Most aggravating boss?

For the King!

Most aggravating boss?

by Rush the kingdom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:14 pm

These are the guys who made you see a lot more of this:

:skull:

Then you did this:

:star:

I despise J.T. When I was young I got scared looking at the guy, his constant worg and yeti spawning was unbelievably frustrating to deal with, blocking him with soldiers wasn't an option, and most of all, his constant freezing and my inability to tap fast enough left my towers out of action for one or two millennia. I cannot stress how satisfied I was to see the big doofus explode.
For the kingdom!
User

Re: Most aggravating boss?

by Ninja » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 am

Honestly, I've always found most bosses in KR to be extremely easy at worst and mildly annoying at best in terms of difficulty. However, they're always visually stunning and *usually* sufficiently epic, so I'm fine with them.

There are only 3 that ever almost beat me. Xyzzy came close on my first play of the Darklight Depths because of the surprise factor of his worldwide AoE and massive run speed plus armor. He was pretty scary. Moloch is a good challenge, but once you figure out how to deal with his instakill, he becomes a cinch. And lastly, Lord Blackburn. I actually perished multiple times at the hands of the corrupted knight, and even now when I play that level he's terrifying. He's the hardest boss (IMO) and by far my favorite, since I love the Dark Army.
:hero:
User

by Rush the kingdom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Ninja wrote:Honestly, I've always found most bosses in KR to be extremely easy at worst and mildly annoying at best in terms of difficulty. However, they're always visually stunning and *usually* sufficiently epic, so I'm fine with them.

There are only 3 that ever almost beat me. Xyzzy came close on my first play of the Darklight Depths because of the surprise factor of his worldwide AoE and massive run speed plus armor. He was pretty scary. Moloch is a good challenge, but once you figure out how to deal with his instakill, he becomes a cinch. And lastly, Lord Blackburn. I actually perished multiple times at the hands of the corrupted knight, and even now when I play that level he's terrifying. He's the hardest boss (IMO) and by far my favorite, since I love the Dark Army.

Wow, I never even made it to any bosses outside the main campaign. I did manage to beat vez'nan......after which I was crushed underfoot by the crazy regeneration of the forest trolls, the awful ranged attack of that one bandit whose name I forget, and I think the only boss I even got to see was sarelgaz, at which point I was destroyed by the crazy resistance to everything she and her sons were packing.

As for kingdom rush frontiers, I did pretty well(the main trouble I was having coming from those stinking parasite aliens) but I was unable to beat umbra due to his constant spawning of tough minions before I could lay down the necessary damage.

Haven't play origins yet but I have seen lets-plays and heard that the twilight elves are annoying.
For the kingdom!
User

by PitNata » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 am

Rush the kingdom wrote:Wow, I never even made it to any bosses outside the main campaign. I did manage to beat vez'nan......after which I was crushed underfoot by the crazy regeneration of the forest trolls, the awful ranged attack of that one bandit whose name I forget, and I think the only boss I even got to see was sarelgaz, at which point I was destroyed by the crazy resistance to everything she and her sons were packing.

As for kingdom rush frontiers, I did pretty well(the main trouble I was having coming from those stinking parasite aliens) but I was unable to beat umbra due to his constant spawning of tough minions before I could lay down the necessary damage.

Haven't play origins yet but I have seen lets-plays and heard that the twilight elves are annoying.

Forest Trolls are easily defeated to Arcane insta-kills, and of couse tesla towers.

Most bosses that i have encountered in three separate games, were very easily defeated, yet some were really hard to defeat, even if you have a perfect tower placements all over the level. Those ones were particulary Lord Blackburn, Moloch and the KRO last boss (w00t anything but high resistance to magic and literally high speed!)

And, as always, Bosses are easy, if it were not their constant reinforcements coming from every entrance to pick you off. That trait makes the Elite stages to be hard, but at least funnier than your usual campaign.

So, KR: Blackburn, Moloch
KRF: Leviathan/Kraken
KRO: Last boss, Bram the Beheader.

Those bosses i find either challenging, or either their appearing destroying all my defences.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Rush the kingdom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 am

PitNata wrote:
Rush the kingdom wrote:Wow, I never even made it to any bosses outside the main campaign. I did manage to beat vez'nan......after which I was crushed underfoot by the crazy regeneration of the forest trolls, the awful ranged attack of that one bandit whose name I forget, and I think the only boss I even got to see was sarelgaz, at which point I was destroyed by the crazy resistance to everything she and her sons were packing.

Forest Trolls are easily defeated to Arcane insta-kills, and of couse tesla towers.

Most bosses that i have encountered in three separate games, were very easily defeated, yet some were really hard to defeat, even if you have a perfect tower placements all over the level. Those ones were particulary Lord Blackburn, Moloch and the KRO last boss (w00t anything but high resistance to magic and literally high speed!)

And, as always, Bosses are easy, if it were not their constant reinforcements coming from every entrance to pick you off. That trait makes the Elite stages to be hard, but at least funnier than your usual campaign.

So, KR: Blackburn, Moloch
KRF: Leviathan/Kraken
KRO: Last boss, Bram the Beheader.

Those bosses i find either challenging, or either their appearing destroying all my defences.

Aren't tesla towers better for huge groups of weak enemies than for singular strong minions? And I was just so unlucky with the death ray I figured it messy and unreliable.

Any tips for the sons of sarelgaz? Not sure how to get past their crazy anti-everything resistance.

Also, what's so hard about leviathan? I've heard people calling him easy as dirt, mostly thanks to a lack of hp and special abilities.
For the kingdom!
User

by PitNata » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Rush the kingdom wrote:
Aren't tesla towers better for huge groups of weak enemies than for singular strong minions? And I was just so unlucky with the death ray I figured it messy and unreliable.

Any tips for the sons of sarelgaz? Not sure how to get past their crazy anti-everything resistance.

Also, what's so hard about leviathan? I've heard people calling him easy as dirt, mostly thanks to a lack of hp and special abilities.

Tesla towers are the most OP tower in the game. It deals the most damage to everything caught up, and nice against anything, as their damage is ignoring half of their armor, which is superb. Don't underestimate it.

Death Ray is the one skill you should focus on; Many monsters are having lots of heatlh, and you can't win without them; an example of it is the Tainted Forest level---- You will face a lot of high-hp enemies which are tough.

Sons are as easy to defeat. I told you, the best way to defeat is to have Death Ray, which means you *have* to try to have them to work, At least on this level. Believe me, you making this hard on yourself without it.

Leviathan? Well definitely, yes. But i didn't told you already that the stage makes this hard? The entire campaign money is scarce in levels, so you need to conserve and battle carefully.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am

The Spider Goddess gave me trouble until I worked out the best tower placements. Other than that, it's the same as most people have said. Moloch mainly, Sarelgaz also but more for the waves of enemies.
Yes it's me