What Kingdom Rush Boss do you think is the hardest to kill?

For the King!

What Kingdom Rush Boss do you think is the hardest to kill?

by BarryAllenTheFlash » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 am

"Life is locomotion if you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running away from things and you've got to start running towards something."-BarryAllenTheFlash
User

Re: What Kingdom Rush Boss do you think is the hardest to ki

by Fabio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 am

UMBRA, i hate this enemy
User

by Moloch » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 pm

In KR : Lord Blackburn
In KRF : Umbra
In KRO : Baj'nimen
Simple curious little Elvish youngling who willingly got lost in the vast universe of Edih'Nori
Ask me about anything related to Kingdom Rush. I've beaten it on normal when I was 9 (2k11)
I have KR and KRF on Android and Steam and KRO on Iphone
User

by sunnydaler » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

IMO, none of the KRF bosses poses any threat. But they all have interesting abilities, except for Leviathan...

Lord Blackburn:
stuns units and disables many towers. has 90% armor. deals true damage.
but sorcerer mage can reduce the armor to low. :twisted:

Baj'Nimen the Hateful:
has devastating ranged attack aimed at heroes. regenerates health massively.
but deals physical melee damage and reinforcements can stall him forever. :lol:

Godieth:
has the highest melee damage and the second highest health among KRO bosses. Poisons your soldiers and heroes. What is his weakness? :evil:
User

by Odiewodie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Moloch is easily the hardest for me, I've made it to wave 16 multiple times on veteran pandemonium only for him to march to the end.

Bram is also annoying simply because he has a short walk to the exit.
User

by kicorse » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Moloch is easily the hardest for me, I've made it to wave 16 multiple times on veteran pandemonium only for him to march to the end.

Moloch would be one of the hardest if it wasn't for one weakness: he never uses his instant kill if you only have one unit within range (on mobile, anyway). So, in the wave before he spawns, clear the middle path of heroes, soldiers and reinforcements, and build a single Level 1 Earth Elemental. If you use the old trick of upgrading the Elemental when it's near death, it can single-handedly hold him back for long enough to kill him, with plenty of HP to spare. Suddenly, one of the hardest bosses becomes one of the easiest.

I'd actually put Myconid in the same category. Extremely easily with a good strategy (e.g. Gerald can win the battle without any help), but some those 25 rotshrooms got by me a couple of times before I realised this.

Like others, I would go with Lord Blackburn and Godieth as the hardest from KR and KRO, and would struggle to name one from KRF. Umbra is certainly the most interesting, but I'm not sure it's that dangerous, even if you forget to save up any gold.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 am

KR: Lord Blackburn (The battle simply always goes to the last moment with Blackburn right at the exit. He’s never gotten me, but he is certainly the hardest boss of KR.)

KRF: Xyzzy (There are simply no hard bosses in KRF. Xyzzy is certainly the most terrifying and surprising at first sight, however; this is due to his armor, worldwide attack, and extreme speed. Vasile is the second hardest KRF boss.)

KRO: Godieth (This is the only scary boss in KRO, but even he isn’t troubling once you get the hang of it. It really is too bad that such a cool and chaotic boss fight is the climax of the absolute worst mini-campaign.)

Overall, bosses are rarely scary. I wish they were more threatening, but they sadly are not. Incidentally, my favorite boss is also Blackburn, the boss I consider the hardest of the series. This isn’t just due to the difficulty, although that is a part of it; I just really like the aesthetic of the Dark Army. It’s by far my favorite enemy group, and its boss is befittingly epic. :skull: Baj’Nimen is my second favorite, just because he’s so cool looking.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Lord Blackburn becomes very easy if you have a hero. Gerald can counter his attacks even though they are AOE, and the true damage does wonders against him. It actually puts Oni to second place. Thankfully, as long as the hero is on the move, they cna pass through Blackburn’s AOE stun unaffected, so you can almost perpetually stall him. I never see him get even halfway to the exit with a hero. ;)

Althouh not technically a boss, I’d consider Cerberus to be one of the most threatening things the game can offer. What waves stick more in your mind than the ones that spawn a Cerberus? They demand serious preparation and your full attention.

But enough dodging the question. Most bosses in KR1 are easily countered by having a melee hero. Without one, Blackburn and Moloch in particular becomes more threatning. I’ll have to agree with Ninja on Blackburn being tougher, as he has an arguably more powerful ability with greater AOE, along with High Armor.

KRF has Xyzzy, who is still rather easy just because of how many towers you can build in that stage with all the gold available. But, this extends to Vasile and Leviathan as well, as a chokepoint can be built on the left part of the stage to counter Vasile in his first form, and the second form falls easily since the plethora of mages built there to counter previous waves will do immense damage to him. As fir Leviathan... if it can deal damage, it will counter him. So, ultimately, I’d say that Umbra is the hardest KRF boss, and the most dynamic. Because of the amount of preparation I do prior to fighting him in his second phase, I have to conclude that he puts up the most fight.

In KRO, I also agree with Ninja - Godieth doesn’t have much of a weakness. His unremitting attack rate coupled with his high damage makes him unblockable for more than a couple of seconds. His health pool is much higher than Baj’nimen (although he can heal 2k health per cast, technically putting his total health to an extra 6,000 more, I believe) or Bram. The enemies in his company are much faster, distracting fire from him.

Overall, I think Umbra still takes the cake for the toughest boss, with Godieth as a close second for me. :veznan:
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Really? In my experience, Umbra has turned out to be very easy, hinging on the pitiful. Hmm ...
:hero:
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 pm

The coolest boss alright, just not the hardest. Unless you use Nivus. The old man locked Umbra in those crystals or something.

The KRO additional bosses are mostly brutal. In KRF, the Saurian has one of the toughest extra level. In KRO, Moloch is not hard but demons overall are nigh unbeatable without a flawless setup.
User

by nova_n » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:16 am

KR: Sarelgaz. He has many sons that distract my towers. I got "lucky" one time i think. I imporved reaction time to spam reinforcements. The best way to deal with the sons is arcane wizard instakill spam. But that leaves you with the small spirer swarm. So it ends up being close

KRF: None. All equally easy except for leviathan and the quincon. Those 2 were the easiest
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:51 am

nova_n wrote:KR: Sarelgaz. He has many sons that distract my towers. I got "lucky" one time i think. I imporved reaction time to spam reinforcements. The best way to deal with the sons is arcane wizard instakill spam. But that leaves you with the small spirer swarm. So it ends up being close

KRF: None. All equally easy except for leviathan and the quincon. Those 2 were the easiest

I am sure Sarelgaz is a she, but for your other points, sending two Barracks, Reinforcements and even your hero out to be eaten slow Sarelgaz down considerably. She got stuck after the round curve, just behind the tower row until she is no more.

To take down Sons of Sarelgaz, what ya need to do is actually spamming Musketeers. Before Sarelgaz comes, build plenty of Musketeers in unused Strategic Points and give them both upgrades, tier one will do. They, with their range, can easily pick out stray spiders and instant kill all Sons with astounding efficiency.

The back bone of your defense should have Sorcerers, Teslas and Rangers all ready to serve as the main killing force, leaving only the tid bits for Musketeers to clean up. Plus, tier 2 and 3 Shrapnel Shot is amazing.
User

by Uranato » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:43 am

Godieth is easily the most difficult boss. The others don't even come close.
User

Greenmuck or Bram The Beheader

by LiamFanKR » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

:skull:
User