QOL improvements for KR Vengeance

For the King!

QOL improvements for KR Vengeance

by Magnus0 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am

I think the kingdom rush series can learn a thing or two from Iron Marines. The most obvious IM mechanic that can be used in kingdom rush as well, is the ability to move units by swiping to the destination you want your units to go to. That would make micromaninging barracks much more fluid than the current rally point system. Another benifit is that this allows you to put your units at their maximum rally range more easily by swiping over the border of the rally range.

Another thing that can be carried over from IM is the ability to target a specific enemy. Obviously this should only work for heroes and barracks, not for any other towers. Now, it can be really annoying to get your hero to fight a specific foe in a group of enemies. A simple targeting system could solve this.

Are there any other little improvements you can think of that could improve the upcoming kingdom rush game?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: QOL improvements for KR Vengeance

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 am

I'd like to see enemy prioritising, so you can have a tower target the front most (as it does now), the backmost, the strongest or the weakest.

But swiping would be excellent, after playing IM I found myself doing that with heroes and wondering why they weren’t moving.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:34 pm

I really liked being able to control abilities for heroes, although I can see this cluttering the screen with too many features if we include this.

If we can swipe barracks, and even if not, I really hope there is some feature to improve the way they are rallied, as right now, trying to group them together or to get them at the end of their rally range is frustrating, especially the latter since going too far just does nothing. If it exceeds the range, then just gomas far to the end of the range in that direction as possible. Simple.

A little touch that was nice in Iron Marines was the greater number of quotes for heroes. I really want to see as much varied dialogue from the heroes as possible (and hopefully not repeated quotes, like Guiying saying Kutsao’s signature “Shapeless like water” and other examples). It gives me even more of a sense of their personality with the more they can say, and I can get even more attached to the hero with more to quote from them.

Otherwise, nothing that hasn’t already been said above comes to mind.
BBB

by Magnus0 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 pm

It would be cool to have little indications for when a certain powerful hero skill is off cooldown. Like a flashing eyes animation or a voiceline.

I think voice lines in general are underutilised. They could be used to give the player vital information. A voiceline for when the hero is low on health is a good start as it lets you know that you have to get your hero out of danger soon.

And while I'm at it, I would like to see a small cooldown on voice lines, like maybe five seconds. I like to macro my heroes a lot, and the fact that moving heroes triggers a voice line every time can get grating very quickly. This is especially true for heroes that benifit from moving inbetween their attacks to increase fire rate.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User