Kingdom Rush: Vengeance

For the King!

Re: Kingdom Rush: Vengeance

by Ninja » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:43 am

Wait, really?! They used your fanfic? That’s awesome (despite being dubious, obviously)! :lol:
:hero:
User

by MonkeyMania007 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Vengeance is launching November 22nd. You can pre-order it on iOS now. Here’s a full trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdWNCxofTc

The App Store details the new features:
- 16 new towers
- choose your own arsenal of towers
- 16 challenging stages across three lands
- 9 powerful heroes
- over 35 deadly enemies
- 10+ trinkets and artifacts to vanquish your foes
- 30 upgrades to train your army
- 50+ achievements
User

by truteal » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:27 pm

That early? I'd thought it would come out next year
User

by WrasslinBiz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

just installed my copy!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:45 pm

WrasslinBiz wrote:just installed my copy!

Welcome to the forum WrasslinBiz! I'm one of the Moderators here (I’m the best, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!), so if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a Private Message and I’ll do my best to help you out. But enough forum, get in there and play Vengeance!
Yes it's me

Re: Kingdom Rush: Vengeance way too easy

by Walockks » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Please please please make "impossible" level much much harder. I can defeat almost every level on impossible with just a single tower type. And any tower picked at random.

It's way too easy for veteran Kingdom rush players.

Love the game, only it should present a challenge, especially on impossible level.
User

by ironcommando » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:31 am

Just downloaded the Subaquatic Expansion update and oh my gosh, the difficulty has been taken up SEVERAL notches. Had to use powerups to beat the first level and my shock coil exits were triggered several times during the level. Lost no lives, thankfully, but the difficulty certainly is a step up from the rest of the game.
User

by Ninja » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 am

ironcommando wrote:Just downloaded the Subaquatic Expansion update and oh my gosh, the difficulty has been taken up SEVERAL notches. Had to use powerups to beat the first level and my shock coil exits were triggered several times during the level. Lost no lives, thankfully, but the difficulty certainly is a step up from the rest of the game.

Well, that may be a tiny bit of an illusion. The first level is BRUTALLY difficult without gems, but the second is actually quite easy, and the third is hard again (not as hard as the first, but harder than main campaign). :P
Last edited by Ninja on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by MisterX » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 am

I used Beresad, no items as usual and played on impossible.
First level, I lost some lives.
Well, I changed back to veteran and finished the first level on my second try without life loss.
The second level on my first try with 20 lives and the last level... There I lost 2 lives.
User

by Ninja » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:32 am

MisterX wrote:I used Beresad, no items as usual and played on impossible.
First level, I lost some lives.
Well, I changed back to veteran and finished the first level on my second try without life loss.
The second level on my first try with 20 lives and the last level... There I lost 2 lives.

Same experience pretty much, except I've worked out a strategy that cranks out 20 lives for the first and third levels consistently now. (I did it all on Impossible, though. ‘Cause I’m stubborn.) :veznan:
Last edited by Ninja on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

by Uranato » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:57 pm

I used Shadow Archer spam and Asra, and beat all levels without gems on veteran. These guys really need to nerf the Shadow Archers, they work well even against armored targets.
User

by Ninja » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Try Impossible Mode. It’s very challenging. SA spam doesn’t work super well. :)
User

by sunnydaler » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:45 pm

I want to watch how ninja plays.
User

by ironcommando » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:26 am

So I tested a few strats on the first level of the expansion. Managed to actually NLL, no items used on Normal with Shadow Archer spam, but just barely (the last few Wardens almost leaked). Blazing Gem spam also worked very well, moreso than SA spam. I wouldn't recommend SA spam on the first level, even on Normal.

Also turns out that Deep Devil Reef spam works really well since the fish force the Chasers to fight and stalls them while the tower kills the Chasers and Wardens with magic. The Infusers get stalled by the fish too. I beat both the campaign level and heroic challenge for it that way. None of the frogs even got onto the boarding bridge section.
User

by Uranato » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Tried another tactic - works well on everything (Iron & Heroid also) on Normal with Asra.

Step 1 - Don't use barracks.
Step 2 - Build two Mausoleums near the entrance (no level 4 powers,to
Step 3 - Spam Bone Flingers everywhere else with the Raise Skeleton upgrades.

I didn't even use a single barracks throughout, and this strategy beat everything (except that the Tesla Coils were used several times on the first stage and some Wardens almost leaked through during the earlier levels).

Also, I wanted to ask, melee-wise, which hero is better - Veruk or Jun'Pai?
User

by Ninja » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:32 pm

@sunnydaler: Maybe I can post some videos some time. :) I'll see about it.

Uranato wrote:Also, I wanted to ask, melee-wise, which hero is better - Veruk or Jun'Pai?

It's probably Veruk, but only because his skills are all geared toward melee combat. Jun'Pai is certainly the stronger hero overall.
Last edited by Ninja on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Uranato » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 pm

That's what I thought, too. I heard someone saying in Reddit that Jun'Pai beats Veruk in melee, and that Veruk is more 'supportive', whereas Jun'Pai is an average melee guy (snake?) who contstantly needs to be near other troops, and his dueling skills are also not that good (his skills are focused on support and area damage).

Does anyone have any idea what the next update is gonna be? I've already completed Subaqutic Menace (heroid, iron, impossible, achievements, everything) and am eager for the next update. I hope they add a free tower, and possibly a new hero who's focused on melee (currently, we don't have any decent melee fighters in Vengeance. Maybe Veruk, but he has low armor and dies quickly against armored targets).

I was thinking Margosa, but since I haven't used her, can you tell me about her melee capabilities?
User

by Ninja » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Margosa actually isn't talked about enough, IMO. The reason for that is basically she's really boring. All she does is sit there and kill things (most of the time in Beast Form, reducing how often you get to see her flashy skills). Don't let that distract you from how powerful she is, however. She's actually extremely tanky at level (especially in Beast Form, but that's obvious), being only second to Jigou. She also deals a ton of damage. :hero:

Again, though, she's really boring to use. I think the general reasoning is this: If you want a boring, OP hero, then Margosa is just Beresad lite. ;)
User

by Uranato » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Boring heroes aren't used much, that's right. The opposite goes for Jun'Pai. He's quite interesting and the devs have shown him to be a powerful hero, with his magical trident and all those skills (the Naga debuff seems pretty great), but it's all quite exaggerated. Jun'Pai ain't as powerful as he appears to be on the first glance. If used well, he can be decent, but he definitely isn't a tide-turner (if you don't take the literal meaning).

Also, I noticed that the stat bars of the new hero and tower have been messed up. They used Jigou's stats for Jun'Pai and Orcs Den's stats for the DD Reef.

One more thing I hope for is the Encyclopedia. They have in in KR, KRF & KRO, then why not in Vengeance?
User

by Ninja » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Uranato wrote:Also, I noticed that the stat bars of the new hero and tower have been messed up. They used Jigou's stats for Jun'Pai and Orcs Den's stats for the DD Reef.

One more thing I hope for is the Encyclopedia. They have in in KR, KRF & KRO, then why not in Vengeance?

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but not soon enough to bring it up in beta testing. They had the corresponding voice lines to those units as well as placeholders during beta, so that’s probably why.

Sadly, it’s not looking great for chances of an Encyclopedia. It was talked about for pretty much all of the game’s initial beta-testing lifespan. I uess they wanted to keep the game a certain size, and the new towers pushed the Encyclopedia out because of that. :cry:
User

PreviousNext