Choose your Frankenstein's Towers

For the King!

Re: Choose your Frankenstein's Towers

by Ninja » Sun May 14, 2017 8:30 pm

@RaZoR: :lol: That's even more than half the map. It would be so stupidly broken.

@Nova: Yes, GL would be better, but I had already used Crimson Sentence in the set of towers, so I used the MG in keeping with Kicorse's rule. ;)
:hero:
User

by nova_n » Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 am

Sorcerer with totem of weakness with oilspill with dragonbreath missle with adavakedavra with crimson sentence
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Minuet » Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 am

Wow, the all-consuming Falconer Golden Longbow.

Anyways, I'll make some Barracks and complete the cycle. Since they have 3 abilities I'll just say no repeating abilities and all abilities must all be from different towers.

Assassin's Guild with Edge Mastery, More Axes, and Toughness

Big, big damage. When fully upgraded they'd be doing 45-49 damage ~2 times per second, demolishing any weaker enemies they come across. Survivability is covered by the beefy 150 HP bonus from Toughness (I figured the KT had to go somewhere...), and the innate dodge chance, they would be able to hold their own for some time even against stronger enemies.

Holy Order with Circle of Life, Counterattack, and Perfect Parry

Big ol' wall, all the bases are covered by Counterattack and Perfect Parry, giving them time for Circle of Life to go to work, healing all the damage that does get through, but for heavy bursts of damage like Demon explosions they're fairly reliant on the chance of Perfect Parry activates. Keeping up with the wall theme, they only deal noticeable damage when Counterattack procs, and even then it wouldn't activate if Perfect Parry is active, so they have a heavy reliance on other towers to support them with damage and crowd control.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by kicorse » Sat May 20, 2017 10:34 am

Minuet, that's almost exactly what I would have gone for. Definitely Assassins with More Axes and Holy Orders with Perfect Parry. As you say, you've got to use Knights Templar somewhere (unfortunately).

I'd want to give my Assassins an Ancient Oak Speer because... 3 Assassins vs. 2 Forest Keepers. Also, giving the Assassins a ranged attack means they can be useful while invisible.

I'd also consider putting Pickpocket on my Holy Orders. Their weak attack won't reduce the gold they gain, but their durability will increase it.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat May 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Would Mithril Armour from the Dwarf Hall be better than toughness? Armour changed to High after 350 gold instead of 150 extra HP for 600 gold.

Don't forget the special towers that have a few abilities to go around.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Sat May 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Tower 1: Knights Templar with Holy Strike, Ancient Oak Spear, and Mithril Armor

I know, I know. I used KT for the base tower. Wait, before you lynch me, I can explain. :lol: It's not that I think the tower is actually good, so much as I realize the value of their base medium armor. Since MA from the Dwarven Hall grants 2 tiers of armor to the Dwarves, it would presumably do the same for the KT. Therefore, at full MA upgrades, the KT would be either immune to physical damage or have like 90% armor instead of only 65% like other high armor upgrades grant. Now, we all know that KT have extremely undesirable base attacks, so the other 2 abilities that I've given them are for the purpose of buffing that. They have Holy Strike, since it gives them sufficient damage in melee battles, and it is aesthetically pleasing. Their second ability, AOS, is specifically for the twofold purpose of succinctly dealing with those annoying ranged enemies with lethal True Damage and softening up their adversaries before engaging them in combat.

Tower 2: Bladesinger Hall with Life Stealer Strike, Whirlwind Attack, and Counterattack

This tower is all about retaliating against its opponents. LSS from the Renegade Post grants the option of regaining the HP that the warriors may have lost when CA didn't kick in. WA from Barbarians complements their main theme with a chance for strong AoE damage when damaged. Finally, CA makes the Bladesingers nigh invulnerable with its massive dodge chance and subsequent repercussions upon the offender. This may detract slightly from the effectiveness of WA, but it is still desirable to have it nonetheless.
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat May 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Tesla with Lightning Strike (Dark Forge) and Overcharge (Tesla (Flash))

Overcharge needs no explaining, but with the damage stats it has in the Flash version of KR it does a maximum of 30-40 damage per attack. Dark Forge's Lightning Strike is very much like Tesla's Supercharged Bolt, but has the addition of three stages rather than two, and an attack boost. So the Tesla goes from an already impressive 3-chain 60-110 attack, to a godly 6-chain 90-140 attack.

Also tempting to pair with Overcharge was Sylvan Curse to deal extra damage.
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Sun May 21, 2017 4:32 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Would Mithril Armour from the Dwarf Hall be better than toughness? Armour changed to High after 350 gold instead of 150 extra HP for 600 gold.

Don't forget the special towers that have a few abilities to go around.

You'd be very right there, I was just trying to follow the rules of the OP as closely as possible.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

Previous