian: Speaking of which, did you manage to make your video capture?

I am sorry, I can't get CamStudio to work. I believed I made a good video capture twice, but both times I got an error when saving, probably because the files were around 3 gigabytes.
No idea how to fix this... might give it another try soon though, you never know :-)


Yeah, CamStudio is a bit clunky to work with, takes a lot of finessing. I get that weird high gig output sometimes too. I think it only happen the first time you do a capture after that it should work. You might also want to checkout the CamStudio forums they might have some details on how to get around it.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Previous

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 23 guests
cron