Which is your most hated enemy?

For the King!

Re: Which is your most hated enemy?

by Sinque Productions » Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 am

I love demons because how beautiful they are <3
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Manijure » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Blacksurges, by far. They are like Nazeru, but cheap spammers. Even Axethrowers' totems are useless if they are silenced beforehand. And the fact that they can ALSO heal, be invulnerable (at least vulnerable to instakills), AND move at the same time is a cheap move. Essentially only barracks and Battle Mechas can do anything, which barely dent their high armor. Ironhide took the difficulty up to eleven in Rising Tides because of those despicable green... things.

Webspitters are a close second due to the fact that they can wreck chokepoint strategies. At least they do not spam their webs and are somewhat manageable with high-leveled Archers.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:38 pm

I wouldn't find Blacksurgs to be so annoying if they didn't soak up damage while they were invulnerable. Towers and heroes will keep wasting all of their firepower at the little piece of poop that's digging slowly past everything else. It makes the towers look dumb when there are other enemies yet they're kept safe because the towers are focusing on the invulnerable Blacksurge.
BBB

by Juice Box » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:the little piece of poop

YESSSS!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW BLACKSURGE SHELLS LIKE THAT

BBB BB OMG ILY
User

by Simmonds91 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 pm

Hero spell or comet strike them, no problem
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Manijure » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:Hero spell or comet strike them, no problem

Hero Spells don't exist in Frontiers, and Blacksurges usually do not travel in groups, so Rain of Fire is not worth finishing one off unless he's grouped with Greenfins or Deviltides. Regardless, there are at least ten Blacksurges per level, with each of them durable to survive a fully upgraded Rain of Fire if he's full health. Everything about them is ridiculously annoying.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:the little piece of poop

YESSSS!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW BLACKSURGE SHELLS LIKE THAT

BBB BB OMG ILY

I do too
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Juice Box » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:01 am

Manijure wrote:
Simmonds91 wrote:Hero spell or comet strike them, no problem

Hero Spells don't exist in Frontiers, and Blacksurges usually do not travel in groups, so Rain of Fire is not worth finishing one off unless he's grouped with Greenfins or Deviltides. Regardless, there are at least ten Blacksurges per level, with each of them durable to survive a fully upgraded Rain of Fire if he's full health. Everything about them is ridiculously annoying.

There's also how they have ridiculous lightning-fast reflexes with their stupid poop armor. Unless all the meteors strike them at once, the Blacksurge can just shrug it off and hide in his shell the moment the lethal strike comes.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:54 am

If you get lucky and a Battle Mecha stuns a Blacksurge, you might be able to kill it before the stun wears off and they use invulnerability. I've done it a couple of times, though I prefer to move Dante around them, not attacking until I see a low-HP stunned Blacksurge so that I can let Dante finish it with Silver Bullet. :twisted:
BBB

by casual_player » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:54 am

ettins are CANCER in the early levels for me just because I usually don't have enough firepower to kill them early on
User

by Sebliend » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:02 pm

a
Last edited by Sebliend on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Sebliend wrote:
casual_player wrote:ettins are CANCER in the early levels for me just because I usually don't have enough firepower to kill them early on

I see Ettins as free gold..

If you used your gold on stone henge towers I can understand why you don't have enough fire power to kill them. -- don't buy stone henge towers. Ever.

Just spam archer or wizard towers, or just get a Wild Magus. Those towers should very easily be able to kill Ettins.

Don't be too hard on him; his name is "casual_player" after all. ;)
:hero:
User

by nova_n » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:05 am

enemy i hate the most?

Kr: DEMON LEGION

the enemy realy is not a problem, its just the levels they appear in offer too little money to deal both adequet physical and magic damage

krf:none. tribal axethrowers and my good strategic philosophy made this game too easy.

kro: twighlight harassers.
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Dark Slayer Larry » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:12 am

KR: Not yet played it
KRF: Saurian Nightscales, they break my defenses and lose my 3 star rank
KRO: Mounted Avengers, its too much health for such an speed enemy in that numbers on that level :(
When I create enemies, I create it, when I create strategies or combinations, I make it, ask to me if do you want to create a custom expansion, or valorate it.
User

by casual_player » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:36 am

i actually just played rising tides, and the green poop invulnerable tower-disabling need to use regneros tower blacksurges are by far the most hated and annoying enemy i have ever seen in my days
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:42 am

In KR, I really hate Swamp Things. They have so much HP, regenerate quickly, and have a deadly ranged attack. And they come in groups, practically slay anyone stand in their way but Paladins with Healing Light. Early on they are not so strong, but they come in larger and larger groups later on, so they put a massive pressure on the final choke point I make, where the two paths collide.

In KRF, I hate Blacksurge, for reasons many people have stated above. I also hate Deathcoils, for not letting me use my hero in that final, epic stage :x

In KRO, I hate Avengers, because they are durable, and have that curse that kills all my troops.
User

by The Blademaster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:27 pm

KR: I remember I hated Raiders and Pillagers when I fought them. With their magic damage, they could easily rip apart any soldier, even paladins, in a matter of moments. Also, the fact that they had different types of resistance meant that a Mage or archer could pick the wrong target and the Raider and Pillagers could just continue walking to the exit without a scratch. Overall, they were a challenge I had not faced with the enemies of MCs. And they were just so annoying. :(

KRF: I found no enemy particularly annoying, but Blood Tricksters and Reapers/Parasytes were a nuisance. For me, Blood Tricksters were difficult because while they gave my towers and soldiers more enemies to fight, they stayed in the back lines. Reinforcements couldn't kill them, and it was difficult for me to position my hero so he could duel them. For me, it wasn't really the zombies who were annoying, but the Tricksters themselves.
When I played the Lost Jungle the first time, my strategy wasn't the best, so I would eventually get overrun by Gorillons and Reapers because of their damage (Reapers) and health (Gorillons). But then I changed my strategy and everything was better. :)
Note: I haven't played the MCs in Frontiers, so this might change.

I don't have Origins, so I can't say what my most hated enemy is in that game, for obvious reasons.
User

by Kaasmaster » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:29 pm

My most hated oponents are
1flareons these guys melt through your soldiers very fast move fast so their onley counter is 600 gold worth of wrath of the forrest
2 necromancers they are hard to counter because they sworm themselves with smal enemy's and have quite the zapping power :veznan:
User

by SJBlood » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:50 pm

KR: *drumroll* Shamans xD I HATE THOSE GUYS with passion.
KRF: Blacksurges. For the reasons stated above. Bluegales are up there too.
KRO: Twilight Heretics. I have no idea how to deal with these.
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by Filipuntik » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:05 pm

YES SHAMANS. The hatred is REAL. Two words: Heroic Pagras.

I agree with Blacksurges, even though eventually they became just a nuisance for me in case they managed to slip into my chokepoint. Nowadays my vote goes to Lycans. Good lord those guys are unkillable under full moon.

From Origins the vote is split between Twilight Heretics and Mounted Avengers. I still have no real idea what the former do (well they stun and instakill and fly real fast in a special order but ain't nobody got time to watch that) and they eventually, for some reason, end up meeting Reinforcements or get zapped right before the exit. The latter is annoying when unmounted (not really for the blasting curse, although the fact I STILL don't have the related achievement might mean something) but they are also hella tough. Now give them extra HP, super speed and send them along with the boss that I haven't defeated yet...
(For bonus salt add Evokers to the wave)
"Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?"
User

PreviousNext