Which Kingdom Rush Level is Your Personal Favorite?

For the King!

Which Kingdom Rush Level is Your Personal Favorite?

by BarryAllenTheFlash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:02 am

"Life is locomotion if you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running away from things and you've got to start running towards something."-BarryAllenTheFlash
User

Re: Which Kingdom Rush Level is Your Personal Favorite?

by Fabio » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Good morning my friends,

my best level of all Kingdom Rush series is PORT TORTUGA. It's the PERFECT level.
User

by Moloch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:48 pm

KR : Pandaemonium
KRF : Dececrated Grove
KRO : Arcane Quarters
Simple curious little Elvish youngling who willingly got lost in the vast universe of Edih'Nori
Ask me about anything related to Kingdom Rush. I've beaten it on normal when I was 9 (2k11)
I have KR and KRF on Android and Steam and KRO on Iphone
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 pm

KR:

My favorite is probably Castle Blackburn because I really enjoy challenging levels and because Lord Blackburn is also very threatening, unlike most other bosses in the franchise. Lord Blackburn’s look and ability are also really cool. Pandaemonium has all of the above in spades (and I actually slightly prefer its theme), but the reason Castle Blackburn edges it out for my favorite is due to the fact that Pandaemonium is way OTT. Its difficulty rests on the fact that you MUST do everything at precisely the perfect time (even just something as basic as spell usage or upgrading a tower) or you will lose lives. Furthermore, it is very strict in terms of setup, meaning that only a few strategies will reliably work, worsening its replayability factor.

KRF:

This is really hard because there are a lot of truly amazing levels in KRF in terms of soundtracks, aesthetic, gameplay, and miscellaneous polishing touches. My top 6 are Buccaneer’s Den, Ma’qwa Urqu, Beresad's Lair, The Dark Descent, Storm Atoll, and Dusk Chateau, but numbering those or choosing a favorite out of them is insanely difficult, so I’ll just leave at that and give some of the reasons why I enjoy them so much.

I appreciate Buccaneer’s Den because of its thematic robustness and memorable gameplay. On top of that, if I remember correctly, it introduced surprise paths to the franchise (and in a flashy and terrifying way as well). Having a huge enemy just come out of nowhere like that (so close already to the end of the path, too) cranked up the intensity in a thrilling manner.

Ma’qwa Urqu has again great aesthetics and on top of that, it’s one of the few KRF levels I found challenging the first few times I played it (the other levels I find difficult are the RT levels excluding Port Tortuga, Dusk Chateau, and Darklight Depths if anyone’s interested). The saving the princess thing was also a fun touch.

For Beresad’s Lair it is again due mostly to theme. What can I say; dragons are awesome! The Dark Descent has probably my favorite level layout of any KRF level except maybe Storm Atoll. Besides that, it has an extra hero and extra towers which are all ridiculously OP, making it quite the memorable experience.

Penultimately, Storm Atoll is great due to its amazing theme (a recurring factor in KRF especially), but even more than that it ties in the memorable mechanic of the ocean to that theme in a way that the other RT levels fail to accomplish. The secondary hero (who is awesome, BTW) is even tied in to the ocean mechanic. It’s also brutally difficult, so if you want a challenge, then you should probably play this level, as most KRF levels are quite easy even on Veteran. This one might be my favorite, actually. I still can’t decide, though.

Finally, we have Dusk Chateau. The first words I think are words along the line of “imposing”, “impressive”, and “AESTHETIC”. This level has everything desirable theme-wise, from the layout to the massive looming fortress to the mechanics tying in with the theme masterfully. This is probably the most aesthetically pleasing level in the entire franchise, honestly. Beyond those reasons, the gameplay is challenging and the boss is very unique. What’s not to love?

KRO:

Top 3 in order:

1. The Crystal Lake (I’ll go more in-depth in a moment)
2. Mactans’ Retreat: Amazing level design visually and gameplay-wise + intricate player involvement being necessary = Awesomeness
3. Beheader’s Seat: Thematically intriguing, strategically challenging, and a cool boss (albeit an easy and perhaps underdeveloped one)

So, the Crystal Lake. Well, for starters, the Grootslang (the crystal serpent) is the single coolest thing in the entire franchise, period. It takes your breath away visually while making use of its breath throughout the battle to great effect. Secondly, the layout is perfect, from the waterfall path to the lake to the hidden path to the extra towers it is delightful and captivating. And finally, the theme is again SO GOOD.
:hero:
User