Elementalist Achievement???

For the King!

Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:32 pm

*Summon 5 rock elementals in any one stage*
I'm playing on the last stage - The Dark Tower. Had two Sorcerer's Mage towers, fully upgraded, with Elementals coming out of them all the time. I think I've summoned not 5, but at least 20 of them, and I still don't get the achievement. Does anyone know what's happening?


Image
Image
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Epicazeroth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm

They don't get re-summoned, they reform. You have to build 5 towers and buy the upgrade for each one.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

omg.. i see.. now i understand :) thanks for the info!
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Epicazeroth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 pm

I suggest try on sun temple. You may get more money on later levels, but you start out with mages and you can sell unneeded mages in one of the challenges. It only takes about three waves max. to get enough money total. If you have premium, you need less. Unrelated, but if I watch a walkthrough, at a certain point, I always seem to have more money than the walkthrough, even if they spawned levels early and I didn't. Its actually kinda creepy.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:I suggest try on sun temple. You may get more money on later levels, but you start out with mages and you can sell unneeded mages in one of the challenges. It only takes about three waves max. to get enough money total. If you have premium, you need less. Unrelated, but if I watch a walkthrough, at a certain point, I always seem to have more money than the walkthrough, even if they spawned levels early and I didn't. Its actually kinda creepy.


thanks for the tip.. heading now home and i'll check this strategy. thanks!
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 am

Epicazeroth, it worked... not on the third wave, but later in he game i succeeded :D
Here is a screenshot of the layout:

Image
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Julian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I prefer the 11th stage for the specific achievement :D
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Julian wrote:I prefer the 11th stage for the specific achievement :D


Hey Julian, last night I read most of your comments, and I see that you are I guess the best KR player around :)
Especially the custom achievement - Holy Grail, you just killed me with that :)
So I wanted to ask you for some tips, advices, I don't know... like a trategy guide, but not a video one, but some general tips for some specific situation, etc.. Would it be possible? :)
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Julian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm

mikeleus wrote:
Julian wrote:I prefer the 11th stage for the specific achievement :D


Hey Julian, last night I read most of your comments, and I see that you are I guess the best KR player around :)
Especially the custom achievement - Holy Grail, you just killed me with that :)
So I wanted to ask you for some tips, advices, I don't know... like a trategy guide, but not a video one, but some general tips for some specific situation, etc.. Would it be possible? :)

Hi there ^^
Great to hear that, thanks!
I sure can give my ideas about what would be best in a specific situation... like for how to complete the Holy Grail challenge. Tips about how to be good at Kingdom Rush in general would be a bit harder to give, but I can try if you like me to :>
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:23 pm

i surely like too :D
i've completed the campaign on easy, now i started to do it again on the challenges - heroic and iron.. and it seems to be pretty complicated, for example lvl 3 heroic can't beat... i'mn stuck there, the huge orks at the last wave just pass through, despites all the powers i use...
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Epicazeroth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:18 pm

The Holy Grail challenge is actually sort of misleading; it sounds like only with paladins, but its actually only barracks.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Julian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 pm

mikeleus wrote:i surely like too :D
i've completed the campaign on easy, now i started to do it again on the challenges - heroic and iron.. and it seems to be pretty complicated, for example lvl 3 heroic can't beat... i'mn stuck there, the huge orks at the last wave just pass through, despites all the powers i use...

Well I re-completed it, this time simply by first building an archer tower on every spot and upgrading them one by one afterwards.

General tips
- Start building on the spots which cover the biggest part of the path
- Same goes for upgrading, when doing so, start with the towers which cover the biggest part of the path
- Get the right mixture of towers. This is a trial-and-error process. On this specific level there are 5 different kinds of enemies: wulves, goblins, orcs, shamans and ogres. Archers work well against wulves, goblins and shamans. Mages work well against orcs and ogres. If you play the level and an ogre manages to pass through, you apparently need more mage towers and less archer towers. Still I used only archer towers. This is because of the shamans... it is really important to kill them as fast as possible so they won't be able to heal other enemies
- Always try to use reinforcements and rain of fire as soon and as strategic as possible
- Always call the next wave as soon as you think you can handle it, the extra money and especially the lowered cooldowns are very handy
(I tend to spawn reinforcements, call the next wave and immediately spawn reinforcements on the very same place alot)
- Building many level 1 towers vs Building a few upgraded towers is a hard one. It depends on the situation and for me this is also a trial-and-error process. In this case building as many towers as possible before upgrading them worked better

Hope that helps! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask ^^

p.s.
True epic :-) It's actually impossible without the use of barbarians as you need to kill some flying enemies
Last edited by Julian on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Epicazeroth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm

It would sorta make sense with paladins and magi using people only, but their religious institution would probably call wizards/mages/etc "pagan" or "unholy".
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Julian wrote:
mikeleus wrote:i surely like too :D
i've completed the campaign on easy, now i started to do it again on the challenges - heroic and iron.. and it seems to be pretty complicated, for example lvl 3 heroic can't beat... i'mn stuck there, the huge orks at the last wave just pass through, despites all the powers i use...

Well I re-completed it, this time simply by first building an archer tower on every spot and upgrading them one by one afterwards.

General tips
- Start building on the spots which cover the biggest part of the path
- Same goes for upgrading, when doing so, start with the towers which cover the biggest part of the path
- Get the right mixture of towers. This is a trial-and-error process. On this specific level there are 5 different kinds of enemies: wulves, goblins, orcs, shamans and ogres. Archers work well against wulves, goblins and shamans. Mages work well against orcs and ogres. If you play the level and an ogre manages to pass through, you apparently need more mage towers and less archer towers. Still I used only archer towers. This is because of the shamans... it is really important to kill them as fast as possible so they won't be able to heal other enemies
- Always try to use reinforcements and rain of fire as soon and as strategic as possible
- Always call the next wave as soon as you think you can handle it, the extra money and especially the lowered cooldowns are very handy
(I tend to spawn reinforcements, call the next wave and immediately spawn reinforcements on the very same place alot)
- Building many level 1 towers vs Building a few upgraded towers is a hard one. It depends on the situation and for me this is also a trial-and-error process. In this case building as many towers as possible before upgrading them worked better

Hope that helps! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask ^^

p.s.
True epic :-) It's actually impossible without the use of barbarians as you need to kill some flying enemies



dude, i just used archers on lvl 3 heroic, as you suggested and I won! yay, thanks a bunch, and thanks for the general tips, i'll advance through the game :D

also, while i'm passing the challenges, i;m trying to beat the sarelgaz's layir... tried like 4-5 times already, so far - no luck :D
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by Epicazeroth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

mikeleus wrote:also, while i'm passing the challenges, i;m trying to beat the sarelgaz's layir... tried like 4-5 times already, so far - no luck :D

You can't beat Sarelgz's lair campaign? If so, go to the sarelgaz's lair topic and find kotobukimedia's second try. Watch it. Or you can search it on YouTube.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Elementalist Achievement???

by mikeleus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:
mikeleus wrote:also, while i'm passing the challenges, i;m trying to beat the sarelgaz's layir... tried like 4-5 times already, so far - no luck :D

You can't beat Sarelgz's lair campaign? If so, go to the sarelgaz's lair topic and find kotobukimedia's second try. Watch it. Or you can search it on YouTube.


i saw that video and tried once, but i guess i'm slow for it.. cn't pass over the tenish wave :D
i'll keep on trying, thanks!
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Austin, Texas


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 40 guests