Suggestion: Road Blocks

For the King!

Suggestion: Road Blocks

by adam5599 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:01 pm

ROAD BLOCKS

a spell or something you can buy and place on the road to slow down or stop enemies until they knock it down.

perhaps:
level 1: a tree lying across road
level 2: more trees
level 3: a small boulder wall
level 4: a stronger stone wall
level 5: a spiky wall (maybe does a bit of damage?) or maybe with some archers behind it?

maybe it could be upgraded with stars? as part of the upgrades columns. Or money could be spent to purchase it.

It would probably be a good idea to severely limit the number of blocks allowed or limit how effective they are.

Hope you like this idea!
User

Re: Suggestion: Road Blocks

by norbz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Wow good idea! That would be really good because you can have it as a special ability along with the meteor strike and re-enforcement's. I really hope they consider this.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:24 pm

put it on the official suggestions topic by vanzen. more people go there.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by SoulSeeker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 pm

This destroys the purpose of reinforcements. :/
I also don't think that would be upgradeable..Pretty bland in my eyes.
Last edited by SoulSeeker on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:35 pm

SoulSeeker wrote:This destroys the purpose of reinforcements. :/
I also don't think the would be upgradeable..Pretty bland in my eyes.

nothing you just said makes any sense to me soulseeker
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by SoulSeeker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:
I also don't think the would be upgradeable..Pretty bland in my eyes.

nothing you just said makes any sense to me soulseeker

If this is a suggestion, it's not a good one in my opinion.
With this, all it does it dispose of Reinforcements.
Which is lame.

That good enough? :/
User

by Julian » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Totally agreed Soul.
There's already a way to slow down enemies; reinforcements, and they are way more versatile than road blocks.
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

I meant I didn't understand how it gets rid of reinforcements. Just because there's a wall deoesnt mean you can't put reinforcements. To the person who posted this: trees are stronger than brick walls depending on what type. Theres a tree that deflects bullets, it's bark is that hard.
Image Image
User

by SoulSeeker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:I meant I didn't understand how it gets rid of reinforcements. Just because there's a wall deoesnt mean you can't put reinforcements. To the person who posted this: trees are stronger than brick walls depending on what type. Theres a tree that deflects bullets, it's bark is that hard.

You do realize that reinforcements are meant to delay the enemy or eliminate a final few enemies, right?
The trees/walls would just delay, which is lame.

All we need is reinforcements, yeah.
Last edited by SoulSeeker on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 pm

I reAlize that. I'm not stupid you know. But you can have a wall and reinforcements. What if the wall is a diverter rather than a stopper like In canyon defense.
Image Image
User

by SoulSeeker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:I reAlize that. I'm not stupid you know. But you can have a wall and reinforcements. What if the wall is a diverter rather than a stopper like In canyon defense.

No one said stupid.
You're just fighting for something obviously unnecessary.

Now you want walls to be added to reinforcements?
OP much? :/
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Maybe I m beingmparanoid. I'm not insisting that it be put in, I'm just saying it's not the worst idea in the world. I think it's a good idea but I realize that reinforcements serve the same purpose. Walls can also be used to divert enemies not block them. What if walls or barricades were an upgrade to reinforcements. Like if they hid behind a wall or if one was put in front of them to stop enemies in addition to the soldiers themselves.
Image Image
User

by SoulSeeker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:49 am

Epicazeroth wrote:Maybe I m beingmparanoid. I'm not insisting that it be put in, I'm just saying it's not the worst idea in the world. I think it's a good idea but I realize that reinforcements serve the same purpose. Walls can also be used to divert enemies not block them. What if walls or barricades were an upgrade to reinforcements. Like if they hid behind a wall or if one was put in front of them to stop enemies in addition to the soldiers themselves.

Reinforcements divert enemies when they keep they contained and occupied for a period of time..

Also, I said that adding walls to reinforcements would just make them OP.
User

by Vanzen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:22 am

The wall idea came up during brainstorm, but as someone suggested, reinforcements already offer this mechanic somehow, and also barracks. We figured it was more fun to see a combat of 5 to 8 soldiers than see enemies attacking a rock or a wall. Also obstacles presented several problems with placing that we thought was not worth the trouble.

So how about a pool of goo that slows them down?
Yes we had this idea but it didn't feel cool enough as a spell.. maybe something to leave for the sequel :)
Ironhide Developer

by SoulSeeker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 am

Vanzen wrote:The wall idea came up during brainstorm, but as someone suggested, reinforcements already offer this mechanic somehow, and also barracks. We figured it was more fun to see a combat of 5 to 8 soldiers than see enemies attacking a rock or a wall. Also obstacles presented several problems with placing that we thought was not worth the trouble.

So how about a pool of goo that slows them down?
Yes we had this idea but it didn't feel cool enough as a spell.. maybe something to leave for the sequel :)

Pool of Goo?
I was going to suggest adding this with poison to make it cool, but then I remember Meteors + it's upgrades.

Maybe a pool of goo that stops the enemy for a period, and then sticks onto them slowing them down for a short period.

Upgrade 1: Larger pool radius
Upgrade 2: Longer time on field
Upgrade 3: Sticks on enemy longer
Upgrade 4: Deals 3 dmg per second on enemy
Upgrade 5: Increased radius + time on field
Upgrade 6??: Creates two pools
User

by Epicazeroth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Since people seem to want more level specific things, what if in a level where your protecting a castle like in the lineria level the defender would have set up barricades before you got there?
Image Image
User

by EnDotter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Id rather go without this way of delaying enemies. It is just armless reinforcement, and it doesnt appeal to me (yeah, subjective thought).
If u wanna slow down enemies more id rather go with a different tower upgrade of, lets say, an enchanter's tower that would be able to cast spells like confusion (change of movement direction or total path change on road intersections...), mental domination (a few seconds of change of heart for the foes) or like disarmament of enemies making them "easy" targets for your soldiers. It sucks like road blocks but i kinda need to write something to feel cool. :D
User

by norbz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 pm

SoulSeeker wrote:
Epicazeroth wrote:I meant I didn't understand how it gets rid of reinforcements. Just because there's a wall deoesnt mean you can't put reinforcements. To the person who posted this: trees are stronger than brick walls depending on what type. Theres a tree that deflects bullets, it's bark is that hard.

You do realize that reinforcements are meant to delay the enemy or eliminate a final few enemies, right?

I think its great, he did say that it could be upgraded with spikes to give damage, the enemy would knock down the wall, with a collapsed tree they could just slowly climb over it. Re informents can stand behind and throw spears.
User

by norbz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:I reAlize that. I'm not stupid you know. But you can have a wall and reinforcements. What if the wall is a diverter rather than a stopper like In canyon defense.

There could be floor spikes or something that damages them on the floor as well. I think its a good idea.
User

by Epicazeroth » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 pm

norbz wrote:
SoulSeeker wrote:

I think its great, he did say that it could be upgraded with spikes to give damage, the enemy would knock down the wall, with a collapsed tree they could just slowly climb over it. Re informents can stand behind and throw spears.

Exactly. The barriers aren't alone, they could be an upgrade for reinforcements so they could have better protection.
Image Image
User

Next