Which is your most hated enemy?

For the King!

Which is your most hated enemy?

by Sinque Productions » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 am

Which enemies make you want to rage quit?
There are sadly so many annoying enemies to pick from.
Also, sorry if someone else did this.
Mine:
KR: Shadow Archers
They kill your heroes, soldiers, and reinforcements, and are practically unkillable themselves. They stay in packs behind higher health enemies and are deadly at melee when you try to pick them off.
KTF: Dune Raiders
Unfightable until they get to your barraks at the end of the path. Then the break through and make you lose all your lives.
KRO: Twilight Harassers
Like Shadow Archers, but they're even deadlier. Also, they do shadow jump and unleash a barrage of arrows killing everything.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

Re: Which is your most hated enemy?

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:56 am

The only enemy I truly have a burning hatred for is the Blacksurge. I spare no mercy for those dastardly demonic incarnations of all evil in this world--I waste entire rounds of Meteor Showers, instakills and giant Reg'nos lasers solely on them to ensure their swift disposal.

I mean, a tower-disabling ability? That isn't one-use only? Paired with invulnerability and regeneration? The heck, man? Some of the bosses can't even manage something as OP as that.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 am

Per KR game:
1. Flareons- They make me unable to use heroes, which takes away fun. Rocket Riders are a close second but they at least have cool ways to counter them that are unlike any other enemy. Flareons are pretty bland.
2. Blacksurges- They make Rising Tides less fun than Shadowmoon in my opinion. Their tower block and invulnerability ends up wasting lots of important powers and flooding in more enemies.
3. Webspitter Spiders- The bane of Origins Endless Mode.

Blacksurges take the cake out of all 3.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:03 am

Blacks urges are the bane of all existence, but scourgers and evokers En Masse are also incredibly annoying
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:51 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Blacks urges are the bane of all existence, but scourgers and evokers En Masse are also incredibly annoying

Lol naw they ain't. I don't know, but I'm not bothered at all by Scourgers. Blacksurges, though, they're just take-candy-from-children evil.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Kr: Legion
Krf: bluegale
Kro: Tw Heretic
Yes it's me

by Anorak » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:18 pm

KR: shadow archer
KRF: bluegale, Saurian deathcoil
KRO: gloomy
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Blacksurges aren't that bad; a single Regnos beam will instakill them at full upgrades, and they're extremely vulnerable to instakills and are further vulnerable when on water. In fact, all the big enemies in RT invite instakills willingly. And Rocket Riders aren't that bad either, for that matter, all you have to do is place reinforcements w/ spears at the entrances and you're set. I just found them fun to fight, not terrifying or annoying. As for Shadow Archers (and the Dark Knights that so often tend to accompany them), say hello to my little friend: maxed out Rain of Fire! The most hated enemies here don't seem to actually be that bad at all. :?

I can relate to disliking Webspitters because of Endless Mode, though.

As for my most hated enemies personally, I'd have to say Troll Breakers in KR, for sucking the fun out of Tesla spam destruction sprees; and tied with them are Skeleton Knights, for having OP stats whilst also being a continuously spawning enemy, this problem being especially prominent when playing on Veteran because Demon Spawn are also turning into S. Knights then; and then in KRF, Parasytes/Reapers, especially in the Endless Mode; and as for KRO, in that I don't really hate any enemy(s), though I do dislike Webspitters somewhat, like I said above.
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Problem is though, insta-kills, unsurprisingly, are expensive. And so is a maxed Shrine (1500 g). In KRF, the only non-hero IK's are Sneak Attack and Core Drill. Respectively, they're 685 g and 1465 g, and that's just to gain access to them. And remember, Sneak Attack is a chance insta-kill.
Also, cooldowns.

Blacksurges are a pain early on, but once you get your defense established, they aren't as bad. Still a pain when they aren't on water tho.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 am

AerisDraco wrote:Problem is though, insta-kills, unsurprisingly, are expensive. And so is a maxed Shrine (1500 g). In KRF, the only non-hero IK's are Sneak Attack and Core Drill. Respectively, they're 685 g and 1465 g, and that's just to gain access to them. And remember, Sneak Attack is a chance insta-kill.
Also, cooldowns.

Blacksurges are a pain early on, but once you get your defense established, they aren't as bad. Still a pain when they aren't on water tho.

Sneak Attack can be afforded early on, and the Assassins won't deal enough damage to the Blacksurge to send it into invincibility, and the Blacksurge likewise cannot harm them enough to kill all 3 before another respawns, thus allowing the Assassins to have a virtually amount of time to instakill the Blacksurge. In fact, a little more than half of the time, a L.2 Shrine will kill Blacksurges.
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by magicmetal03 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:37 am

KR:Forest Trolls
KRF:Parasites
KRO:Blood Orge-Summoning B.Gnolls that is vulnerable to magic,then he himself have High Magic armor,I hate Blood Orges.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Juice Box » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 am

Ninja wrote:Sneak Attack can be afforded early on, and the Assassins won't deal enough damage to the Blacksurge to send it into invincibility, and the Blacksurge likewise cannot harm them enough to kill all 3 before another respawns, thus allowing the Assassins to have a virtually amount of time to instakill the Blacksurge. In fact, a little more than half of the time, a L.2 Shrine will kill Blacksurges.

Your hypothetical situation is wrong, unless you're a horrible player:

Ninja wrote:the Assassins won't deal enough damage to the Blacksurge to send it into invincibility

Of course it won't, but it's not like the Assassins will be alone while they fight the Blacksurge. Obviously, it'll have other towers around it and those towers will deal damage, or else you're a horrible player who doesn't understand what Barracks are for.

Ninja wrote:the Blacksurge likewise cannot harm them enough to kill all 3 before another respawns

But it doesn't need to, since only one Assassin at a time will likely be able to fight a Blacksurge--the other two will be busy getting electrocuted by Bluegale storms and trapped in Greenfin nets, or maybe they just can't land a lucky Sneak Attack on that one Bloodshell. Either way, Blacksurges can dispose of Assassins easier than you think unless you upgrade them with Dodge III, which isn't really a good idea when you factor in the immensely scarce amount of gold you get in RT levels.

Now, really, I've spent a lot of time at one point formulating a strategy for RT, so I know what I'm saying: Assassins aren't all that good against Blacksurges. You will practically need to use that Shrine to the fullest, since it's the only directable instakill the player has for the whole levels, assuming they don't have Sha'Tra. The problem, though, is that the Shrine recharges extremely slowly, and Blacksurges show up in larger numbers later on. It sucks if you're like me or BBB, the kind of player who calls in new waves immediately, since Rising Tides forces you to wait for your Shrine to reload so you can instakill that Blacksurge as quick as possible.

And affording Assassins early on isn't actually that effective. Gold in the Rising Tides levels are extremely scarce--the levels force you to create the most flexible defense you can think of. Assassins aren't as good of an option in Rising Tides since literally four enemies present in the levels can immobilize them with ease (Greenfin, Deviltide, Bluegale, Bloodshell). This means Assassins with Sneak Attack are still only good against Redspines and Blacksurges, and since you want a defense that's extremely flexible as well as cheap, you'll want to instead use just normal Knights, or maybe even Templars.

Now, I know that sounds silly--Templars are completely outclassed by Assassins--but the thing is Rising Tides enemies are extremely low in numbers, and often deal very low damage. Templars are somehow capable of shrugging off a Bluegale's storm when an Assassin would falter, and it doesn't matter if they get immobilized by Greenfins or Deviltides because lol, their damage is pathetic, anyway, and you're only getting them because of their health bar. What's even better is that they're good the moment you get them--if you want an Assassin to do well against Blacksurges, you'll still need to spend an extra 525 gold on him to maximize Sneak Attack chance. Compare that to just having even a normal, unupgraded Templar, who will effortlessly hold his ground until your Shrine recharges, it's somehow a more viable option.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 am

The only time I've ever seen assassins alone be useful and have a reliable instakill is one the second rising tides level, where one barracks guards the second exit, and that's it's. I made a mistake of giving them Sneak Attack instead of dodge and thus was surprised when I didn't see and Bloodshells coming for me. Only then I realised they even had an instakill chance
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Whether you choose to use Templars or Assassins doesn't matter; either way my point still stands, which is that Blacksurges are easily dealt with by stalling them until they can be instakilled.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Ninja wrote:Blacksurges aren't that bad; a single Regnos beam will instakill them at full upgrades, and they're extremely vulnerable to instakills and are further vulnerable when on water. In fact, all the big enemies in RT invite instakills willingly. And Rocket Riders aren't that bad either, for that matter, all you have to do is place reinforcements w/ spears at the entrances and you're set. I just found them fun to fight, not terrifying or annoying. As for Shadow Archers (and the Dark Knights that so often tend to accompany them), say hello to my little friend: maxed out Rain of Fire! The most hated enemies here don't seem to actually be that bad at all. :?

As for my most hated enemies personally, I'd have to say Troll Breakers in KR, for sucking the fun out of Tesla spam destruction sprees; and tied with them are Skeleton Knights, for having OP stats whilst also being a continuously spawning enemy, this problem being especially prominent when playing on Veteran because Demon Spawn are also turning into S. Knights then; and then in KRF, Parasytes/Reapers, especially in the Endless Mode; and as for KRO, in that I don't really hate any enemy(s), though I do dislike Webspitters somewhat, like I said above.

Every time people share opinions, the arguments start with your posts. ;)

I'm not going to get involved in this, since JB is handling it all on her own.
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Blacksurges aren't that bad; a single Regnos beam will instakill them at full upgrades, and they're extremely vulnerable to instakills and are further vulnerable when on water. In fact, all the big enemies in RT invite instakills willingly. And Rocket Riders aren't that bad either, for that matter, all you have to do is place reinforcements w/ spears at the entrances and you're set. I just found them fun to fight, not terrifying or annoying. As for Shadow Archers (and the Dark Knights that so often tend to accompany them), say hello to my little friend: maxed out Rain of Fire! The most hated enemies here don't seem to actually be that bad at all. :?

Every time people share opinions, the arguments start with your posts. ;)

I'm not going to get involved in this, since JB is handling it all on her own.

And why is that bad? Debating is fun.
User

by RZRider » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Ninja, there is arguing and then there is debating. They are most definitely different
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm

RZRider wrote:Ninja, there is arguing and then there is debating. They are most definitely different

The only difference is that debating indicates a more formal approach. Your point?
User

by Juice Box » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:21 am

Ninja wrote:Whether you choose to use Templars or Assassins doesn't matter; either way my point still stands, which is that Blacksurges are easily dealt with by stalling them until they can be instakilled.

Umm, yes it does. Assassins can't stall very without Dodge. Everyone knows that. But then even Dodge won't work very well, since most enemies can still bypass that:
- Greenfins can still immobilize them with nets.
- So can Deviltides.
- Bluegales can kill them from afar with their storms and ranged attacks.
- Bloodshells just don't care 'cause they have way too much health, anyway.

Plus, it isn't even just about stalling effectively until they get instakilled. It's also about gold. Like I said, Rising Tides has extremely scarce gold. And since unupgraded Templars work just as well as Assassins with Dodge but are also 525G cheaper, this makes them the more viable option.

But really, I can't even stress how low the goldcount in Rising Tides is. In the last level, you literally get roughly only around 10K worth of gold. Since you'll always spend 1.5K on the Shrine because it's your most powerful asset, you'll be left with around 8.5K. That's only roughly good for 4-6 fully-upgraded towers, and you'll have to defend two exits. Gold must be rationed wisely in RT, and an excellent way to do that would be to get Templars instead of Assassins.
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:08 am

I assume fully upgraded does not mean Level 4 towers, right?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

Next