Faves and hates

For the King!

Re: Faves and hates

by TheHallMonitor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:57 am

I love sandwiches. They taste amazing, right, cheesecake?
ded

by Cheesecake » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:00 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:I love sandwiches. They taste amazing, right, cheesecake?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:cry:
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by MasterKnightDH » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Yum!

Looking at things, I'm going to sound stupid for saying this, but I need to redo my list:
*Fav Tower - unchanged. Holy Order then Tesla.
*Least Fav Tower - Barbarian Mead Hall comes the closest to irking me. Sorcerer Mage is an honorable mention, though, because I find it to be in need of nerfs that address the inherent anti-armor ability and general synergy being within its abilities. (SM works very nicely as a concept, but also needs to be checked.)
*Fav Enemy - okay. Rocket Riders, for encouraging you to have high base damage towers. Dark Knights and Necromancers are still honorable mentions though.
*Least Fav Enemy - Skeleton Knights really lack competition in this category, but even then, they mostly bother me for balance reasons. The two enemy types who come the closest to even doing that, however, are Troll Champions and Skeletons, neither for being unmanageable but both for being annoying. Troll Champs are durable, like to backline, and then proceed to smash your soldiers anyway. Skeletons...just try Level 10 on the No Star Challenge and try considering the wolf waves to be fun to deal with. You'll see my beef with the Skeletons FAST. Demon Hounds don't qualify despite me considering them Demonic Spiders that need to go home.

And looking at others' posts, let's see:
*Okay, now I'm wishing I could just buy premium content. I'd feel better if I could be sure I could toggle the benefits on/off once my KR account is a premium account. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd feel better about swamps than graveyards, though, judging from what's talked about with the swamps, but it depends on how brutal the swamp spawns are.
*Teleport + Death Ray combo being overpowered....I'm not sure 1400G on a single tower with iffy crowd control is a good idea until late game. Overcharge 2 Tesla (1415G, but I'd rather consider it 1440G), I can get going on The Dark Tower within the first 3500G worth of spending without losing momentum. Soon as I get the final 2 levels uploaded (which could take its sweet time, sadly), you can see how. And since I see on at least one of the pics some Scorched Earth ground, I need to point out that I find the RoF star upgrades in and of themselves being what's OP, although the point where you use stars is no longer Minimalist Running where you're more appreciative of your Gold supply. Still, try using Teleport + Death Ray when you can't mock groups with Star Upgraded RoF.
*delebru and TheHallMonitor are right that archers aren't useless. They are used for finesse patching methods such as chip KOs, which is why they're weak to the point of seeming to be underpowered. And I still swear that Sharpshooters are good at what they do.
*There is an Artillery defense stat already. It's called HP. Artillery have questionable DPS as it is, and they cost a lot too.
*Musketeer Garrison only costs ~2000G from full upgrading. Keep in mind that the leveled upgrades are expensive is why. Sniper Shot shouldn't need to be upgraded too much because it deals good consolation damage on roll loss. You save 500G by not leveling Sniper Shot from 1 to 3. Shrapnel Shot 2 -> 3 also has to deal with the law of diminishing, so you can save an additional 300G from not getting that upgrade. Sniper Shot 1/Shrapnel Shot 2 Musketeer costs, in total: 570 + 600 + 250 = 1420.
*On the subject of Musketeers, it's true that they have worse DPS than the Rangers Hideout and painfully bad speed, but they will deal better damage altogether if they attack even 10% more often than the Rangers in the same position. There's likely going to be a good position that allows for covering that well. If it's close enough to the path to get Shrapnel Shot to blast things, that will be really helpful.
*Hunh. I ought to do a damage comparison between Holy Strike and More Axes:
-Holy Strike is luck based, so I'm assuming it to trigger every 25 attacks. At the rate of 72 frames per attack, and 3 Paladins being around, that's 25L~45L * 5/6 * 3/25 = 2.5L~4.5L. That's per enemy, granted.
-More Axes adds 10L damage * 60/72 attacks per second * 3 Barbarians ~= 25L DPS.
-...whaddyaknow. More Axes provides better DPS than Holy Strike, since Holy Strike has to clog more than 6 enemies to keep up. Though granted, I'm taking a shot in the dark with guessing Holy Strike's trigger frequency, but I'm pretty sure it's luck-based all the same. Holy Strike does ignore armor though, so that can help.
Master Knight DH at your service.
YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH
User

by Ravenzilla » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 am

This may seem really awkward but my favorite tower is the musketeers tower and my least favorite is the tesla. I've have just found that the tesla is too expensive for its skill level, but the musketeers with headshots are just beast. Their a total tank killer. Match them up with a few barbarians and big berthas and your set to go.
Amazing Avatar by RazorLeaf.
It's a brand new day, the sun is in the sky, all the ravens are singing, THAT UR GONNA DIE!
User

by MasterKnightDH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:09 pm

So I get the premium content and I have to say that though the swamp pit is definitely a sound concept, I do take annoyance with its execution. However, that's actually involving a common issue I have with the premium content enemies in general: the power creep. Tougher enemies by itself is fine, the Swamp Pit spawning tougher enemies than Skeletons is fine, Brutal Bonus Levels are fine too, but these will make you miss Demon Lords and Demon Hounds before long.

I have tried Rotten Forest restricted. Here's the problems that come up: Husks have 250 HPs and 40% Armor. You have only 800G, 1040G with Extra Gold active. Even though Husks move very slowly, they'll get past the mage towers very easily. A Wizard Tower is simply not enough, and forget a Level 4 mage tower, it's too freaking expensive. Why? Because Wave 2 has GIANT SPIDERS. Enough to kill the soldiers you need to even stop them, which results in MORE Husks. I can't even get past allowing both the Premium bonuses AND the L2 Star Upgrades (which costs 15 Stars in total if you're wondering), and I'm talking about, on a completely unrestricted run, the easier warm-up waves.

I can understand that the power creep would have been done in response to things like Burning Earth and Spear Throw. But first off, I find that those two are blatant Game Breakers in and of themselves. Burning Earth is capable of 700+ damage to anything caught with it where Rain of Fire without Star Upgrades struggles to deal 150. Spear Throw hits flying enemies and is a distance attack to begin with, so it would be 4 stars for the innate concept alone, and yet it has the attack power to tear through the weaker enemies quickly. Secondly, aren't Star Upgrades supposed to be there simply to make the game easier? On that basis, I'm rather confused about the difficulty handling now.

Sorry. I had to rant there. If I could be sure these levels were halfway feasible on a No Star run, I wouldn't be so bothered. Sarelgaz's Lair at least feels playable under that condition insofar as the early waves go, though that's because the enemies are simply organized groups of non-premium enemies.
User

by kilele » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:56 am

MasterKnightDH, have you tried the tesla thing on the rotten forest ?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by MasterKnightDH » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:41 pm

If you mean build a Tesla right away, doesn't work, it's too expensive.
User

by kilele » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

MasterKnightDH wrote:If you mean build a Tesla right away, doesn't work, it's too expensive.

Can you beat Rotten forest ? or are you trying some challenge on that stage ?

Edit: ah you mean with no stars ? no spears love :x ?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by MasterKnightDH » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Trying a challenge. Definitely not even going to use Spear Throw, I mentioned why. But so far, nothing is even working.

If those Husks didn't take so much punishment, I could actually build some decent anti-spider defenses to keep my soldiers from being wrecked resulting in MORE Husks.
User

by Cheesecake » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 pm

MasterKnightDH wrote:Trying a challenge. Definitely not even going to use Spear Throw, I mentioned why. But so far, nothing is even working.

If those Husks didn't take so much punishment, I could actually build some decent anti-spider defenses to keep my soldiers from being wrecked resulting in MORE Husks.

Here's what I would do: First round, focus on spider defense. Build maybe one mage for anti-husks. Then use RoF to kill the husks or vice versa.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by kilele » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm

MasterKnightDH wrote:If those Husks didn't take so much punishment, I could actually build some decent anti-spider defenses to keep my soldiers from being wrecked resulting in MORE Husks.

Are you allowed to use heroes ? Malik on the left top helps ;) teslas on the right ;) several wizards side by side for husks ;)
I may be wrong of course..
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

Previous