Trouble with Pandamonium

For the King!

Trouble with Pandamonium

by belsidus04 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey everybody! I'm new to this and just got KR for Steam so this question is out of date but anyway. I'm having terrible time with Pandamoneium Veteran level. Just can't do it. I've looked at many walkthroughs on line, read this forum, and still can't win. Seems like other people have trouble, too. Are there problems with this level? I have noticed that on this level enemies can get through the exit without being hit by anything--they will walk right by reinforcements that are directly in their way, and towers that have them in range will not fire at them. Is this a bug that's developed? Does anyone have any basic tips for this level? It seems insanely difficult in comparison to every other field of every other KR--including Rim of Fire. Gracias!!
User

Re: Trouble with Pandamonium

by Ninja » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Welcome to the forums! :D

I can't remember the exact strategy I used for the level, but I do remember that I had 12 Arcane Wizards and 2 Holy Orders by the end of it. I seem to remember using Teslas early on and then selling them in exchange for some Wizards, but I'm not totally sure about that. It's been such a long time since I last played the level that I'll have to go play it again to give you better tips. BTW, if your strategy works well until late game and you really don't want to restart, then don't be afraid to use a couple Chill Wands. They're quite helpful when you're struggling. The last time I played the level, I beat it without a problem; but the first time I played it I needed to use 5 Chill Wands just to survive!
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:hero:
User

by belsidus04 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Thanks for the reply--I'll try this way, though at the moment it's just one more strategy for me to fail at! But what is a Chill Wand?? Am I missing something? Thanks! Actually--I just looked this up. In case I didn't mention it, I'm playing KR on my Laptop--not on a mobile device. So I don't have any way to get those 1-time items.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Hey, Belsidus! I hope you get to stay here and have a great time on the forum! :D

Arcane Wizards are slow and deal damage that demons are resistant to, so I wouldn't recommend using them, especially on Pamdaemonium, which is pretty strict. Here's my advice:

The Tesla is an extremely useful, arguably-OP tower that excels in slaying armies of foes with no physical resistance. Make 2 of those on the left and right of the map, upgrading each to the same level at the same time. Make sure to get Overcharge and fully upgrade it on one side, and focus your spells on defending the other side to balance your defence against the waves that equally assail each half of the map.

You should get enough just gold for 2 Sorcerer Towers between the wave after the Demon Imps and the arrival of Cerberus, so make sure to place Sorcerer Towers next to each Tesla and get the Earth Elemental, whose durability can stall Cerberus while the mages take off half of its health. Leave the elemental unupgraded until it starts to lose HP fighting Cerberus, and upgrade it when under 60 HP in order to fully restore its health and stall Cerberus longer.

The last hard wave comes after this, where a bunch of Demon Spawn, Gulaemons, and Lords come. The Elementals and reinforce cannot block them all, so get a barrack in the very centre of the bottom of the map, between the Sorcerer Towers who are between the Teslas. Upgrade to Paladins and get all of the defensive bonuses, being Shield of Valor and Healing Light. Demon Explosions are negated by armor, so get the armor upgrade soon. Preferably, buy 1 Healing Light upgrade to make it start charging, then upgrade armor, and finish up the upgrades for Healing Light. Holy Strike is also important on Normal or Veteran because the Demon Spawn can survive the Overcharge Blasts and need AOE attacks to be finished off.

If you like calling waves instantly like me, you'll have extra gold and might be able to fight an extra Tesla before Cerberus. Build it on the left, near the first Tesla on the left, and just get Overcharge. The other upgrade is twice as expensive (plus 1 ;) ) and too risky before getting both Earth Elementals. Also, as the Flareons come out, keep your hero away from them at all times. It's better to level them up by dealing reduced damage to the heavily-armoured Demon Legions than to not level up at all because they're dead. Kiting them and using reinforcements is a possibility, but usually too distracting, leading to the loss of a couple of valuable lives in the process.

After the massive wave of demons after Cerberus is done, things get a lot easier. Spamming Teslas, Sorcerer Towers, and Ranger Hideouts across the map with get you enough crowd control and DPS to deal with Moloch and his minions. :) If you have anymore questions, let me know. I can also get screenshots to show you step-by-step what to buy and where to use Rain of Fire.

The game has no levels as hard as Pandaemonium, so enjoy the satisfaction of victory while you can. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Hey, Belsidus! I hope you get to stay here and have a great time on the forum! :D

Arcane Wizards are slow and deal damage that demons are resistant to, so I wouldn't recommend using them, especially on Pamdaemonium, which is pretty strict.

I wouldn't say that; I absolutely crushed the level with Arcane Wizards. You do have to micro the Paladins that I spoke of above a LOT, but once you get the hang of it, you're all good.
User

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:54 am

OK, well the strategy you gave me worked pretty well and then Moloch just cleaned me out. I don't get it. He's unstoppable--one-shot killing the hero, elementals, everything around him, and then there's 950000 demon legions which I won't be able to beat even if I do kill Moloch. Again--this level seems needlessly and uncommonly hard. And I'm not the only person who's written that. I guess I'll keep trying--obviously I did one teeny thing wrong someplace....
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:56 am

belsidus04 wrote:OK, well the strategy you gave me worked pretty well and then Moloch just cleaned me out. I don't get it. He's unstoppable--one-shot killing the hero, elementals, everything around him, and then there's 950000 demon legions which I won't be able to beat even if I do kill Moloch. Again--this level seems needlessly and uncommonly hard. And I'm not the only person who's written that. I guess I'll keep trying--obviously I did one teeny thing wrong someplace....

If you're talking to me (And I don't think you are), then my answer to Moloch is to block him with Gerald or Hacksaw. :) (Don't try to block him with multiple units, or he'll just use his AoE instakill on them. A single target is the only thing that won't be destroyed. Therefore, use a hero to block him.)
User

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:10 am

Thanks, Ninja--my comment was mostly in response to BBB, but it'll be interesting to try your way, too. I use Elora a lot, but on Pandemonium she's not a good blocker (obvio!).
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:12 am

belsidus04 wrote:Thanks, Ninja--my comment was mostly in response to BBB, but it'll be interesting to try your way, too. I use Elora a lot, but on Pandemonium she's not a good blocker (obvio!).

You're welcome. I can also give you a screenshot if you would like me to. :)
User

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:32 am

Also--thanks, BBB!!!
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:36 am

belsidus04 wrote:Also--thanks, BBB!!!

Did you beat it with his strategy? :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 am

belsidus04 wrote:OK, well the strategy you gave me worked pretty well and then Moloch just cleaned me out. I don't get it. He's unstoppable--one-shot killing the hero, elementals, everything around him, and then there's 950000 demon legions which I won't be able to beat even if I do kill Moloch. Again--this level seems needlessly and uncommonly hard. And I'm not the only person who's written that. I guess I'll keep trying--obviously I did one teeny thing wrong someplace....

Upon killing Moloch, all of the enemies will die. Just make sure to slay him quickly and his army won't be a problem. ;)

If you need help killing him, build 3 Teslas with Overcharge to protect the middle path that he comes from. You should also be able to build a Sorcerer Tower on the right, with just enough range to reach the boss. Purchase an Earth Elemental as soon as Moloch gets in range, and use the same tactic for Cerberus, upgrading the Elemental as its HP drops to fatal levels to maximise its lifespan. Keep all other troops away from it, as having more than 1 unit nearby will make Moloch use his instant kill power. The Elemental, Sorcerer Tower, and 3 upgraded Teslas should deal enough damage that Rain of Fire will swiftly finish the Demon Overlord off, along with his minions. On wave 15, wait until wave 16's icon appears and use ROF on the sepulchre in front of Moloch's throne, call the wave early, and use your freshly-recharged ROF as soon as he starts to fight the elemental. Focus your hero and reinforcements on holding back the Demon Legions for as long as necessary, in other words, until Moloch is defeated.

Do you have any other premium heroes? Gerald is the best free hero, but Ignus or Oni would work best, since they both deal good damage and are immune to big threats in the level, like the fire pits and Flareons (Ignus) and Infernal Combustion(Oni).
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:19 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:

Upon killing Moloch, all of the enemies will die. Just make sure to slay him quickly and his army won't be a problem. ;)

After beating the level for the first time, I watched a walkthough for fun because I wanted to see another strat. The youtuber I watched was playing on Steam, and on a laptop, and it doesn't work the same way on a PC. A number of Legions spawn after Moloch is killed and they appear to be quite difficult to take care of.
User

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 pm

I've noticed that there are discrepancies between the walkthroughs I've watched and my own experience--the biggest one being that in the Steam version when Moloch dies the enemies do NOT die--so with all those Legions it's game over. It's hard to tell from walkthroughs what platform they are using--sometimes they say they're on Steam. Unless I'm missing something???? Also on Steam all the heroes are free, so I guess I should play around with that....

I'm also super confused about the exit--like I said above, some enemies seem to be untouchable for about the last part of the exit path....
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:17 pm

belsidus04 wrote:I'm also super confused about the exit--like I said above, some enemies seem to be untouchable for about the last part of the exit path....

Yes, that's true. Some levels work differently, such as Pandaemonium. The enemies on this level are invulnerable and unengageable after passing the exit flags, but are still on screen.
User

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:23 pm

OK. I'm declaring this impossible. Made it to Moloch; killed him pretty effectively. Had Teslas going like mad all over the board. Still Demon Legions spawning like crazy--if Moloch dying killed any of them I couldn't see it. There must have been 100 of them by the time I was overrun. I never had a chance. WTF?? What am I doing wrong here??
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:35 pm

belsidus04 wrote:OK. I'm declaring this impossible. Made it to Moloch; killed him pretty effectively. Had Teslas going like mad all over the board. Still Demon Legions spawning like crazy--if Moloch dying killed any of them I couldn't see it. There must have been 100 of them by the time I was overrun. I never had a chance. WTF?? What am I doing wrong here??

OK, if you get to that point, do this: You need Sorcerers to lower their armor. Then, sell a few Teslas and build Big Berthas. If you still have trouble, sell a few more Teslas and buy Paladins with Holy Strike III.

Also, Legions are a breeze if you use my strategy. The Arcane Wizards teleport them back so many times that the enemies barely even get time to walk, and then their normal attacks finish each one in 3 hits.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Balance out the usage of Teslas and Sorcerers on the far sides of the map. Sorcerers make Teslas capable of further harming the enemies since they lower armour. 1 Rangers Hideout on each side can use Wrath of the Forest to stall them, allowing towers to do more harm. If Moloch isn't causing much harm, save Rain of Fire to kill the Legions instead.

There is a glitch where Legions spawn almost infinitely after Moloch is killed. Maybe you're experiencing this.
BBB

by belsidus04 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Balance out the usage of Teslas and Sorcerers on the far sides of the map. Sorcerers make Teslas capable of further harming the enemies since they lower armour. 1 Rangers Hideout on each side can use Wrath of the Forest to stall them, allowing towers to do more harm. If Moloch isn't causing much harm, save Rain of Fire to kill the Legions instead.

There is a glitch where Legions spawn almost infinitely after Moloch is killed. Maybe you're experiencing this.

AHA!! So there IS a glitch!!!!!! I knew it!!! Well, I'm still losing every time, but if the infinite spawn thing really is a mistake, then I don't feel so bad (...although I don't see how I can win in that case....
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm

belsidus04 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Balance out the usage of Teslas and Sorcerers on the far sides of the map. Sorcerers make Teslas capable of further harming the enemies since they lower armour. 1 Rangers Hideout on each side can use Wrath of the Forest to stall them, allowing towers to do more harm. If Moloch isn't causing much harm, save Rain of Fire to kill the Legions instead.

AHA!! So there IS a glitch!!!!!! I knew it!!! Well, I'm still losing every time, but if the infinite spawn thing really is a mistake, then I don't feel so bad (...although I don't see how I can win in that case....

Yes, there's a glitch, but it only happens rarely. Just replay the level with the same strat a few times and you'll eventually win.
User

Next