Kingdom Rush Frontiers - Steam - Updates Schedule

For the King!

Kingdom Rush Frontiers - Steam - Updates Schedule

by The_TaTs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:51 pm

So, I've posted this on the Steam Store Page but I thought some of you might prefer if this information was also posted here.
So, below is the schedule for all the updates we have planned for Kingdom Rush Frontiers on Steam (also GOG, Nuuvem and Bundlestars).

Last week of August - Update 1.1
* Linux version
* More Languages - Phase 1 (Russian, Portuguese, French, Spanish and German)
* Bug fixes

Last week of September - Update 1.2
* Rising Tides expansion
* Heroes! (Kutsao and Karkinos join the fight!)

Last week of October - Update 1.3
* Shadowmoon expansion
* More Heroes! (Dante and Boneheart come to slay all evil!)
* More Languages! - Phase 2 (Chinese and Japanese).

Last week of November - Update 1.4
* Darklight Depths expansion
* Even More Heroes! (Bruxa, Khaz and Saitam finally arrive!)

Original post here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/458710/announcements/detail/894347264615819030
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Frontiers - Steam - Updates Schedule

by The Kingmaker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:13 pm

OOooooooo
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 pm

"All the updates." So, there is no endless mode planned?
BBB

by ngue02 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:45 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:"All the updates." So, there is no endless mode planned?

Tats said this on the Steam discussion:
The_TaTs wrote:Alright alright!

I'll take your requests to add the Endless levels to the rest of the team and do my best to convince them. No promises though... devoting time and effort to making those levels will delay any other project that might be under consideration (*Cough* - Origins - *Cough*).

So basically, we have a choice between Endless Mode and Origins. I think it's obvious which one we would prefer. ;)
Then again, he said "might be under consideration", so Origins may or may not be under consideration at the moment. Speaking of which, anyone have news on how well Frontiers is doing on sales so far?
This is a great community. I am very grateful to be a part of it, and I hope that it continues to stay this great. I have witnessed some great online communities simply break down, and I truly wish that it will never happen here. :star:
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 am

Still hoping for new heroes. I mean, there are 9 empty slots, and only 7 heroes remaining to be added. Either they promote Lucrezia and Rurin, or they make 2 new heroes.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:10 pm

Can you please making shadow on a bit easier please?
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:29 pm

iFool wrote:Or they remove those 2 empty slots before anyone notices.

Don't give them ideas like that. Besides, it's too late to back down.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by No_Username » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:12 pm

When are you going to add the gem shop?
User

by ngue02 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:38 am

No_Username wrote:When are you going to add the gem shop?

It wasn't in the first Kingdom Rush Steam and I doubt that it'll be on this one. The game is completely beatable without it, and the shop is related to in-app purchases, which Ironhide does not want even near their Steam games. Besides, there as only extra gold, extra hearts, an enemy freeze, dynamite, a blizzard, and a bomb that literally killed everything. It would make the game way too easy, and this would actually suck for the bad players. The bad players would grind on the easy levels over and over again just to get a few gems for the later levels. The grinding would actually make the players tired of the game and not want to play it anymore. Instead, players are forced to learn to beat the levels without the shop. I'm sorry if this sounds all jumbled up (I typed this all at one time without bothering to edit), but my strong opinion is that the gem shop is not necessary and seems to even take away from the game.

Besides, it's been confirmed that it's not being added with Tats saying on the Steam discussion:
The_Tats wrote:We decided it was best to remove the Gnome Shop and the gems altogether to make sure everyone knew that the Steam version was released without In App Purchases.
And we used the same criteria for KRF.

It is true, that by removing the items from the Gnome Shop, there are fewer interactions with the game since your tactical options are reduced a little bit.

We don't feel the items from the gnome shop are really all that important... we always designed our games in such a way that any level can be completed (altough not always with a perfect score) without using the consumable items or purchaseable heroes. That's where we always draw the line.

So, we understand if you or anyone else is frustrated for refusing to include the gems and the gnome shop... but we don't agree with the notion that we haven't put a lot of work into this version or any of our other games. We work hard to release games that we can be proud of.
This is a great community. I am very grateful to be a part of it, and I hope that it continues to stay this great. I have witnessed some great online communities simply break down, and I truly wish that it will never happen here. :star:
User

by dimumurray » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Have sales of the steam version of KRF been good thus far?
User

by SJBlood » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 pm

dimumurray wrote:Have sales of the steam version of KRF been good thus far?

There's this site called "Steamspy" that shows steam data. It's in beta, so it might not be accurate. And I also have no idea how it works. Can you return a Steam game? Because on KRF's sales it says 16 000 on 10/08/2016, but two days before it was almost 19 000. SO either 3 000 people returned the game in two days, or those numbers stack, a.k.a. that's the number of sales each day, a.k.a. KRF steam sold more than 200 000 copies? IDK what to make out of it. I'm not smart. You guys figure it out. :lol:
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 pm

SJBlood wrote:

There's this site called "Steamspy" that shows steam data. It's in beta, so it might not be accurate. And I also have no idea how it works. Can you return a Steam game? Because on KRF's sales it says 16 000 on 10/08/2016, but two days before it was almost 19 000. SO either 3 000 people returned the game in two days, or those numbers stack, a.k.a. that's the number of sales each day, a.k.a. KRF steam sold more than 200 000 copies? IDK what to make out of it. I'm not smart. You guys figure it out. :lol:

Steamspy is a bit inaccurate, so it adjusts the information on a day to day basis. KRF passed the 20k sales a while back. Is doing rather well, even though it can't compare with the financial success of the first KR... but we expected this. KRF has been available for free on Web browsers since it's launch on 2012.

Still, KRF is doing well enough to seriously consider bringing KRO to Steam... so while it's still not official... things are looking good! :yey:
User

by SJBlood » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:45 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
SJBlood wrote:

Steamspy is a bit inaccurate, so it adjusts the information on a day to day basis. KRF passed the 20k sales a while back. Is doing rather well, even though it can't compare with the financial success of the first KR... but we expected this. KRF has been available for free on Web browsers since it's launch on 2012.

Still, KRF is doing well enough to seriously consider bringing KRO to Steam... so while it's still not official... things are looking good! :yey:

That is amazing! I'm so happy for you guys and, of course, for all of us! Can't wait to crush some Gnoll heads on my desktop :lol:
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by Quinlan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Congrats on the many updates, wish you guys endless success!
User

by VirtualTT » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 pm

I would like to mention that there is no Steam Version release news on the main website (http://www.ironhidegames.com).
Someone could've posted them to populate Blog a bit.
Steam link for KRF in the Games section (http://www.ironhidegames.com/games.php) is missing.
All the links there (such as http://www.kingdomrushfrontiers.com/) are dead (error 403).

Also recently i've encountered youtube chan https://www.youtube.com/user/IRONHIDEGAMES someone could've posted videos from there in blog section.

studio website deserve some more attention (and content)...

* pokes TaTs with a stick
User

by Draconian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Yay for more promo art :yey:
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Croatoan2323 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 pm

As VirtualTT mentioned there is no Steam Version news on the main website ( https://i.imgur.com/SJjvWJ2.png ).

I would like that "Last week of September - Update 1.2" was Endless level :)

Is there any users that play KRF on Win 10?
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:19 pm

Croatoan2323 wrote:Is there any users that play KRF on Win 10?

Yes, why?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Croatoan2323 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:00 pm

I played it on Win 7 without problems but on Win 10 it was lagging badly. It looks like it needs to play with integrated graphics on Win 10.
User

Next