Any recommended hero for me?

For the King!

Any recommended hero for me?

by LazyJay » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am

Hi. I'm a novice to this series but actually stuck on these lovely games.

Until now, I have cleared all the main campaigns on the Veteran difficulty so I want to get myself into Endless mode in Origins.

In the game, I used all the F2P heroes till level 10 and I found Eridan and Lilith are fit for my playstyle.

So are there any recommended heroes for me just like Eridan and Lilith?

I really want to try all the heroes in the game but I have no sufficient money for now. So I am just considering about it. :)

Give me your advices. I will wait you!
User

Re: Any recommended hero for me?

by The Kingmaker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi, welcome to the Forums!

Lilith and Eridan have quite different playstyles (at least I use them differently so I'll approach them differently)

Now Lilith was actually made here in the forums via polls, unfortunately a couple of months or so before I arrived here but I remember it happening while I lurked. She sort of has an ability for everything, but they're all a bit funky and unorthodox and she revolves around luck - 30% chance of an instakill on her scythe, randomly gets additional damage from an enemy with soul eater, sometimes comes back from death, random damage type on her Hero Spell. She's pretty unique in this regard so I'm not certain what to recommend.
First - I use her to kill big targets with her scythe (and hopefully pick up their damage with the soul eater) - Heroes like Reg'son (who is pretty cheap) and Bruce are excellent at working down single targets for you, with Reg'son getting the most from being focused on continuously, while Bruce can be left on his own and get the job done. If you like burning hordes of enemies with Infernal Wheel, the Phoenix serves largely the same purpose but amped up - even if she isn't as over powered as she once was!

Eridan has an interesting playstyle - you've gotta constantly put him in and out of range and melee to get the most damage and make the most of his abilities - that's not exactly mirrored in any other heroes but I think some others have similar aspects. I haven't used Durax an awful lot but he definitely benefits from an attentive eye and quick fingers to make the most of his abilities.

Alternatively, Lynn is very different to both of these heroes, but I heartily recommend her - all her abilities work together nicely and shes got a very powerful and supportive style - she's also a ridiculous tank, better than Bravebark, simply because 45% of attacks don't hit her at all. Her Hero Spell is very different and benefits from cunning thinking and she's very rewarding to use.

So yeah I'd recommend Lynn, Bruce, Phoenix and Reg'Son - any and all of them, especially if they're on sale.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by LeonSA » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 am

kingmaker has made it clear,but I still wanna say phoenix,too OP!
Just my luck.
User

by LazyJay » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:03 am

@The Kingmaker, @LeonSA

Thank you for your nice and detailed tips!!

But there are not appearing on my Random discount lists yet. :(

Until they are coming for me, I would go to play Frontiers again in my language patched a few days ago! Haha!
User