New Player Specials Question

For the King!

New Player Specials Question

by Stonechewer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:35 pm

When you fully upgrade, for example, a mage tower and now have the option to buy the death ray, it costs 350. Is that a one shot death ray? After that the cost shows 100. Am I right in assuming that it's 350 for one death ray and 100 each thereafter? It doesn't permanently upgrade the tower to be able to do deathrays but rather performs a one shot? Just trying to figure out the mechanics. I couldn't find any reference as to how this works in the hints or encyclopedia. Thanks in advance! - Stoney
User

Re: New Player Specials Question

by Quest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm

when u mouse over the upgrade icon, it will should how much it costs and what will be upgraded.
in the deathray's case, the 2nd upgrade will reduce its cooldown by 2 sec to 14sec if i remember correctly.
User

by Julian » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Quest wrote:when u mouse over the upgrade icon, it will should how much it costs and what will be upgraded.
in the deathray's case, the 2nd upgrade will reduce its cooldown by 2 sec to 14sec if i remember correctly.

20s, 18s, 16s I believe =)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by benuk01 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 am

This caught me out the first few times I played Kingdom Rush. I thought "I'm not paying 350 for a single death ray shot!" and kept my money for other upgrades. Oops!

As far as I can remember, all the upgrades in Kingdom Rush activate a permanent extra power for the tower in question, including the stone elemental power (re-spawns shortly after death). As Quest and Julian point out, further upgrades improve (amongst other things) the cooldown time for these special powers.

The only (sort of) exception to this rule is when there is a special feature on the level like the Sylvan Elves or Sasquatch. You're paying your money for individual units, not to activate a feature that will re-spawn the unit after a certain amount of time.

Ben
User

by Vanzen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Exactly as Benuk said :)

Special powers from towers are not expendable , once you buy them they are unlimited, the towers will continue to use their powers at every chance. On the other hand, special building (not towers) on some stages can have expendable stuff (ie Elves & Sasquatch).
Ironhide Developer