Is Oni OP?

For the King!

Is Oni OP?

by sunnydaler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Some consider Oni as the best KR hero. At level 10, he has 650 HP, medium armor, and 25% chance of instant-kill with the Death Strike.
Pretty impressive stat.

But I was somewhat disappointed by his actual performance; wasn't durable enough and lacked consistency.

Once I've seen him kill 3 forest trolls in a row in less than a minute. It's great. However, that's a rare event.
Actually, the chance of survival in 1 on 1 with big enemies like Dark Slayer and Yeti was like a coin toss. You never know the result.
When Death Strike doesn't bring them to death in 3 or 4 tries, he kneels before them. :|
I still consider him as one of better heroes though. Just not up to my expectation.
Maybe because I'm not a fan of any chance-based skill.
User

Re: Is Oni OP?

by PitNata » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Oni is the one of the Heroes who does get the credit for what it's paid for. I mean, his skills are a big surprise.

He can actually fight demons with an advantage; Their explosions won't affect him, Death Strike do also ignore any kind of after-death skills (like Tainted Knight becoming Spectral) Sword Torment deals a way good amount of damage.

His weakness? He can't tank long, unlike Gerald, who can for example reflect the enemies attack against, while recieving none. Even Thor & Ingvar has more crack on it (Ingvar get invicibility when in bear form, Thor has the armor).

He is one of the better heroes can be paid/used, but he isn't likely to be the best.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

Re: Is Oni OP?

by sunnydaler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

PitNata wrote:Oni is the one of the Heroes who does get the credit for what it's paid for. I mean, his skills are a big surprise.

He can actually fight demons with an advantage; Their explosions won't affect him, Death Strike do also ignore any kind of after-death skills (like Tainted Knight becoming Spectral) Sword Torment deals a way good amount of damage.

His weakness? He can't tank long, unlike Gerald, who can for example reflect the enemies attack against, while recieving none. Even Thor & Ingvar has more crack on it (Ingvar get invicibility when in bear form, Thor has the armor).

He is one of the better heroes can be paid/used, but he isn't likely to be the best.

Oh, I see. His weakness is something necessary... not to make him really OP.
He's the highest damage dealer. So, devs might have wanted to put some limitations on him.

Oni is not the most reliable or balanced hero but is fun to watch for sheer power.
think I should celebrate diversity of heroes. :yey:
User

Re: Is Oni OP

by Ninja » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:22 pm

I have to disagree, PitNata. Oni is probably the single most powerful hero in the entire franchise. He can go toe toe with any large enemy and kill them. He obliterates demons with ease (something almost no other hero can say). His stats are all off-the-walls insane. He has the fastest regeneration speed (4 seconds to fully regenerate!), the highest damage (IIRC), good armor, very high HP. This allows him to even go toe-to-toe with non-instakilling bosses.

And don’t even get me started on the abilities. Sword Torment is probably the best AoE attack in the game (for heroes). Death Strike is icing on this already ridiculous cake. 600 (?!) True Damage with a pretty good chance to instakill to boot! That’s insanely strong. Oh, and I forgot to mention that he’s also one of the fastest heroes, making him a terrifying monster on the battlefield. Picking Oni almost guarantees at least 200 dead enemies, give or take, what with his insane speed and power.
:hero:
User