full screen

For the King!

full screen

by masterdisaster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:33 am

i like this strategy flash games, but downer haveing to play them in low resolution in a browser window.
whats so hard to make a fullscreen button, does flash not allow that opportunity.
funner playing games fullscreen instead of a 640pixel something, does that not bother you?
User

Re: full screen

by Julian » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 am

I believe a full screen mode would slow down the game quite a bit. Not sure about this though... I am not a flash expert :-)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Vanzen » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Fullscreen has many problems on a browser free flash game.
The First is performance, flash player 10 is not great when it comes to drawing the screen, so fullscreen with such large images would kill most computers, maybe with flash player 11 things will change :)

The second is sponsors. Most game sites are designed for games below 800px width (most even lower), they are designed this way to fit their ads, so when they see a very big screen game they one of two things : Don't host the game or resize it to fit killing the game visuals in the process. (if you search the web you will see many sites hosting a resized KR and you will know what i mean).

We would love to have a KR HD fullscreen, but i guess that will be a standalone game instead of a browser one.
Ironhide Developer

by masterdisaster » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:54 am

if performance is the problem make it same pixles but still full screen option, small windows suck.
for the adverts, fuck them
User

by Julian » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:58 pm

No adverts = no income for hosting sites = no income for IronHide = no Kingdom Rush :3
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by marchao » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 am

wait, Backyard Monsters has fullscreen and it doesn't slow down the game for that.
User

by Eric » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, if the folks at IRONHIDE are willing, they should make a downloadable version for 0.99 cents. With full screen, maybe additional content, that kinda thing. I would love to add KR2 to my game collection. And regardless of what website you put it on, regardless of whether you make a downloadable version, I WILL ADD KR2 TO MY COLLECTION!
User