Inspiration of each tower?

For the King!

Inspiration of each tower?

by nova_n » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:50 am

Well, since the "Ask the studio" tipic is locked, ill have to ask here. But mods, can you move this to the locked topic so the devs could answer it, thanx

So:

Rangers: not sure what was ur inspiration. Robin hood? dunno. Would like to know

Musketeers: i guess muskets. But what bullet is used for the sniper shot?

Crossbows: Im guessing the vanhelsing crossbow, or the chinese repeating crossbow

Tribal axe throwers: I dont know your inspiration of this one.

Holy order: ummm. though medeival, not sure...

Assasins: assasins creed bviously

Vikings: vikings obviously

Knights templar: Knights templar

Big bertha: ???

Tesla: ???

Dwaarp:???

Battlemech: TRANSFORMERS

All magic towers: ?
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

Re: Inspiration of each tower?

by Ninja » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:02 am

The thread was locked due to the CM no longer being the CM. This means that TaTs won't ever answer your question, so there's no point in posting it until we have a new CM. ;)
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Tesla tower was inspired by the Tesla Coil invented by Nikola Tesla? Otherwise that's a MASSIVE coincidence in the names and electric theme being the same.

Also Big Bertha is the name of a Howitzer.

Maybe look stuff up and try some research before asking questions?
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

I don't think the towers had specific inspirations. The first game's towers mostly are generic tropes and general inspirations from pop culture. Adding a little bit of creativity in what you can do within the constraints of the game structure, and there ya go, kingdom rush.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by nova_n » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:43 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Tesla tower was inspired by the Tesla Coil invented by Nikola Tesla? Otherwise that's a MASSIVE coincidence in the names and electric theme being the same.

For the tesla, i cant believe i missed that........ ugh. I guess by the time i got to mentioning artillery i was so focussed on movies and stuff. And for the big bertha, well, yes i knew it was a ww1 german artillery, but it looks nothing like it, and does not fire shells like that.
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 pm

nova_n wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Tesla tower was inspired by the Tesla Coil invented by Nikola Tesla? Otherwise that's a MASSIVE coincidence in the names and electric theme being the same.

For the tesla, i cant believe i missed that........ ugh. I guess by the time i got to mentioning artillery i was so focussed on movies and stuff. And for the big bertha, well, yes i knew it was a ww1 german artillery, but it looks nothing like it, and does not fire shells like that.

The battlemech looks nothing like a Transformer either, but apparently that doesn't matter when you suggest it. You seem to be mixing up "based on" and "blatant copy".
Yes it's me