Which is your most hated enemy?

For the King!

Re: Which is your most hated enemy?

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:59 pm

Towards the end of the Sunken Citadel, I always find myself with enough gold to mess around, usually 3 or 4 towers just placed in faraway locations to hit enemies maybe once or twice. However, the beginning parts of the level up until wave 11 tend to be the hardest, most deciding-of-your-victory waves.
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:Whether you choose to use Templars or Assassins doesn't matter; either way my point still stands, which is that Blacksurges are easily dealt with by stalling them until they can be instakilled.

Umm, yes it does. Assassins can't stall very without Dodge. Everyone knows that. But then even Dodge won't work very well, since most enemies can still bypass that:
- Greenfins can still immobilize them with nets.
- So can Deviltides.
- Bluegales can kill them from afar with their storms and ranged attacks.
- Bloodshells just don't care 'cause they have way too much health, anyway.

Plus, it isn't even just about stalling effectively until they get instakilled. It's also about gold. Like I said, Rising Tides has extremely scarce gold. And since unupgraded Templars work just as well as Assassins with Dodge but are also 525G cheaper, this makes them the more viable option.

But really, I can't even stress how low the goldcount in Rising Tides is. In the last level, you literally get roughly only around 10K worth of gold. Since you'll always spend 1.5K on the Shrine because it's your most powerful asset, you'll be left with around 8.5K. That's only roughly good for 4-6 fully-upgraded towers, and you'll have to defend two exits. Gold must be rationed wisely in RT, and an excellent way to do that would be to get Templars instead of Assassins.

I understand your liking to Templars in RT, but my most basic statement still stands; in that all you need to easily kill a Blacksurge is a reliable blocker and an instakill.
:hero:
User

by Juice Box » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:26 am

Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
Ninja wrote:Whether you choose to use Templars or Assassins doesn't matter; either way my point still stands, which is that Blacksurges are easily dealt with by stalling them until they can be instakilled.

Umm, yes it does. Assassins can't stall very without Dodge. Everyone knows that. But then even Dodge won't work very well, since most enemies can still bypass that:
- Greenfins can still immobilize them with nets.
- So can Deviltides.
- Bluegales can kill them from afar with their storms and ranged attacks.
- Bloodshells just don't care 'cause they have way too much health, anyway.

Plus, it isn't even just about stalling effectively until they get instakilled. It's also about gold. Like I said, Rising Tides has extremely scarce gold. And since unupgraded Templars work just as well as Assassins with Dodge but are also 525G cheaper, this makes them the more viable option.

But really, I can't even stress how low the goldcount in Rising Tides is. In the last level, you literally get roughly only around 10K worth of gold. Since you'll always spend 1.5K on the Shrine because it's your most powerful asset, you'll be left with around 8.5K. That's only roughly good for 4-6 fully-upgraded towers, and you'll have to defend two exits. Gold must be rationed wisely in RT, and an excellent way to do that would be to get Templars instead of Assassins.

I understand your liking to Templars in RT, but my most basic statement still stands; in that all you need to easily kill a Blacksurge is a reliable blocker and an instakill.

Perfect, then you'll realize that based on what I just said, that Assassins don't make reliable blockers in RT.

I'd once again repeat why, but since I've stated it twice already, I think you can figure it out for yourself.
User

by SealDarklight » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:31 am

I haven't played the Kr frontiers mini campaign or origins but when I before i brought kingdom rush on steam I have some enemies that I hate. And I have a story to tell you and it all started on flash versions of the game.

Shamans (the first enemies I encountered and I hated them because they heal and often are in groups of enemies and archers were useless because 90% of them are with Orcs but that was when I first played the game)
Bandit (like shamans but they were much worse, high damage and dodging coupled with their speed makes them pain in the ass to deal with)
Trolls (they were tough and having regeneration and being on groups makes them almost invulnerable however when bertha and barbarians came out they were easy to deal with)
Dark slayers (they were tough and they were impossible to deal with physical damage even with an artillery but remember that was when I first time played the game)
Demons (they were hard to deal with and most of the times they slip through my soldiers)
Demon lord (worse than demons because they make shields for demons but good thing it doesn't heal)

And that's the enemies that annoyed me when I first played the flash version games. Other enemies from flash frontiers and steam versions include...

Swamp thing (didn't annoy when killing but omg they have range, regeneration and are often blocked by husks or tainted trees but the worst part is if your golem dies it turns into them)
Raider (they have same armor as the slayer but they deal range magic damage and are more deadlier than the slayer but luckily they don't wait and shoot like other enemies)
Troll breaker (there the most toughest enemies to fight and the deadliest enemies in the entire game, their crazy amount of damage coupled with pillagers health with 60% armor and regeneration makes them the hardest to kill but I do like the armor/regeneration combo, worse if there was a troll chieftain because there much harder to kill)
Flareon ( with a name taken from Pokemon you would think there cute? Right? Wrong! These little bastards are the worst demons you would encounter and they kill too quickly and makes Oni right in the corner. When I played as ignus as a hero I noticed that ignus was on fire and burned to death despite been made from sun. This was the worst glitch I ever encountered but luckly he didn't take any damage or was burned on the firecrackers.
Witches ( while not as annoying as the demons they are pretty annoying to deal with. They shoot for 2 seconds but the best strategy is to need more barracks and make range towers)
Savage hunters ( there easy to deal but on groups they kill my soldiers easly and my hero)
Earth and spirit shaman (hard to say if these two can make savage warriors magic resistance and armor but if they do there hard to deal with because you don't get a powerful artillery)
Saurian blazefangs (probably the worst enemies in campaign mode because they instakill your soldiers and go on groups and worse if there's a brute front of them. They deal true damage and have high health wich makes even heroes useless)
User

by Simmonds91 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:52 am

Rocket riders.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by FeedDaKingdom » Sun May 08, 2016 3:17 pm

KR : Tie between the Legion or Swamp Thing.
KRF: Blacksurges......zzzz, chain disabling towers like noone else' business. Dune Terror comes a close second because it always screws up the Endless run on ruins of nas'de."
KRO: Dont know i dont have it.............
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Dark Slayer Larry » Wed May 11, 2016 6:42 pm

For now, I havent played KR or KRF

However on KRO is the Twilight Golem and Mounted Avengers, they have so much health for be with that speed.
When I create enemies, I create it, when I create strategies or combinations, I make it, ask to me if do you want to create a custom expansion, or valorate it.
User

by Dunkmaster Darius » Fri May 27, 2016 1:18 pm

GAREN!

HE SPINS TOO MUCH!
Don't break rules. Dunk them.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun May 29, 2016 5:21 am

Kingdom Rush - Demon Legions. Okay, Gloomy's I can understand because of how weak they are, but Legions are quite powerful, even by normal enemy standards. I mean... 80% armor, 533 / 666 / 799 HP, duplication and 10-30 damage? WHAAAAT??? At least they have a cool design, that's one redeeming quality.
Shaman, Spider Matriarchs and Rocket-Riders are also pretty annoying...And Troll Champions...And Path-Finders and Breakers...

Kingdom Rush Frontiers - BlackSurge's. I...I just...No. This is so wrong on so many levels.
Parasites are also quite irritating, as are most of the Rising Tides enemies and Dune Terrors, which are a tad bit frustrating.

Kingdom Rush Origins - Blood Gnolls because Speed+High HP=Bad, Screacher Bats because of their stunning and Twilight Scourgers becau-HEY! I WAS JUST GONNA UPGRADE MY TOWER! Stupid Scourger... (Note: In KRO, the listed enemies aren't that bad compared to KR or KRF.)
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sun May 29, 2016 12:21 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Kingdom Rush Origins - Blood Gnolls because Speed+High HP=Bad, Screacher Bats because of their stunning and Twilight Scourgers becau-HEY! I WAS JUST GONNA UPGRADE MY TOWER! Stupid Scourger... (Note: In KRO, the listed enemies aren't that bad compared to KR or KRF.)

If speed plus high HP is bad, then what about Mounted Avengers & Bandersnatches?
User

by AerisDraco » Sun May 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I think Blood Gnolls are slightly worse, because they generally come in large packs.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Sun May 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Plus, Blood Gnolls give very little gold for all of their HP, speed, and damage. Even Deviltides, who also give 20 gold and have similar amounts of health plus armor, deal very little damage and don't attack as quickly as Blood Gnolls. I do enjoy killing Blood Gnolls, though, since they shatter and are slain easily by Eldritch Doom, which is always awesome to see being used. :twisted:
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Sun May 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Yea, pretty much agree with everything that was said above.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Sun May 29, 2016 9:29 pm

AerisDraco wrote:I think Blood Gnolls are slightly worse, because they generally come in large packs.

I know, I was just wondering why he didn't include any of the other many fast, tough enemies.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Mon May 30, 2016 12:03 am

I just find Blood Gnolls too be a tad bit more annoying, maybe it's also partially because instead of having a cool-looking and monstrous design, they look really odd, even laughable, despite being rather powerful. With Demon Legions, for example, they at least of a cool design to go with their fearsome abilities. Not such with Blood Gnolls, at least on my opinion.
User

by The Propellord » Mon May 30, 2016 11:31 am

Personally, I like blood knolls, though this is probably due to their design.
If anything I hate abominations. I hate them with a deep rooted passion. From their ugly faces to how they explode in a cloud of methane gas. Stupid abominations.
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by magicmetal03 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:49 pm

I personally think Abominations are not annoying as the other enemies. Sure,they're annoying, but I think forest trolls and Blood orge is more annoying than Abomination.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by The Propellord » Mon May 30, 2016 2:30 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:I personally think Abominations are not annoying as the other enemies. Sure,they're annoying, but I think forest trolls and Blood orge is more annoying than Abomination.

Conversely, I have no problem disposing of both forest trolls and blood ogres. It's each their own really and is determined more by playstyle than anthing else.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon May 30, 2016 2:48 pm

The Propellord wrote:Personally, I like blood knolls, though this is probably due to their design.
If anything I hate abominations. I hate them with a deep rooted passion. From their ugly faces to how they explode in a cloud of methane gas. Stupid abominations.

Do you also dislike demons for their explosive deaths?
BBB

by The Propellord » Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote: Do you also dislike demons for their explosive deaths?

The demons exploding has never put me at any particular disadvantage when playing so I'm impartial towards them.
User

PreviousNext